[WC] Italia vs Ghana [12-06-2006] (11 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I am very happy with the way the team played. All the guys I expected to be our weak spots played very well.... Totti, Pirlo and Zaccardo. Lets hope Totti's not badly injured. Toni also played well esp in the 1st half - No wonder why the crowd cheered him when he came off..... Forza Italia.
What made it more sweet was that I watched the match with a shit load of Italia haters. We were only 2 Azzurri which I found quite surprising considering that I'm @ a South African varsity and they are'nt @ the WC coz of Ghana

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Yvos said:
Can someone please explain me, why there isn't any coach who believes in Del Piero. I don't know where to write down my frustrations, but I really become very sad. Del Piero is the most underestimated player of the world. Knowing that he is such a model-pro, I sometimes have tears in my eyes, when I know he should be on the pitch and not on the bench.
I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this!
Well you have to give credit to Lippi. Playing with the system he did and using "70% Totti". ;) It went really well.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Italy kick off with win

Ian Holyman - 12/06/2006

Andrea Pirlo and Vincenzo Iaquinta both found the net as Italy began their Group E campaign with a 2-0 win over Ghana. Milan midfielder Pirlo bent a fierce low shot into the bottom corner six minutes before the interval, before sub Iaquinta sealed the win with a late strike.

Ratomir Dujkovic's side gave a fine account of themselves, with captain Stephen Appiah an energetic presence in midfield.

But while Marcello Lippi's line-up struggled with the Ghanaians' athleticism, they carved out the better chances.

Serie A top scorer Luca Toni crashed a fine effort off the underside of the bar, while playmaker Francesco Totti twice stung the hands of Ghana keeper Richard Kingston with fierce long-range efforts.

Michael Essien forced Azzurri stopper Gigi Buffon into a fine stop with a dipping half-volley, before Kingston was again called into action to deny Simone Perrotta a rare goal.

Lippi was given a scare when playmaker Francesco Totti was forced off after he was accidentally trodden on, but Iaquinta latched onto a woeful Sammy Kuffour backpass to clinch the points six minutes from time.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Yeaaah Italy really showed their strenght, I don't think they even played with 80% of their strenght, I mean just look haow they pressed in the first half and that wasn't their 100%. As Italian fan I think Italy can make progres even to the final, and then why not to win, especially as noone is putting Italians in top favorites...

And also I don't think DP will get chance to play from the start on this tournament, as all papers say Lippi is extremly satisfied with Iaquinta and performances he showed on training, maybe Alex could get a chance if Totti's injury become serious and Iaquinta get injured too or other attacker, which I hardly doubt

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
I'm really happy for the result. Italy played excelent the first half. Not that well on the second but, anyway I liked what I saw today. Nevertheless, I'm really angry and pissed off because of Lippi's attitude against dp!!! I really trusted in Lippi. I don't know what is happening but I think that dp doesn't deserve what is happening to him right now. I hope he can find his spot during the WC.

Anyway, great victory! Great start! Forza Azurri! and Forza dp!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited post...:D

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Lippi put a winning line up today. I hope he does the same for all games and disregards media cues and pressure unlike what I feel S.G.Eriksson does

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Brixity said:
Lippi put a winning line up today. I hope he does the same for all games and disregards media cues and pressure unlike what I feel S.G.Eriksson does
where were u 5 pages ago because everyone was hating the lineup, saying it was exactly like trap....i could of used your support lol

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Well done Azzurri! We controlled the game most of the game. Ghana had a good spell as all teams do in certain stages of games but The Italians wasted alot of clear cut chances which could have easily been an early night for the ghanians! The passing was second to none and im really happy. Also Totti had a good run out which was good. Overall a professional performance which shows the rest of the world, We're Really who ever you throw at us!

Forza Italia!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)