[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (8 Viewers)

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #81
    Barone ready for Aussie role Saturday 24 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simone Barone made his World Cup debut this week and hopes to add another appearance against Australia.

“I am happy, as it’s always the ultimate dream for every player to represent your country at the World Cup,” exclaimed the Palermo midfielder. “I am happy to have achieved this career high.”

He made this dream come true when coming on for the final 17 minutes of the 2-0 win over the Czech Republic on Thursday.

With Daniele De Rossi suspended for four games and Simone Perrotta still dealing with a niggling injury, his chances of featuring in the second round clash with Australia have been boosted.

“It’s only normal that a team must have a basic skeleton to rely upon. The important thing is to train hard and then, if you are given the opportunity to play, it’s the icing on the cake.”

Barone played an important part in the Azzurri’s second goal against the Czechs, as Pippo Inzaghi dummied a pass to him before waltzing round Petr Cech, although some expected him to roll it across for the Palermo man.

“I sprinted up there to give him a hand, but Pippo chose another option,” he explained. “He did well and I’m very happy he scored. Of course he wanted the goal more because he’d just missed two chances, so he was hungry for it. I admit I thought about scoring it myself for a moment. My teammates made fun of me because I ran 50 metres up the pitch for nothing!”

Now that they have negotiated the group phase unbeaten, Italy will take on Guus Hiddink’s Australia on Monday in Kaiserslautern.

“They are an excellent squad. I watched all three of their games and they are very organised. It’ll be difficult, so we must stay focused, but we have respect rather than fear.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    already ready for quarters i see! I have to say australia are better than US in first place we have better players and better coach :D.Also we DO NOT PLAY ROUGH!!! Brazil has stated that we where best best team they faced Croatia where in shock of how good we where! U watch the italians they already think there through so far from truth! I tell you know we never give up we dont stop running if italy dont brake us early we will torment them like we did brazil croatia and japan with our fast football unlike the slow italians if they tink the long balls will work they better b kidding we will eat them up all day, if we take our chances look out!

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Andy said:
    Just like it was against my boys, right?

Believe me Azzurri fans, no match will be easy for you from this point on. Some fans here should have a little more respect for their opponents because you don't want the US match or 2002 to happen all over again. Italy might have what it takes to win the World Cup, but teams like the US and Australia can and will beat you on their day.

what do u expect his name is lil zlaten....cocky and full of shit. please dont let these people represent the italian community. Every REAL italian fan will say that no opponent in the world cup is easy. The qualifies just like everyone else and deserve to be their. Lippi and his team will not under estimate anyone. I know our boys will be ready and i no we will see the italy that we saw against ghana and against the czech, a good solid team throughout the lineup.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Alfio_87 said:
    already ready for quarters i see! I have to say australia are better than US in first place we have better players and better coach :D.Also we DO NOT PLAY ROUGH!!! Brazil has stated that we where best best team they faced Croatia where in shock of how good we where! U watch the italians they already think there through so far from truth! I tell you know we never give up we dont stop running if italy dont brake us early we will torment them like we did brazil croatia and japan with our fast football unlike the slow italians if they tink the long balls will work they better b kidding we will eat them up all day, if we take our chances look out!

its strange because you keep telling us not to under estimate the aussies when i actually think you under estimating italy. You seem very cocky and i think italy will surprise you with the way we come out. This is amazing how you think we are slow, when we have zambo down the right with cammo and grosso with perrota on the left. pirlo and the pit bull gattuso arent slow IMO, they play an up tempo game. I think we can adjust to who we are playing and play at their speed. we arent the faster teams in the tourny but we arent slow......

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Morra10 said:
    its strange because you keep telling us not to under estimate the aussies when i actually think you under estimating italy. You seem very cocky and i think italy will surprise you with the way we come out. This is amazing how you think we are slow, when we have zambo down the right with cammo and grosso with perrota on the left. pirlo and the pit bull gattuso arent slow IMO, they play an up tempo game. I think we can adjust to who we are playing and play at their speed. we arent the faster teams in the tourny but we arent slow......
    Iam not saying italy are slow but i think the tempo italy play is rather slow! When USA pushed the tempo up you seen Italy struggle there is no doubt italy will like to control the tempo and posession but i tell you this aint going to happen we wont allow it! We will push the tempo as high as US did maybe even higher on TV you cant really tell that deeply but you ask a german or supporter who has watched games live and you can see what i mean!

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Alfio_87 said:
    Iam not saying italy are slow but i think the tempo italy play is rather slow! When USA pushed the tempo up you seen Italy struggle there is no doubt italy will like to control the tempo and posession but i tell you this aint going to happen we wont allow it! We will push the tempo as high as US did maybe even higher on TV you cant really tell that deeply but you ask a german or supporter who has watched games live and you can see what i mean!

thats kool and i agree italy will want to control the tempo but if u think we only play on tempo your wrong. we can sit back and wait and in a second we can play more of a up tempoed game. All 3 game you seen italy mostly controling the tempo and the ball, espically in the czech game.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Morra10 said:
    thats kool and i agree italy will want to control the tempo but if u think we only play on tempo your wrong. we can sit back and wait and in a second we can play more of a up tempoed game. All 3 game you seen italy mostly controling the tempo and the ball, espically in the czech game.
    i dont understand how the italians played v the czechs was good! they played againest 10 men for enitre second half and where sitting back and sucking in pressure whats that junk! If it wasent for buffon or canna it could have been different! i know iam being hard on italians but thats because i expect more from so called heavyweights of football. Australia have problems of there own at moment bit in goals and can Viduka ever get on scoresheet! anyway i think it will b a very very tough game on italy especially physically! :faq1: But i expect them to win of course just of there world class should make difference! I loking forward to a few matchups especially! Viduka V Materazzi and Canna- strongest player over ball in game v can get frustrated materazzi canna will b too short for viduka so i think materazzi will man mark him, Kewell V Zambrotta i expect canna to cover at every chance, Grella V Totti - grella should know him very well from marking him with parma! it would ahve been emerton but his suspended

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Alfio_87 said:
    i dont understand how the italians played v the czechs was good! they played againest 10 men for enitre second half and where sitting back and sucking in pressure whats that junk! If it wasent for buffon or canna it could have been different! i know iam being hard on italians but thats because i expect more from so called heavyweights of football. Australia have problems of there own at moment bit in goals and can Viduka ever get on scoresheet! anyway i think it will b a very very tough game on italy especially physically! :faq1: But i expect them to win of course just of there world class should make difference! I loking forward to a few matchups especially! Viduka V Materazzi and Canna- strongest player over ball in game v can get frustrated materazzi canna will b too short for viduka so i think materazzi will man mark him, Kewell V Zambrotta i expect canna to cover at every chance, Grella V Totti - grella should know him very well from marking him with parma! it would ahve been emerton but his suspended

the czech's never got a good opportunity expect for a couple of good shots from neddy. I havent seen one game where italy looked bad defesively. they had about 60% of the ball in that game and waited until the czech made a mistake and the capitalized, that isnt a bad thing to do when your 1-0 up and a win will give you 1st in the group. I expect canna to be everywhere just like the first 3 games, he has been great in the world cup, and it is what we needed. i think up front luca toni cant be marked. he is fast for a big man and can score with ease. I think it will be hard for the aussies to stop him and then if u try to hard to shut him down someone else with have more space to score. It will be a good game for sure and i think it will be tight, i hope the ref. dont blow this game and i would hate too see one team lose off of a bad call.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Funny how Italy (whom I support) seem to have a habit of facing off against my teams. I've always said that I'd support Korea over any other team (as they say, blood is thicker than water). Likewise, in this case I'd be 100% barracking for Australia, though I'm Australian by birth and citizenship rather than heritage.

Carn 'Straya!! (translation: come on Australia!)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Not to get ahead of ourselves, but if Italy makes it past the Aussies, their choices of pre-WC friendlies will seem like a bit of fortune telling.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    Australia and Switzerland represent the tournament's dark horses IMO. I dont know how we'll compare to their faster football so I guess it's gonna be about tactics. I see Lippi going with a 4 man midfield

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    With De Rossi suspended and Perrotta injured, I don't think it would be possible, probably a 3-man midfield with Totti playing behind the strikers. I really hope Totti performs this time.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ZhiXin said:
    With De Rossi suspended and Perrotta injured, I don't think it would be possible, probably a 3-man midfield with Totti playing behind the strikers. I really hope Totti performs this time.
    Perrotta is injured???!!!

When,how?

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Brixity said:
    Australia and Switzerland represent the tournament's dark horses IMO. I dont know how we'll compare to their faster football so I guess it's gonna be about tactics. I see Lippi going with a 4 man midfield

If we play like we did against the Ghanians, im sure we'll be ok. But the Australians and Swiss are more physical than we are. So we need to try not to be pushed around too easily.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ZhiXin said:
    It is just at the top of the page, where Stephan's post showed everything that u need to know
    Oh,I see know...damn!!!!

So ,we have : Barone,Pirlo,Gattuso,Camoranesi left....

Who is suspeneded in the Australian team,besides Emerton??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)