[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (2 Viewers)

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #43
    Alfio_87 said:
    u guys still in denial lol DP aint even gonna get a sniff of the match he might as well pack his bags for turin , The golden child is Totti and that is it he is going to b a constant first 11 and thats where it ends he is what Italy is built around it makes me laugh they are built around a player at 60% and so out of touch but hey if gives us aussies even more hope!! Australia play with a belief that cannot b underestimated! U want to see play with heart Australia is it! We have got a bunch of warriors who run for 120 mins we dont carry passengers we dont play like millioners and expect the game to come to us! I tell you now if Italy dont show Australia respect they could b on the outer! If Cannavaro and Buffon werent playing i would say australia would be in quarters! Cause we would definalty score goals! Lippi still has no idea what he wants to do with the side! Those negative feelings could come crawlling back from 4 years ago so very quickly!
    wake up man, trappa is not the coach of italy anymore.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #44
    Buffon issues Hiddink warning Friday 23 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has warned Australia boss Guus Hiddink, their next opponents, that the Azzurri are looking for revenge.

Hiddink was in charge of the South Korean outfit who knocked Buffon and Co out of the World Cup four years ago.

Now the Dutch tactician has been reunited with a Second Round Italian clash and the ‘keeper is eager for a different result.

“Hiddink enjoyed many an evening with Korea when they beat us, now we have a chance for revenge,” said the shot-stopper.

“We certainly could have had a worse draw in the last 16, but we must not underestimate anyone and go into the match in the right mental state.

“They are a very strong side physically and have a great Coach, but it won’t be like our match against the USA.

“If a side wants to beat us then they are going to have to sweat through seven shirts. We may sometimes play badly, but we are tough to beat.”

Italy set up an Aussie tie yesterday when they defeated the Czech Republic 2-0, even if the performance has been criticised by some sections of the media.

“I don’t agree with all of the criticism,” added the custodian. “We did suffer a bit at the start when the Czech Republic gave it their all.

“My personal duel with Pavel Nedved? He evidently thought that I was rubbish, seeing as he kept shooting from distance,” he smiled. “Seriously though, he proved himself to be a great.”

Meanwhile, Buffon has revealed that yesterday’s victory was one for the banned Daniele De Rossi who today picked up a four-match suspension.

“We dedicated it to De Rossi and hopefully we can give him the satisfaction of playing in the Final,” he added.

When asked to comment on the news that Juventus had been indicted for sporting fraud, Buffon was keeping quiet.

“I don’t want to comment on what is happening, especially as the definite sentences are some way off,” he concluded.
    ------------

Geof

May 14, 2004
    you've got to admit that Hiddink is pretty unbelieveable. Who would've predicted that Australia would be a threat for Italy in the WC, 1 year ago??

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #47
    Stephan said:
    So italians will meet Hiddink again. :scared:

This one is really hard to predict.
    oh come on, someone gave me a neg rep for starting this thread. whats the problem with people these days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ZAF3000 said:
    You know whats amazing, the 26th is going to be my last day of exams :) ..
    I have 3 exams left that will take place Saturday, Sunday and Monday..
    And if everything goes well, monday will be my last exam ever in university...

So wish me luck!!! I REALLY NEED IT :)

Hopefully Italia will make my day even better by winning their game :)
    Good luck with your exams, mate...Italy will make your day better!;)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    I have faith in Lippi.I hope that he can carry us out in the next stage.
    He certainly knows what to do against our next opponent.
    And one more thing,we did everything possible to avoid Brazil,and that's good for us...the rest didn't depend on us,Australia and Croatia were "fighting" for the direct clash against Italy!

I would like to see:

--------------------Buffon------------------------
    Zambrotta---Materazzi--Cannavaro---Grosso
    ---------Camoranesi-Pirlo-Gattuso-------------
    ------------------Del Piero-----------------------
    --------------Toni-------Pippo-------------------

Feb 27, 2005
    I love both the Azzurri and the Socceroos. I really don't know what i will do when the game is on. There are many Italian Australians in Melbourne and i'm sure they're in the same boat as me. I will go for both, i think Italy will win but Australia have been amazing in the World Cup and anything is possible.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    I didnt want this match but I guess we'll just have to play it through if we r to prove we deserve to win the WC. I hope we get revenge on Hiddink like Lyon did to him in the past 2 CL seasons

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Jeeks said:
    What about this one?

Buffon
    Zambo-Matrix-Canna-Grosso
    Perrotta-Gattuso-Pirlo
    Camo
    Toni-Inzaghi

Thats a good one....But I'm afraind Mauro wont be that good in that position...I'd still play a 70-80% fit Totti than Mauro playing playmaker role. He could replace Perrotta though.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #53
    Azzurri7 said:
    Thats a good one....But I'm afraind Mauro wont be that good in that position...I'd still play a 70-80% fit Totti than Mauro playing playmaker role. He could replace Perrotta though.
    after our conversation in italy-czechs match thread yesterday i am rather surprised you want to start totti :confused2

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Stephan said:
    after our conversation in italy-czechs match thread yesterday i am rather surprised you want to start totti :confused2

I said I'd play him over MAURO in THAT position.....I'd still play Del Piero over Totti in that role though.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #57
    Azzurri7 said:
    I said I'd play him over MAURO in THAT position.....I'd still play Del Piero over Totti in that role though.
    then why you even say play totti in that position, if the trueth is you want dp to play in that role/position.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Stephan said:
    then why you even say play totti in that position, if the trueth is you want dp to play in that role/position.

Do you pretend to play Stupid role or what??

I said that I prefer Totti in that role much more than Mauro, thats because Mauro has never been playing in that Position. That said, that, I'd still go with Del Piero over Totti.

I've had enough of this, try to play somewhere else.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Alfio_87 said:
    u guys still in denial lol DP aint even gonna get a sniff of the match he might as well pack his bags for turin , The golden child is Totti and that is it he is going to b a constant first 11 and thats where it ends he is what Italy is built around it makes me laugh they are built around a player at 60% and so out of touch but hey if gives us aussies even more hope!! Australia play with a belief that cannot b underestimated! U want to see play with heart Australia is it! We have got a bunch of warriors who run for 120 mins we dont carry passengers we dont play like millioners and expect the game to come to us! I tell you now if Italy dont show Australia respect they could b on the outer! If Cannavaro and Buffon werent playing i would say australia would be in quarters! Cause we would definalty score goals! Lippi still has no idea what he wants to do with the side! Those negative feelings could come crawlling back from 4 years ago so very quickly!

totti isnt at 60% right now, its more like 80% lol. Lippi will not start del piero i no that pippo has a better chance then del. All the time del piero will see is with 20 minutes left for the rest of the tourny. this will be totti's best game of the tourny and he will lit up the aussies. i hope he looks like the old totti because if he plays well i dont think the aussies have a chance. Our back 4 is the strongest in the tourny and we havent gotten broken down alot. nesta will miss but materazzi is good to go, and i will think he will follow the czech game with another good game.

totti scores and luca toni scores 2-0 italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)