[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (4 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
I take it majority of the students support Juve and Italy then :D
hahahaha good one :D

Its because the faculty does not beleive that all students should pass. Students that take A in other university when they transfered to ours are having trouble getting more than a D (D is just a pass which is between 60-64.99%)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i couldnt tell you what lippi's formation will be.....maybe he will use the same formation with toni up front chasing down long balls, thats his style. but i'm sure totti will start. There is no point in starting totti for all 3 games and leaving him out in the knock out stage. Lippi played him in all 3 games to get his match fitness up for the knock-out rounds. i'll predict a 2-0 italy win, with toni finally scoring and maybe del piero scoring to end it late.

i wouldnt mind moving cammo up a little almost like he played in the czech game

----------------buffon-----------------
zambo--canna--matrix--grosso--
------------------pirlo------------------
-------gattuso------perrotta-------
cammo---------------------------------
--------------------------totti----------
-----------toni--------------------------

thats a wierd one lol a motified 4-4-2

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Alfio_87 said:
if italy play like they did v chezh australia have a real chance! Go the aussies in gus we trust!

alfio your hot but if italy plays like they did against the czech i think they might pull off a win :p

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The approach to the game is crucial as ever, I think Italy knows by now how good australia really are and I doubt teh fact that they would let an underestimate synopsis ever arise in their heads.. however in saying that what I noticed today was sheer grit and determination to win the ball and sometimes that doesnt go well with Italy. They have a fair few EPL players who certainly bring a lot to the team. I would say if we can handle Viduka, Cahill and Chipperfield, we have done the job. Kewell is good but in my eyes doesnt have much of an effect as the names mentioned above.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I believe Australia can really make a difference ot the game since Hiddink is such an unpredictable coach. Italy will have a hard time breaking through the Australians. Furthermore Hiddink can consult help from Bresciano, who has played in Serie A before. But then, Australia has Emerton suspended. Not sure of his importance to the team.

Guillermo

Jun 21, 2006
I think we are luky to face the Australians, They are fast but that´s it for them...
Hidding is a good coach, but Italia has more quality players, and Lippi knows his shit... he is the man.
Let´s hope Totti regains confidence and then will be ready to win the WC.
And I think Del Piero should play with more heart, this is his las WC and his last chance to win something big with his national team.
Any way...this sould be easy for the azzurri.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Stephan said:
someone is very confident.
I can see the reason for that

One thing that worries me is Italy's attack compartment, Gilardino and Toni seem lost on the pitch, Totti still isn't 100% and I don't know who else to replace them. I don't think the Aussies will treat DP kindly as well. Only Pippo is the perfect striker at the moment. I really hope the attack compartment buck up for this game as this is the type of game where finishing forms a big portion of the game.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
I can see the reason for that

One thing that worries me is Italy's attack compartment, Gilardino and Toni seem lost on the pitch, Totti still isn't 100% and I don't know who else to replace them. I don't think the Aussies will treat DP kindly as well. Only Pippo is the perfect striker at the moment. I really hope the attack compartment buck up for this game as this is the type of game where finishing forms a big portion of the game.
agreed...

it will be a very physical game played by the Aussies, just like the USA match

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
gray said:
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIEEEEEEE
Oh dear. Again Hiddink in the 2nd round, again gray supporting the other team, again lots of reasons to give the other team a "refereeing advantage"... this is going to turn out all wrong.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
I'm half italian, half aussie.. so I win and lose both ways.. but I recon Italy will have a very tough match here.. but due to their depth, they should just pull through the second leg. Australia is not a team to underestimate..

I'd go..
Buffon

Zambrotta Canna Materazzi Grosso

Camo Gattusso Pirlo

Totti

Inzaghi Del Piero

Personally Id love to see the soccerroos go as far as possible.. but I'd rather them lose to Italy than to lose to a country like England or Argentina.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Seven said:
Oh dear. Again Hiddink in the 2nd round, again gray supporting the other team, again lots of reasons to give the other team a "refereeing advantage"... this is going to turn out all wrong.
What reason could there possibly be for FIFA to give Australia a refereeing advantage? Simply because they're the underdogs? If you saw Australia vs Croatia, you'd agree that the referee looked hell-bent on stopping Australia getting a result from the match.

I'm glad not all Italian fans have the same doom and gloom attitude, because it's a little embarassing... "Oh man, the referees have every reason to oppose us." Come on...

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
u guys still in denial lol DP aint even gonna get a sniff of the match he might as well pack his bags for turin , The golden child is Totti and that is it he is going to b a constant first 11 and thats where it ends he is what Italy is built around it makes me laugh they are built around a player at 60% and so out of touch but hey if gives us aussies even more hope!! Australia play with a belief that cannot b underestimated! U want to see play with heart Australia is it! We have got a bunch of warriors who run for 120 mins we dont carry passengers we dont play like millioners and expect the game to come to us! I tell you now if Italy dont show Australia respect they could b on the outer! If Cannavaro and Buffon werent playing i would say australia would be in quarters! Cause we would definalty score goals! Lippi still has no idea what he wants to do with the side! Those negative feelings could come crawlling back from 4 years ago so very quickly!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
gray said:
What reason could there possibly be for FIFA to give Australia a refereeing advantage? Simply because they're the underdogs? If you saw Australia vs Croatia, you'd agree that the referee looked hell-bent on stopping Australia getting a result from the match.

I'm glad not all Italian fans have the same doom and gloom attitude, because it's a little embarassing... "Oh man, the referees have every reason to oppose us." Come on...
Kewell's equaliser was obviously offside ;). That said, I don't think Australia got an advantage against Croatia. Why they will get one against Italy? Simple, have you seen how Australia is creating a market for football? Ask yourself this: which win would make most profit to FIFA in the long run? The answer to that question is quite obviously Australia. I won't blame the ref after the game anyway, unless of course we get a Korea-like performance, because the Italians are all but a great team these days.

Oh and Kewell getting away with the finger in the Brazil game? Slightly odd if you ask me.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That makes sense in theory Andries, but it all sounds a bit conspiracy theory-ish for my liking. Believe it or not, not every match at the World Cup is rigged to appeal to FIFA's agenda.

And yes, I agree that Kewell probably should've received a suspension for his behaviour after the Brazil match. I thought it was very unprofessional and totally unnecessary, but after some of the calls the referee made in that match I can't really blame him

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
gray said:
That makes sense in theory Andries, but it all sounds a bit conspiracy theory-ish for my liking. Believe it or not, not every match at the World Cup is rigged to appeal to FIFA's agenda.

And yes, I agree that Kewell probably should've received a suspension for his behaviour after the Brazil match. I thought it was very unprofessional and totally unnecessary, but after some of the calls the referee made in that match I can't really blame him
After I managed to predict the USA would get robbed, I think there really is a conspiracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)