[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (9 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
One more question guys:what do you think about Pirlo,honestly?

1-How much is he important for the team
2-What is his advantage and his fault(if he has any)
3-What do you think about his technique

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
giovanotti said:

1. Lippi and Ancoletti have said he is irreplaceable. this highlights his improtance to the team.

Advantage - He is one a defensive playmaker, a player who can defend with all attacks starting from him. He can also make accurate passes, crosses and through passes to break the defence. Free kick wise is above average, around the Beckham standard.

Weakness - Too frail. Will have trouble in dealing with fast and physical players. And off form this season.

3 Technique wise, when he is on form, he can damage any team. He is underrated in the world. He can pass and control the ball very well. Gattuso even said that when he looked at Andrea's technique he has to ask himself if he is a footballer. But still can improve in terms of free kicks and crosses.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
giovanotti said:

(1) The only creative midfielder we have.
(2) Advantages: Set-pieces
Disadvantages: Too lightweight, often slow in releasing the ball. Slows the tempo down.
(3) 7/10 for technique. :D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
ZhiXin said:
1. Lippi and Ancoletti have said he is irreplaceable. this highlights his improtance to the team.

Advantage - He is one a defensive playmaker, a player who can defend with all attacks starting from him. He can also make accurate passes, crosses and through passes to break the defence. Free kick wise is above average, around the Beckham standard.

Weakness - Too frail. Will have trouble in dealing with fast and physical players. And off form this season.

3 Technique wise, when he is on form, he can damage any team. He is underrated in the world. He can pass and control the ball very well. Gattuso even said that when he looked at Andrea's technique he has to ask himself if he is a footballer. But still can improve in terms of free kicks and crosses.
In my opinion he is irreplaceable!I remembered how much Milan suffered last season without Pirlo,much more than without Sheva.
I agree about his weakness,and you gave a great description.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Moggi D'Messiah said:
(1) The only creative midfielder we have.
(2) Advantages: Set-pieces
Disadvantages: Too lightweight, often slow in releasing the ball. Slows the tempo down.
(3) 7/10 for technique. :D
I think that we have another one,Camoranesi,he can be used as a winger and a playmaker.
Camoranesi can pass the ball very well,and has a possibility of long range shots,he scored some goals at that way.

Pirlo's technique is fantastic indeed,he controle the ball very well,and he is the player who assists very often.He is also one of our most fauled players.

Sep 14, 2003
I remember back in 2000 after the U-21 had won another European Championship, with Pirlo in the team, some of the commentators said they couldn't see any of the team being good enough to make the senior side. Not only did they get it wrong, they were badly wrong!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Alfio_87 said:
already ready for quarters i see! I have to say australia are better than US in first place we have better players and better coach :D.Also we DO NOT PLAY ROUGH!!! Brazil has stated that we where best best team they faced Croatia where in shock of how good we where! U watch the italians they already think there through so far from truth! I tell you know we never give up we dont stop running if italy dont brake us early we will torment them like we did brazil croatia and japan with our fast football unlike the slow italians if they tink the long balls will work they better b kidding we will eat them up all day, if we take our chances look out!
good....

I hope the rest of Australia is as over-confident as you are, because you will be in for a rude awakening if Italy comes out and plays an attacking 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
giovanotti said:

1-Very important gives italy a big advantage on the other teams in the world, especially in that position infront of the defence.

2-precise passing, great vision, very creative...basically gives the team another dimension.
his disadvantage is that he isnt as tough as ur typical defensive midfielder and his workrate is good but u expect more..also he is slow

3-great technical ability this guy posses, and as many here mentioned he could damage any defense if he is on form

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #116
    the reports say, hiddink has invited moreno to be the referee for the match between italy and australia.

:D

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #117
    today evening they will decide how many and which players from italy they will sent off against australia. the main canditates are gattuso, totti and materazzi. and no one will be suspecious because those players have not the best reputation anyway, but this time, even when they try to play fair, they will be kicked out. ref will give totti a red for injury problem and for matrix and rino because of their looks, they look scary. after this tournament they will come up with new refereeing also, if you look scary you will be automatically get booked so rino and matrix better go for a face operation.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Alfio mate u r wrong in some of the things u discussed

ur looking way too much into the US game which was a freak game.

and ur way off when u say that italy's defence has problems, they r one of the few teams in the competition that their defence was solid as u can get(considering the competition they had)

socceroos will run their hearts out, but they will need to be more clinical as no team will play as badly as croatians did.Italy's defence is an art, and they will close down everywhere on the field. They wont defend deep like croatia did.

if italy play their game then there will be soo much problems for the soccerroos defence and italy need totti to be on form

Clinical is the key for australia....i wont be cheering for them come game time though, am behind the azzuri in this one

somewhat i see the refferee a big factor in this game, as he is one of the worst refs in the world....Luis Medina Canteliho.Everyone who watches the liga would remember some stupid things he did

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    sateeh said:
    Alfio mate u r wrong in some of the things u discussed

ur looking way too much into the US game which was a freak game.

and ur way off when u say that italy's defence has problems, they r one of the few teams in the competition that their defence was solid as u can get(considering the competition they had)

socceroos will run their hearts out, but they will need to be more clinical as no team will play as badly as croatians did.Italy's defence is an art, and they will close down everywhere on the field. They wont defend deep like croatia did.

if italy play their game then there will be soo much problems for the soccerroos defence and italy need totti to be on form

Clinical is the key for australia....i wont be cheering for them come game time though, am behind the azzuri in this one

somewhat i see the refferee a big factor in this game, as he is one of the worst refs in the world....Luis Medina Canteliho.Everyone who watches the liga would remember some stupid things he did
    Very true things about Italian team and defence,sateeh!

What,Luis Medina is the ref..........DAMN!!!!!!:wallbang::wallbang: I can't believe it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)