[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (47 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
sateeh said:
1-Very important gives italy a big advantage on the other teams in the world, especially in that position infront of the defence.

2-precise passing, great vision, very creative...basically gives the team another dimension.
his disadvantage is that he isnt as tough as ur typical defensive midfielder and his workrate is good but u expect more..also he is slow

3-great technical ability this guy posses, and as many here mentioned he could damage any defense if he is on form
:agree:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Another header from Matrix would be sweet:cool:
Or from Canna...man I would be so happy to see the captain scoring in the World Cup!:toast:

What do you think Rab,would our defence let Germans to play their game ,like Swedes did it today?:)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
giovanotti said:
Or from Canna...man I would be so happy to see the captain scoring in the World Cup!:toast:

What do you think Rab,would our defence let Germans to play their game ,like Swedes did it today?:)
No Fooking way. The swedes defence was a complete Joke today....Something Canna and CO will never let it happen.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #125
    WHAT; LUIS MEDINA IS the ref?

OMG :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

from wikipedia :Luis Medina Cantalejo
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Luis Medina Cantalejo (born March 1, 1964) is a Spanish football referee.

Professionally, Medina Cantalejo, is a sports assessor who lives in Tomares, west of Seville. As an international referee for just two years, he officiated the playoff between Uruguay and Australia for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He was brought in at the last minute to officiate matches at the finals of the 2006 FIFA World Cup after injuries were sustained to previously listed referees. He officiated the Germany v. Poland match and the Netherlands vs Argentina.

He is one of the few officials allowed to officiate the domestic clashes between Real Madrid and F.C. Barcelona.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Stephan said:
    WHAT; LUIS MEDINA IS the ref?

OMG :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

from wikipedia :Luis Medina Cantalejo
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Luis Medina Cantalejo (born March 1, 1964) is a Spanish football referee.

Professionally, Medina Cantalejo, is a sports assessor who lives in Tomares, west of Seville. As an international referee for just two years, he officiated the playoff between Uruguay and Australia for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He was brought in at the last minute to officiate matches at the finals of the 2006 FIFA World Cup after injuries were sustained to previously listed referees. He officiated the Germany v. Poland match and the Netherlands vs Argentina.

He is one of the few officials allowed to officiate the domestic clashes between Real Madrid and F.C. Barcelona.
    That's not going to work. Spaniards are notorious for holding a grudge against Italians. They consider Italians pretty boys who get too much credit for what they do. Anyway, FIFA will have a hard time fixing this game as Italy is 5 times the team Australia is. Congrats if you manage to pull it off, Sepp.

Sep 14, 2003
    Seven said:
    That's not going to work. Spaniards are notorious for holding a grudge against Italians. They consider Italians pretty boys who get too much credit for what they do. Anyway, FIFA will have a hard time fixing this game as Italy is 5 times the team Australia is. Congrats if you manage to pull it off, Sepp.
    Well, it would certainly be a huge story if the mighty Azzurri were to get knocked out by Australia, the sort of story FIFA would love. :agree:

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #131
    Lippi brings back Toni Saturday 24 June, 2006

Marcello Lippi looks ready to bring back Luca Toni in a 4-3-1-2 system against Australia and practised penalty kicks.

Tonight’s training session had the Azzurri split into two for a game between ranks and the probable forward line for Monday’s second round clash saw Francesco Totti line up behind Alberto Gilardino and Toni.

The Fiorentina hitman, who scored 31 Serie A goals this season but is yet to find the net in the World Cup, was not in great shape in the opening two games and dropped to the bench for the 2-0 win over the Czech Republic.

Lippi used a 4-4-1-1 system in that final Group E encounter, but looks as if he’s thinking about returning to the favoured tactic for the knockout clash with the Socceroos.

Perhaps wary of Italy’s poor record in shoot-outs, the Coach also got his players to practice their penalties at the end of tonight’s training session. The spot-kick takers were Marco Materazzi, Massimo Oddo, Andrea Pirlo, Totti, Gilardino, Toni and Alessandro Del Piero.
    ------

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i think its a positive move to bring back Toni for this game as his strength will be need upfront and i see him scoring.Also Totti could get some room in the middle as am not very impressed by the closing down of the socceroos

And i think that Emerton is huge blow for australia as he worked soo hard in all three games both in defence and helping out upfront.

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    giovanotti said:
    Watching the WC,so far,I can say that most of the refs like the same thing.:D
    Oh boy, have you got that right.:disagree:
    There are so many red cards this year, it's ridiculous.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    sateeh said:
    i think its a positive move to bring back Toni for this game as his strength will be need upfront and i see him scoring.Also Totti could get some room in the middle as am not very impressed by the closing down of the socceroos

And i think that Emerton is huge blow for australia as he worked soo hard in all three games both in defence and helping out upfront.
    Agreed,I would like Toni upfront as well,but I'm not sure about Totti...with his "passing the ball to the keeper" shots he wouldn't score even against Kalac.

Anyhow,it is a bad thing that Nesta is injured.No matter Matrix scored against the Czech Rep,I'm not so secure having him in the defence.

Why a penalty kicks practise??It seems that Lippi is expecting that...

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #135
    why not? it can happen, imo its smart move, come on, lippi cant expect italy to win for sure.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Stephan said:
    why not? it can happen, imo its smart move, come on, lippi cant expect italy to win for sure.
    It is good ,he is not underestimating the opponent....on the other hand,maybe he thinks that we should be happy if we win on the penalty kicks...

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #137
    well his not a fortune teller, it can go down to penaltys. and italy should be happy if they win with penaltys.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Stephan said:
    well his not a fortune teller, it can go down to penaltys. and italy should be happy if they win with penaltys.

BULLSHIT !!!

Italy should never be dragged to PK's against Australia...

if we dont beat them by 2 or more goals, then we arent as good as I thought

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    i never said Italian defence is shit they are world class no doubt about it i believe they have world best with canna there! Tho Materazzi can have a rush of blood from time to time!:D The more i look at game the key of shutting down Pirlo is! He gives italy all its creativity going forward if they cut him out, play physical on him push him around and see if he can make him have as minimal effect on game as possible! Cause in the wc so far Pirlo and canna have been by far italys best players! got to get the italians running like mad for real chance if not we will def loose

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    the logic says that this should be easy for Italy win over Australia 2-0, 3-0. But football hasn't logic at all.
    the aussies, is in a great shape. Their player run a lot behind the ball. But I'm thinking that this should be easy for Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)