Unfortunate Ending (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
snoop said:
fuck the lands and the flags, one of the stupid reasons people kill each others. he is not the first, I am like that too. I don't belong to any country..
Mind the language Snoop.

There's a famous Einstein quote which is appropriate:
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am sorry to see you go. I am a paid up member of the bashing Capello club so i may as well shut the fuck up too. But i dont ttake things personally and you were always one of the more objective posters on here. i too do not frequent Nick against the world simply cos the talk there aint about footabll and thats the only reason I come onto this forum. I would not say I share your views on elitism simply cos i don't read that much of whats said on there if its not football but Sergio is one of the nicer people on here. Vinman has his critics but he is always a laff. Some guys you didnt even mention have taken it upon themselves to give their 2 cents and thats probably 1 of the sadder aspects of what this forum has turned to. Well you are always welcome here to post and thansk for sharing your knowledge in the past

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
snoop said:
fuck the lands and the flags, one of the stupid reasons people kill each others. he is not the first, I am like that too. I don't belong to any country..
I was always a fan of the comedy bit where Eddie Izzard talks about how the British claimed India as a colony. It basically goes along the lines where the British arrive at the shores of India, they exchange words, and the British say, "Oh, by the way, do you have a flag?"

"No."

"No flag, no country. That's the rule. India is ours now, thank you." ;)

May 11, 2006
f*** the lands and the flags, one of the stupid reasons people kill each others. he is not the first, I am like that too. I don't belong to any country
I don’t know where you from but do you really want to tell me that you don’t care at all about your own country? If you were - god forbid – to wake up in the morning and open the newspaper and find out your own country got invaded i.e. women/children/old men gets killed/raped/tortured wouldn’t stimulate any emotions inside you?

If to my question your answer is yes….. Then maybe we are different in the way we see the meaning of a Homeland is.

Notice that I didn’t label you or judge your country and said: people from that country have no loyalty to their own land. Or judged your family by your act because (my point) it’s not fair and you can’t judge the group(your family in that case) by the act of some members(you).

You can’t hate your own country or refuse to declare that you belong to it just because in SOME places in the world there is war. Likewise, you can’t label Juventus as “Cheaters” and say: they turned their back on decency just because of a few.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #146
    king Ale said:
    I don't understand the point of making a thread to declare this "dramatic goodbye".
    anyway how it's important if Juve miss one of its fans with any reason?
    Every fan who leaves because Juve have turned their back on everything that they once stood for, is another reason for Juve to reform their ways.

king Ale said:
    if Moggi's cheated all Juve fans during 10 years,I'm still with the team cos I've been with them in every match they've played.I've loved the players and the team.have celebrated in their good days and have been sad in their bad ones.have typed a lot of FORZA JUVE(s) and GO TO HELL CAPELLO(s) here !!
    watching football for me meant(and means)watching Juve.I'm still on their side.if one day I stop supporting Juve(which I doubt),I'm sure,I won't choose another team to support and cheer for.
    And that makes you a better club fan than me. Congratulations.

TheOldLady said:
    I was born in Egypt however my mother is not Egyptian. So I am half American half Egyptian. And from what you just said I understand that you want me turn my back on both countries because both countries have corrupted govenments? just because of a few corrupted people you want me to declare the two nations corrupted? you said it not me.
    So what? My mother is Swedish and my father English, I don't "support" either government.

TheOldLady said:
    When did Juventus as a team turn its back on principles and decent conduct? and how can you judge the whole club with it's history and fans and players by the act of three peoples only??
    If you read my first post, you'd see that I'm not leaving the club simply because of the match fixing scandal, the betting scandal, or the referee scandal (as if these weren't enough), but also because of the fact that Juve has sold it's stadium name, changed the club symbol, and sold it's shirt to the highest bidder.

TheOldLady said:
    You know I never heard anyone say such a thing. I don't even understand it. In my opinion there is no good in a man that doesn't feel that he belong to the place that he/she was born, raised and learn in.
    I moved around the world when I was growing up. My father worked for the British Foreign Ministry.

Think a bit before posting, please…

Andy said:
    Oh really? The guy decides not to support Juventus during our time of anything but glory in the midst of a scandal, while at the same time gladly announces his support of clubs such as Barcelona, Arsenal, Ajax, Rangers, Marseille (hehe), LA Galaxy, River Plate, and Bayer Leverkusen? Please!

Give this man some glory...seems like he needs it.
    :lol2: You are a funny man.

barkuss said:
    as one man said....glory hunter.

You must be with your club in good or bad,happy or sad....I hate people that abandon the ship when the crissis comes,no matter how small or how big it is.

That's why I stood with Juve for the past 15 years and I will stand with Juve for the rest of my life...no forum or any link on channel4/sports/SerieA can change that.

Bye Ian
    Okay, but if blindly support the club, no matter what, then what are you really doing? I mean, it seems like you don't really care at all what happens, it would change nothing for you.

Fliakis said:
    hopefully the world cup will wash these doubts away. :pint:
    I always think the same thing, but it never works.

Fliakis said:
    anyway, lots of luck to you ian :smoke:
    Thanks man, back at you. :smoke:

Marty said:
    Sorry to see you go Ian, best of luck in the future.
    albertmare said:
    arrivederci da senior Ian . . :cry:
    take care :agree:
    Desmond said:
    I'm more than sorry to see you go Ian, for as long as you've been here you've provided the forum with quality posts and you have a knack for looking at the broader perspective.

Kudos to you and best of luck in everything. :thumbs:
    gray said:
    Damn shame to see you go, Ian. It seems we lose a decent poster every other day around here. I've always made a point of reading your posts, if only for the fact that I know they won't begin with "I concur with the post above, and the post above that one".

Kudos to you for providing an explanation, and for having the balls to say what you did in a forum where "FORZA JUVE PER SEMPRE" carries more value than any well thought-out post. Then again, you never did care much for the vox populi... not to say that you were a rebel without a cause (or any kind of rebel for that matter).

For those calling Ian a gloryhunter, stop and actually think about the reasons he's given. Then look at his location, and ask yourself if your support of Juventus makes any more sense than his supporting Barcelona. Now unless you live in Turn (which rules out 99.9% of this forum's membership, give or take 0.1%), you're in no position to be talking down at him from your high horse.

Take care Ian, I wish you all the best.
    denco said:
    I am sorry to see you go. I am a paid up member of the bashing Capello club so i may as well shut the fuck up too. But i dont ttake things personally and you were always one of the more objective posters on here. i too do not frequent Nick against the world simply cos the talk there aint about footabll and thats the only reason I come onto this forum. I would not say I share your views on elitism simply cos i don't read that much of whats said on there if its not football but Sergio is one of the nicer people on here. Vinman has his critics but he is always a laff. Some guys you didnt even mention have taken it upon themselves to give their 2 cents and thats probably 1 of the sadder aspects of what this forum has turned to. Well you are always welcome here to post and thansk for sharing your knowledge in the past
    Thanks guys.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    mikhail said:
    Mind the language Snoop.

There's a famous Einstein quote which is appropriate:
    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.
    Reminds me of a Bertrand Russel quote:

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    TheOldLady said:
    I don’t know where you from but do you really want to tell me that you don’t care at all about your own country? If you were - god forbid – to wake up in the morning and open the newspaper and find out your own country got invaded i.e. women/children/old men gets killed/raped/tortured wouldn’t stimulate any emotions inside you?
    even Animals would care for that :confused:

If to my question your answer is yes….. Then maybe we are different in the way we see the meaning of a Homeland is.

Notice that I didn’t label you or judge your country and said: people from that country have no loyalty to their own land. Or judged your family by your act because (my point) it’s not fair and you can’t judge the group(your family in that case) by the act of some members(you).
    errr, no one mentioned anything like this

You can’t hate your own country or refuse to declare that you belong to it just because in SOME places in the world there is war. Likewise, you can’t label Juventus as “Cheaters” and say: they turned their back on decency just because of a few.

I don't hate "my" country and I am never ashamed that I am Armenian, I am talking about something different here, not Armenia or any other specific countries.. I am talking about the flags and lands, which are dividing people, and bringing hate between people. And It's not me who chose to be Armenian anyway (not that it is a bad thing), but why should I kill or die for a piece of land anyway?

the last part about Juventus, I guess that was directed to Ian and not me..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Ian I really wish that u do consider prolonging ur stay in Juventuz as your posts have always bring quality to this forum. But I will respect ur choice if u choose to leave

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    TheOldLady said:
    You don't have to have some jingoistic pride in your country to think murder, rape and torture are wrong. :rolleyes2

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    TheOldLady said:

It's different around the world, you know. I barely know what my country is.

May 11, 2006
    So what? My mother is Swedish and my father English, I don't "support" either government.
    I never said once: “support your government”, I actually said the contrary. I said support your country even though it’s government might be corrupted.

Anyway, I have nothing else to say on that subject. Ian and Snoop: I understand your point of view but I completely disagree with it.

I know you all know that but let me just say: Juventus is one of the greatest clubs in Europe, was, is and always will be.

To some people what’s happening right now is a dream came true and the happy ending – for them – is to see Juve goes way down. To others – me included – It means that some irresponsible people gambled with the name of the club.

It will end with whatever the judge see fit as a punishment. If we go down, it’ll be a year or two and we’ll be back to were we belong. And soon – I know it as I know my name- we will be carrying a CL cup and maybe then I’ll come here and quote myself.

Sep 28, 2002
    if it werent for those irresponsible people, who knows where juve would be? accidentally juventus' most successful period coincided with moggi and giraudo being in charge of the club.

what goes around, comes around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)