Unfortunate Ending (1 Viewer)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #181
    Azzurri7 said:
    Ian, I didn't know you support "Barcelona, Arsenal, Ajax, Rangers, Marseille, LA Galaxy, River Plate, Bayer Leverkusen" all these teams....:lol:

What about Rapid Bucuresti, they seem to look good recently???
    Do you know how to read? You must, because you found out that I like those teams. But, surely you need a bit of work because you missed this part:
    Ian said:
    Most of the teams that I list as "other teams I support", I only support in their respective domestic league.
    I don't watch Eastern European leagues very much, so there's no reason for me to support Rapid.

snoop said:
    oh we have dozens of them here, just look at how everyone is atacking Ian, I guess it's cool or something :eyebrows:
    I guess that it makes them feel better about themselves to call me a fairweather fan, glory hunter, or to make attacks on my lack of loyalty. If that is truly the case, then I am more than glad to have provided such a service to them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    After you renounced your support for Juventus under such circumstances, I think it's fair for people to question you. Our history on this forum has not been too amicable either, so on your goodbye we might as well keep the tradition going. :pint:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    snoop said:
    oh we have dozens of them here, just look at how everyone is atacking Ian, I guess it's cool or something :eyebrows:
    Snoop, this is not high school. The cool lot are not necessarily on the opposite side here. ;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Kaiser Franco said:
    I think ppl should re-read Ian's original post. He made it quite clear that this is not the Juventus he used to know and that he feels betrayed. Despite the odd fact that he supports multiple teams (though he gave a legitimate explanation for this too) he cannot be labelled a "glory-hunter". A glory-hunter will abandon the ship when the team is underperforming, which again is not what Ian is doing.

I feel betrayed by some elements of the national team. I feel betrayed by an idiotic goallie that earns 6 million a year yet will take the risk to invest 10.000 in an illegal betting to make a few extra bucks. I feel betrayed by a captain whose only defence is "così fan tutti" and by a coach who is accused of nepotism and subjugation to Don Luciano, yet hasn't considered it appropriate to give ONE word of explanation to the fans. But I'd be kidding myself if I said I won't be supporting Italy at the WC. Granted, the bond that unites me to Italy is probably stronger than the one linking Ian to Juventus, but it's the same process. So I would go as far as arguing that you need even more courage to take the decision Ian has taken than to support your team in serie B (which is where Juve are going, no doubt).

On an added note Ian, I wouldn't exactly call Barca a team above all suspicions, as the numerous favourable calls they've received throughout their CL campaign this year seem to suggest. But that is a whole new story.
    and this from a milan fan..?? you will follow us in B. your only chance is that the biggest mafia boss in italy can help you..(berlusca)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Maresca said:
    you ask me to show class??

Yes, I do.

It's quite obvious other teams are involved in this too and I simply refuse to believe Milan are completely clean, but what's the use of crying about them every single time some Milan fan posts something here? Besides, Juventus will be sent to B, so I don't see what was so provocative about his statement.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Seven said:
    Yes, I do.

It's quite obvious other teams are involved in this too and I simply refuse to believe Milan are completely clean, but what's the use of crying about them every single time some Milan fan posts something here? Besides, Juventus will be sent to B, so I don't see what was so provocative about his statement.
    I am not sure that juve is gonna be sent to serie B. and this is the first time I answerd a post of a milan fan, and with my reaction I wanted to show, that it is enough to discuss about if it is tolerable not to be a fan of juve after this "scandal".. a true fan must support his team in good and bad times..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Maresca said:
    I am not sure that juve is gonna be sent to serie B. and this is the first time I answerd a post of a milan fan, and with my reaction I wanted to show, that it is enough to discuss about if it is tolerable not to be a fan of juve after this "scandal".. a true fan must support his team in good and bad times..
    You support a team because of what they stand for. If they cheated, it gets delicate, as you never wanted to support cheaters.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Seven said:
    Yes, I do.

Actually they are the ones crying about our players when in-fact we're still waiting for the results.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Erik said:
    *standing ovation*
    Some Irish bloke was discussing about Italian television with my dad a few years back. My dad had just told him it was all women and football that was on.

The guy just said: "Bah, those Italians..they're light years ahead of us."

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Seven said:
    Some Irish bloke was discussing about Italian television with my dad a few years back. My dad had just told him it was all women and football that was on.

The guy just said: "Bah, those Italians..they're light years ahead of us."
    Go and watch an episode of "Porta a porta" on Rai 1 and get back to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)