in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Agnelli and Perez are owners/presidents of multibillion Euros worth corporations and further more backed by corporations worth dozens of billions. Im confident they know a bit more than an average concerned fan.
Sure, but you can make the same argument for the presidents/owners of the clubs that backed out. Hell, you can even make a very similar argument about the people in charge of UEFA.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Sure, but you can make the same argument for the presidents/owners of the clubs that backed out. Hell, you can even make a very similar argument about the people in charge of UEFA.
Those that signed binding agreements, well aware what they are getting into, then abandoning project when their inbred fans, fueled by media propaganda, started rioting. Sounds very proffessional and like they know what they are doing. Or organization that has HQ in Switzerland, country renowned for offering shelter to dubious enterprises, organization that has never made their financial records accessible to general public. That lacks transparency but wants every club to be transparent and to regulate them. Yeah, Im not placing my bet on them in the long term. Lets see how this developes. In any case we are in for entertaining summer ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Club football is dead to me now. Only Juventus remains. I don’t care if we play in the Swiss League or in Serie D.
Fuck everyone. Amici di nessuno. I hope that Chinese rocket breaks up in a thousand pieces and destroys all the stadiums in Europe.
Lol but yeah I share your sentiments. I stopped carrying about most of football ages ago, it lost its appeal 15-20 years ago. Besides Juventus, I couldnt force myself to sit down through 90 minutes of some other game. Id follow Juve in any league they would play though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not about taking a 'stand' or feeling 'proud'. It's a general concern on what could happen. There's nothing to feel proud about here. The super league concept got quashed as soon as the English teams backed out. It shouldn't come as a surprise if we end up facing sanctions. Agnelli and Perez are two deluded businessmen who are fighting a powerful political organization.
The last thing this club needs is more negative attention but continue feeling proud I guess.
Facing sanctions for what? Sanctioning clubs for trying to start a separate competition would violate antitrust laws. They can try but it would get tied up in the courts immediately and UEFA/FIGC would lose.

Also, Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus... is UEFA’s plan to alienate 25% of football fans around the world and make martyrs of these clubs, pushing their fans to support getting out from under UEFA more and more?

If UEFA wants to continue appearing to be “the good guys”, the best thing for them to do would be to say they understand the concerns of big clubs that led to the formation of the super league and they are willing to sit down at the table to discuss reforms that could help alleviate those concerns while maintaining the overall framework of European football as currently structured.

If they start trying to ban 3 of the biggest clubs in the world after the shenanigans they have let PSG and ManCity get away with, they’re very quickly going to lose all the goodwill they gained over this.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Those that signed binding agreements, well aware what they are getting into, then abandoning project when their inbred fans, fueled by media propaganda, started rioting. Sounds very proffessional and like they know what they are doing. Or organization that has HQ in Switzerland, country renowned for offering shelter to dubious enterprises, organization that has never made their financial records accessible to general public. That lacks transparency but wants every club to be transparent and to regulate them. Yeah, Im not placing my bet on them in the long term. Lets see how this developes. In any case we are in for entertaining summer ;)
My guess would be that some kind of agreement will be reached between the 3 remaining teams & UEFA in the end. Something that limits the damage for everyone involved as much as possible.
UEFA obviously doesn't want to ban 3 major teams. Hell, they probably don't even want to ban a single team.
And these 3 teams obviously don't want to be exluded from the CL either. Because, simply put, they have nowhere to go (for the time being). What are they going to do, set up a league of 3 teams?

However, in the unlikely event it does end up as an us against them situation, my money would be on "them".

- - - Updated - - -

on what ground exactly?
I don't know, but I'd say there's a pretty good chance they would find "valid" grounds if they really wanted to.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
My guess would be that some kind of agreement will be reached between the 3 remaining teams & UEFA in the end. Something that limits the damage for everyone involved as much as possible.
UEFA obviously doesn't want to ban 3 major teams. Hell, they probably don't even want to ban a single team.
And these 3 teams obviously don't want to be exluded from the CL either. Because, simply put, they have nowhere to go (for the time being). What are they going to do, set up a league of 3 teams?

However, in the unlikely event it does end up as an us against them situation, my money would be on "them".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, but I'd say there's a pretty good chance they would find "valid" grounds if they really wanted to.
Yup, if valid grounds ever counted for anything in Italy. Frankly, I hope they ban us so we can finally move to a less backward and primitive country.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

So if we fail to reach the CL the joke is on them? So this is why we hired Pirlo...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yup, if valid grounds ever counted for anything in Italy. Frankly, I hope they ban us so we can finally move to a less backward and primitive country.
One small issue would be that no other federation would welcome us though.
And even if we would find one that does, UEFA surely wouldn't allow it. :grin:

All this "us against the world" banter is fun, obviously. It's just not very practical in sports where you need other teams to compete against.
I mean, who or what exactly is stopping the 3 remaining teams to go ahead & set up their league anyway?
Screw all the rest & go for it. Stick to your guns! Fino alla fine!! (Just to be on the safe side, I'm not being serious with these last remarks. :grin:)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Facing sanctions for what? Sanctioning clubs for trying to start a separate competition would violate antitrust laws. They can try but it would get tied up in the courts immediately and UEFA/FIGC would lose.

Also, Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus... is UEFA’s plan to alienate 25% of football fans around the world and make martyrs of these clubs, pushing their fans to support getting out from under UEFA more and more?

If UEFA wants to continue appearing to be “the good guys”, the best thing for them to do would be to say they understand the concerns of big clubs that led to the formation of the super league and they are willing to sit down at the table to discuss reforms that could help alleviate those concerns while maintaining the overall framework of European football as currently structured.

If they start trying to ban 3 of the biggest clubs in the world after the shenanigans they have let PSG and ManCity get away with, they’re very quickly going to lose all the goodwill they gained over this.
I am not disagreeing with you here. I am not suggesting what should happen but what could or what will happen. Agnelli and Perez waging a war here sounds all nice and dandy but they are walking on a thin rope here. Ultimately it's the club and fans that are going to suffer. For one, I am not prepared to see this club's reputation dragged in the mud (again) or crippling ourselves financially with this debacle.
But by all means people can continue to feel 'proud'. Continue living in a utopian world. Whatever suits people.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I am not disagreeing with you here. I am not suggesting what should happen but what could or what will happen. Agnelli and Perez waging a war here sounds all nice and dandy but they are walking on a thin rope here. Ultimately it's the club and fans that are going to suffer. For one, I am not prepared to see this club's reputation dragged in the mud (again) or crippling ourselves financially with this debacle.
But by all means people can continue to feel 'proud'. Like whatever...
I agree, i think Juve are loser in that deal in almost every scenario.

If they get paid settlements by clubs that backed out and win against UEFA, football may potentially go bankrupt. UEFA will go ahead and ban us from CL for two years, then mass player exodus will happen

If they fail against UEFA then we'll still be banned and suffer the consequences

The only scenario in which we might benefit is if teams that backed out come back to TSL, but thats a pipe dream

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I agree, i think Juve are loser in that deal in almost every scenario.

If they get paid settlements by clubs that backed out and win against UEFA, football may potentially go bankrupt. UEFA will go ahead and ban us from CL for two years, then mass player exodus will happen

If they fail against UEFA then we'll still be banned and suffer the consequences

The only scenario in which we might benefit is if teams that backed out come back to TSL, but thats a pipe dream
Does not compute, they can't ban, also it's not Football that will go bankrupt, UEFA will.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Has anyone been following the Epic Games vs. Apple case? Quite an interesting story. Very similar to the ESL vs. UEFA one. Different context, the same clash of interests: revenue sharing between the platform holder (Apple / UEFA) and a content provider (Epic Games / ESL clubs).

When Epic Games declared a war against Apple most people laughed at them. Epic Games are not that big in terms of revenue ($5b vs. Apple's $275b), and Apple have incomparably bigger political influence and literally endless cash reserves (almost $200b).

But now, when the process is underway, it doesn't look that one-sided anymore, to put it mildly.

I believe, JJ / RM / Barca lawyers know what they do. Let's wait and see.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Lol but yeah I share your sentiments. I stopped carrying about most of football ages ago, it lost its appeal 15-20 years ago. Besides Juventus, I couldnt force myself to sit down through 90 minutes of some other game. Id follow Juve in any league they would play though.
Juve moved to Switzerland because Italy is a 3rd world shithole as far as the legal system is concernet, not because they wanted to hide smth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)