The Super League (8 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Mainly linked to COVID, the costs are certain but the revenues aren’t. In light of this

Marotta said it himself plus Perez and others said it too I think. It's actually one of the reasons.

Following is not what indicates a strong club. Arsenal, Tottenham, Inter and Milan were anything but elite and strong clubs over the past 5-6 years. If you're making an "elite competition" you shouldn't invite a club that has been 10th for 5 years for example. Not just that but you pat them on their back and say how they can't be relegated, but they get money no matter what happens so we can :gsol: help :gsol: football.

Also, let's take us as an example. Ronaldo, Ramsey, Rabiot, Bonucci, Sandro, Arthur and Bernardeschi don't deserve their wages. It has nothing to do with Covid or anything else, but it has to do with having horrible and incompetent management who allows this happen. Now you pay for your mistakes.
You invite them because they generate money and viewership. Arsenal inter is still more watched than Atalanta Leicester, because these clubs have huge fan bases. They also can attract star playera due to their pedigree and paying power. So its natural to invite clubs like that, even if they go through a slump, over some who have a short success span. The goal of this industry for those running it is making money after all.

What youre saying about wages i somewhat agree, but thats on the doofus running the transfermarkt. You can give a doofus more money, but that doesent mean he will still sign wrong players with it. Woodward being a prime example, or whoever runs barcelonas merceto. What youre saying is do better with the money you have, what these clubs wanted is increase the money they have. Those 2 arent either/or, you can be run better AND get the money you rightfully deserve

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There aren't many competitors on the highest level imo and FFP stops a lot of them from moving forward I guess.

Also, I find it kinda crazy how all this drama came out because of covid. It's not like only football has been hit with it. Yet nobody cried as much as these guys do at the moment. Don't they think vaccines are here to help? They'd like a permanent Super League to solve a temporary financial problem due to Covid.
They’d like a super league to deal with competitive and financial imbalances between leagues. Everyone but the sugar daddy teams like PSG will eventually get left behind by EPL if there aren’t Europe wide financial regulations put into effect to create some sort of financial balance between the leagues and top clubs. You can go on about this or that had transfer, etc, but that’s still the biggest issue and why competitive balance is out of whack in football.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We would end up spending as much as they do, no?

People always think what others do is easy, yet when they gotta it themselves they find excuses.

I firmly believe if we end up in a fucked up situation it's because we gave dozens of stupid contracts to players who don't deserve those wages or contract extension. It's what created a mess for us and not corona. Corona will pass if they believe into vaccines thing, but stupidity and incompetence surely won't.
It's not an excuse it's real. We cant operate in Italy like Bayern do in Germany. Thats just how it is, we have to deal with so much artificial obstacles and petty shit. The toxicity is there, no point denying it.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Manchester City CEO: "We have lost sight of the club's values with the Super League project"
Well, to be fair, they're being completely honest. Their project is built on corruption and dirty money laundering schemes, while the Super League required full financial transparency. Complete mismatch of values, kudos to them for being that open about it :tup:.

OP
Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #3,085
    It's not an excuse it's real. We cant operate in Italy like Bayern do in Germany. Thats just how it is, we have to deal with so much artificial obstacles and petty shit. The toxicity is there, no point denying it.
    We could do the opposite of Bayern. If we earn 80m in CHL dont spend it to Serie A teams spend it to foreign teams. Instead of buying from Atalanta and Sass buy frim Lille, Celta Vigo. Italian teams would be much worse than they are today. But at least they can play against us :lol:. We shouldnt not care about Serie A, ficg dont care about us.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    They’d like a super league to deal with competitive and financial imbalances between leagues.
    So the way they wanted to tackle imbalance was to give 2-3 teams from the league extra 300mln per year? It would create even bigger imbalance within a domestic league.

Everyone will eventually get left behind by EPL
    Yet they invited City, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal to empower them even more?

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
    So the way they wanted to tackle imbalance was to give 2-3 teams from the league extra 300mln per year? It would create even bigger imbalance within a domestic league.
    It actually wouldn't. EPL clubs pay other EPL clubs ridiculous sums of money for mediocre British players because there's too much money in the league. The same would happen in Italy. To the lesser extent in the first years, obviously, but it would have a steady cumulative effect. And even from the year one eventual receivers of lion share of those 300m / year would be smaller Italian teams, who'd get more money for their players. That would allow them to accumulate more money to upgrade their infrastructure, build modern arenas, attract even more young talents, etc. The entire league would get a huge boost from 3 clubs participating in ESL. Unfortunately, they're just too short-sighted to look farther than ends of their noses.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    It actually wouldn't. EPL clubs pay other EPL clubs ridiculous sums of money for mediocre British players because there's too much money in the league. The same would happen in Italy. To the lesser extent in the first years, obviously, but it would have a steady cumulative effect. And even from the year one eventual receivers of lion share of those 300m / year would be smaller Italian teams, who'd get more money for their players. That would allow them to accumulate more money to upgrade their infrastructure, build modern arenas, attract even more young talents, etc. The entire league would get a huge boost from 3 clubs participating in ESL. Unfortunately, they're just too short-sighted to look farther than ends of their noses.
    Nobody outside of Super League would be able to buy a player they are after.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
    A lot has happened over the past couple of days, and I am not going to write about if ESL is a good thing or not. However, one thing remains certain, ESL would certainly not solve the main pressing issue in today's football, that is sustainability.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    A lot has happened over the past couple of days, and I am not going to write about if ESL is a good thing or not. However, one thing remains certain, ESL would certainly not solve the main pressing issue in today's football, that is sustainability.
    It would 100% solve it for the SL founders.

Other clubs, I personally dont care about. And I dont know why I should tbh. Survival of the fittest.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
    Nobody outside of Super League would be able to buy a player they are after.
    I have to disagree. There are only so many players top club can sign, just because of the roster capacity reasons. The abundance of talents in the world of football is way bigger than all of those privileged clubs could find a place for. Everyone would benefit from having rich clubs in their leagues. And, again, when RM or Juventus buy some player for 100m, it's a smaller club that gets these 100m. They could completely change themselves using such money properly and step-by-step get closer to the elite.

As for competition in the leagues, in the last ~30 years, without any ESL, Serie A has been won by just 3 ESL clubs anyway, with only 3 exceptions. So, nothing would really change to the worse from this point of view either.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Agreed.

Fuck the players.

You get 10 million a year from a club?

You keep your mouth fucking shut and do as you're told. Sometimes that's what being a professional means. And for that kind of money, professionalism may be expected.

KDB's Instagram post was utterly ridiculous.

I read it and the only thought in my head was: fuck you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
    I wonder if KDB and others even discussed their PR/bandwagon posts at length with their social media dude/firm let alone write them themselves

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Interesting take since thats the very essence of SL, those 15 teams are guaranteed an income that covers their costs even in downturns in cases of end of cycle or events like covid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)