• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
that's why uefa is useless with their impotent ffp regulations

a salary cap could have helped much more than ffp. with that in effect, you can tell agents and players to fuck off with their wage demands.
That’s easier said than done when PSG, ManCity, ManU, etc don’t care what they pay :lol:
They have no choice if they want to stay competitive. You can't make money in a business in which your competitors are willing to lose.
There aren't many competitors on the highest level imo and FFP stops a lot of them from moving forward I guess.

Also, I find it kinda crazy how all this drama came out because of covid. It's not like only football has been hit with it. Yet nobody cried as much as these guys do at the moment. Don't they think vaccines are here to help? They'd like a permanent Super League to solve a temporary financial problem due to Covid.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So stop giving players 15-30mln per year :lol2:
So play Santon, Gagliardini, Pelle instead of Hakimi, Eriksen, Lukaku, is that what youre saying. If you want to compete with the best you need great players

- - - Updated - - -

stay competitive without paying 15-30 mln per year to top players.
Parma has no hope of competing with the Milanese cluba and us, its been like that for 20 years or more

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Salary cap is a must and transfer fee cap should be considered too given the oil clubs power
i wouldn't necessarily introduce a transfer fee cap. imagine city wanting a player from a club like cadiz, who can't milk the shit out of city because of the cap. i'd let the rich overpay for the special talents.

players and agents however... they earn way, way too much.

and that could potentially save the game, unlike some useless cl reform. i wonder how these bunch of overpaid hypocrites who wowed to "give back the game to the fans" yesterday ( :inter: ) would react to a salary and agent fee cap.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
i wouldn't necessarily introduce a transfer fee cap. imagine city wanting a player from a club like cadiz, who can't milk the shit out of city because of the cap. i'd let the rich overpay for the special talents.

players and agents however... they earn way, way too much.

and that would save the game. i wonder how these bunch of overpaid hypocrites who wowed to "give back the game to the fans" yesterday ( :inter: )would react to a salary and agent fee cap.
The problem with no transfer fee cap is it inflates price (inflation) and its not sustainable for the system to deal with these amounts unless you have unlimited resources. This diminishes the purchasing power too

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Who earns that other than Ronaldo in italy? Their budgets are still overloaded
With taxes, plenty.

Also, like I previously said, having a financial blow due to Covid which is a VIRUS doesn't give you right to make a self proclaimed competition that's CLOSED just so you could fix your financial problems. Covid would disappear in a year, two, or three. You think those clubs would say "okay, we're gonna disband this competition because covid disappeared, we don't have financial problems anymore"? Of course they wouldn't say that. They are making cheap excuses as they want to solve something temporary by something permanent. They should be trying to find a different solution whether that's capping salaries or something else, and not making a competition that allows only certain teams to get better and be "elite" just because they said they are elite. That's fucking nonsense.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The problem with no transfer fee cap is it inflates price (inflation) and its not sustainable for the system to deal with these amounts unless you have unlimited resources. This diminishes the purchasing power too
@s4tch Thinking it through, maybe not the best way to tackle inflation but FFP tried to do so and completely failed. Its better than FFP at least

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With taxes, plenty.

Also, like I previously said, having a financial blow due to Covid which is a VIRUS doesn't give you right to make a self proclaimed competition that's CLOSED just so you could fix your financial problems. Covid would disappear in a year, two, or three. You think those clubs would say "okay, we're gonna disband this competition because covid disappeared, we don't have financial problems anymore"? Of course they wouldn't say that. They are making cheap excuses as they want to solve something temporary by something permanent. They should be trying to find a different solution whether that's capping salaries or something else, and not making a competition that allows only certain teams to get better and be "elite" just because they said they are elite. That's fucking nonsense.
That wasnt the reason the competition was created

Clubs have not the power to do what you suggest. Unless ofcourse all clubs agree to that. You think Juve, Milan, inter making a aalary cap would solve anything? Their players would simply leave to England, Germany, France, Spain. Clubs arent united because they are run and financed differently, so changes like this can affect some more than the others. The ONLY thing they have in common is they all love money, which is why they came to agreement on a league that gives them the money they rightfully earned. For everything else you will always habe for and against

And btw, those clubs are the elite. In terms of following and ability to generate money through tv deals and sponsorships, other clubs cant compete. Those 12 and Bayern/PSG are a notch above the rest.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That wasnt the reason the competition was created

Clubs have not the power to do what you suggest. Unless ofcourse all clubs agree to that. You think Juve, Milan, inter making a aalary cap would solve anything? Their players would simply leave to England, Germany, France, Spain. Clubs arent united because they are run and financed differently, so changes like this can affect some more than the others. The ONLY thing they have in common is they all love money, which is why they came to agreement on a league that gives them the money they rightfully earned. For everything else you will always habe for and against

And btw, those clubs are the elite. In terms of following and ability to generate money through tv deals and sponsorships, other clubs cant compete. Those 12 and Bayern/PSG are a notch above the rest.
Mainly linked to COVID, the costs are certain but the revenues aren’t. In light of this

Marotta said it himself plus Perez and others said it too I think. It's actually one of the reasons.

Following is not what indicates a strong club. Arsenal, Tottenham, Inter and Milan were anything but elite and strong clubs over the past 5-6 years. If you're making an "elite competition" you shouldn't invite a club that has been 10th for 5 years for example. Not just that but you pat them on their back and say how they can't be relegated, but they get money no matter what happens so we can :gsol: help :gsol: football.

Also, let's take us as an example. Ronaldo, Ramsey, Rabiot, Bonucci, Sandro, Arthur and Bernardeschi don't deserve their wages. It has nothing to do with Covid or anything else, but it has to do with having horrible and incompetent management who allows this happen. Now you pay for your mistakes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well, I meant the other thing.
We would end up spending as much as they do, no?

People always think what others do is easy, yet when they gotta it themselves they find excuses.

I firmly believe if we end up in a fucked up situation it's because we gave dozens of stupid contracts to players who don't deserve those wages or contract extension. It's what created a mess for us and not corona. Corona will pass if they believe into vaccines thing, but stupidity and incompetence surely won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)