The Super League (8 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We would end up spending as much as they do, no?

People always think what others do is easy, yet when they gotta it themselves they find excuses.

I firmly believe if we end up in a fucked up situation it's because we gave dozens of stupid contracts to players who don't deserve those wages or contract extension. It's what created a mess for us and not corona. Corona will pass if they believe into vaccines thing, but stupidity and incompetence surely won't.
Wat on earth are you going on about. @Elvin is exclusively referring to the fact Bundesliga teams are almost all on friendly terms with Bayern and willing to sell them players without any hassle, often even below market value.

We don’t have that in our domestic league. Our rivals would rather drop dead than selling to us, and half the smaller clubs want to charge a premium to us.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, eventually everest might become a canyon but this wasn't the right time to go poking at this issue knowing there is virtually zero possibility...Now AA got a target on his back and so does the club. Good luck finding fair referees now.
They had to try. Failing is ok, not trying is tragic.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So the way they wanted to tackle imbalance was to give 2-3 teams from the league extra 300mln per year? It would create even bigger imbalance within a domestic league.

Yet they invited City, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal to empower them even more?
Jesus. Dude. Those have nothing to do with what you highlighted from my post. It would solve imbalances between top clubs from each league. Ya know, the clubs that are actually competing with each other in Europe. And of course they’d invite the top EPL sides, it wouldn’t empower them more, it’d be a league that leveled the playing field for clubs with leagues not as powerful as EPL.

Domestic League football is dead anyways. Hasn’t been competitive in two decades. The same teams win the leagues every single year. It should basically be scrapped for a multi-tiered European super league. Have several divisions, with promotion/relegation between them to keep you Euros happy, have a salary cap and floor, escalating by divison, revenue sharing, parachute payments for teams that relegated so they don’t get destroyed by it, and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, Perez is the man. I might hate him and Real, but I respect now for sure.
Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus, AC Milan. The 4 greatest giants of the game. Destroy FIGC and whatever Spanish federation is called and create a Spanish-Italian league. Take over the rest of the EU from there. :weee:

Last edited:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Crazy long, Perez interview is still going on, for those Spanish speakers it's here.

Some interesting stuff, but also loose information and you can tell his age is getting to him at 74. I mean he contradicts himself a few times, says noones left yet, but if they do they'll pay a fine.

OP
Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #3,128
    What pisses me off most are inter fans. Those fuckers were against ESL only because Agnelli was behind it. even thought their fucking club was benefiting from it. Most of arguments by people are lame. It’s like saying ”Champions League should be stopped because no one is watching Europa League and those teams have less money”.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
    They had to try. Failing is ok, not trying is tragic.
    There was/is no way that there was a chance for it to happen. At best it was a stunt to catch Uefa attention and strike some kind of balance in it's administration.
    Maybe that was accomplished after all and let's hope so, otherwise we will be on the worse end of things for some time.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    What pisses me off most are inter fans. Those fuckers were against ESL only because Agnelli was behind it. even thought their fucking club was benefiting from it. Most of arguments by people are lame. It’s like saying ”Champions League should be stopped because no one is watching Europa League and those teams have less money”.
    Re: toxic calcio environment.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    That’s not just Inter. It’s all of Italy. They rather pull down a man climbing a ladder than follow him upward.

OP
    Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #3,137
    That’s not just Inter. It’s all of Italy. They rather pull down a man climbing a ladder than follow him upward.
    Well Milan fans werent bad. Im talking from what I read on twitter and my friends. Inter and Milan clubs know their sitution and theyve been fucked by Uefa/fifa with FFP. They forced to sell players and when they got money from abroad they werent able to use them.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
    Some interesting stuff, but also loose information and you can tell his age is getting to him at 74. I mean he contradicts himself a few times, says noones left yet, but if they do they'll pay a fine.
    He's actually right. No club have left the ESL yet. All the statements from those clubs used very cautious wording, such as "we are starting the procedure of withdrawing from the process of..."

I won't be surprised if in a week we'll see the next set of official announcements from those very clubs, looking like this: "We are even more sorry this time, but we're happy to announce that we're proudly standing next to our partners from Real Madrid and Juventus in their fight against corrupt UEFA and that prick Ceferin. Also, we are dirty, dirty bitches. Our sincere apologies. #togetherFor3.5b"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)