the Sopranos (6 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
No not really. When you watch a movie, you watch, notice A movie. When you follow a series, you are bound to a time set by the TV station to be ableto view it. You are to follow it, you are to wait until it the next episode is aired or available.
So? People hardly ever care enough to actually stay at home for a series. It's not as if I wait for months for to see some episode.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
So? People hardly ever care enough to actually stay at home for a series. It's not as if I wait for months for to see some episode.
I am not a fan of TV and this what I think about it. Enough said!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
I am not a fan of TV and this what I think about it. Enough said!
I wasn't really talking about your particular preference here, but about your general opinion. You act as if people who do like TV are slaves to the machine, whereas most of us could easily let go of TV for months if more interesting things pop up.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
I wasn't really talking about your particular preference here, but about your general opinion. You act as if people who do like TV are slaves to the machine, whereas most of us could easily let go of TV for months if more interesting things pop up.
Well this is what I meant by how I see it, my opinion won't change about it.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Jeeks said:
Well this is what I meant by how I see it, my opinion won't change about it.
Too bad you've spent this past decade smoking weed then because with that opinion and foresight you could've created On-Demand TV. My guess is you'd have made enough money not to be posting on Internet forums. :p

Anyway, their loss is our gain...

For the record I don't agree with your argument. Waiting for a TV series to re-appear on a network is no different to wait for a music artist to release new material. Also you mention films when TV series include storylines and acting just as films do - some are even better than films. The material is longer in general and also the timed element of waiting for a next installment could add to the viewing experience (just as a sequel to a film).

Jeeks did you like the film 'American Beauty'? If so you should break your rule and watch the TV series 'Six Feet Under'. If not you or anyone else should watch it as it's probably the best TV show in the last decade. That also came from NBO who make The Sopranpos too bringing this discussion back on topic.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, I liked American Beauty. My woman watches Six feet Under. Once I decided to join her. I could watch only 10 minutes.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Jeeks said:
Yes, I liked American Beauty. My woman watches Six feet Under. Once I decided to join her. I could watch only 10 minutes.
Oh well...just that Alan Ball was the man behind both of those and Six Feet Under can in its lowest form be considered a TV version of that - I'd say the complete five series was probably better in having more depth given that it had approximately 30 times more minutes.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
The first series of Six Feet Under were great, but after that the standards dropped.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Episode three of the last series has just played here in the UK...how do the other Brits see it all finishing?...so many possibilities

...and no spoilers please from those who know what happens...ta

Max

Jul 15, 2003
what were you expecting ??
Something not as inconclusive as this was. It was ridiculous: too many questions were left unanswered, like this Carlo guy who has "flipped sides" and the trial for Phil Leotardo's death. And the fact that all of the sudden AJ's car blowing up fixed him? What is this shit?

David Chase, you blew year after year of hard work on one single episode.

hey was that tony's dad at the counter?
I think it was someone that Carlo guy sent in on Tony.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Something not as inconclusive as this was. It was ridiculous: too many questions were left unanswered, like this Carlo guy who has "flipped sides" and the trial for Phil Leotardo's death. And the fact that all of the sudden AJ's car blowing up fixed him? What is this shit?

David Chase, you blew year after year of hard work on one single episode.

I think it was someone that Carlo guy sent in on Tony.

what are you talkin about?? carlo flipped meaning he went to the feds, and AJ's turnaround is credited to the combustion in his pants not of is car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)