The NBA Thread (112 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lonzo will probably never be a superstar for his inability to create his own shot, but a legit allstar i can see, due to his all around game
Ya won’t be an all-star. Maybe he can have a season where he makes it but that’s it. Like I said, he has potential to be average.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lonzo is a bust, accept it Z.

ALC didn't mean Philly is small market. But word is Kawhi wants LA first and New York second because of huge market, better endorsement deals.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
A little too early to call him a bust, don't you think? Considering that he made all 2nd team rookie team, in a class that had Simmons, Mitchell, Kuzma, and Tatum on the first team? It's not as if there wasn't serious competition for the 1st team.

Let's not make him out to be G-League material, shall we?

- - - Updated - - -

2nd in assists among rookies
2nd in steals
4th in rebounds
3rd highest ranked point guard in defensive plus/minus in the league in the NBA
26th in the league in defensive win shares in the NBA
His 43 blocks in 52 games last year are the most in that span of time by a rookie since Vince Carter in 1999

He had trouble shooting and needs to get stronger. That can be fixed. But the things that he did well last season? You either have it or you don't. So while everyone harps on his shooting woes, and rightfully so, he does many other things that are obvious with the naked eye and that are not, that helps his team.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
A little too early to call him a bust, don't you think? Considering that he made all 2nd team rookie team, in a class that had Simmons, Mitchell, Kuzma, and Tatum on the first team? It's not as if there wasn't serious competition for the 1st team.

Let's not make him out to be G-League material, shall we?

- - - Updated - - -

2nd in assists
2nd in steals
4th in rebounds
3rd highest ranked point guard in defensive plus/minus in the league
26th in the league in defensive win shares
SERGIO, I HATE BERGEVIN

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
apparently, some reliable guy on twitter said there is ZERO! chances of Spurs trading Leonard to Lakers or any other western team. #fiuuuu

just stick with the original plan, trade Deng + picks somewhere, add James and George, and keep Ball, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma and Randle

i mean, i love Leonard, hes probably my favorite star currently in the NBA, but we cant compromise our amazing depth when there is zero reason to

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
apparently, some reliable guy on twitter said there is ZERO! chances of Spurs trading Leonard to Lakers or any other western team. #fiuuuu

just stick with the original plan, trade Deng + picks somewhere, add James and George, and keep Ball, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma and Randle

i mean, i love Leonard, hes probably my favorite star currently in the NBA, but we cant compromise our amazing depth when there is zero reason to
I'm still not sold on Lonzo. Obnoxious as fuck family. Super inconsistent shooter. Could turn into the next Rajon Rondo.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm still not sold on Lonzo. Obnoxious as fuck family. Super inconsistent shooter. Could turn into the next Rajon Rondo.
Expect that Rajon Rondo is a great player, at least in the playoffs. One of the smartest, if not the smartest player in the league. Lonzo would be lucky to reach Rondo's level.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i understand these concerns, Lavar is a big mouth but i dont mind him tbh. to me hes like that loud crazy chick in the bar, you know shes there and you hear what shes yelling, but you arent concerned with her all that much. unless you want to bang her, and i sure dont want to bang Lavar.

but his game i love, and about the shot im still not concerned yet, lets see if he can improve 1st. hes still a rookie after all.

overall, i love what he brings to the table, some things he seemingly does effortlessly cant be taught, which is gonna be valuable on a championship contender. also, hes never gonna be a big time scorer. he will shoot when hes open, he will drive when there is a driving lane, cuz thats what hes supposed to do in such situations, but he will never be the go to guy when you need buckets. still, that doesent mean he should stay the way he is. he needs to improve his shooting (every type, spot up 3s and 3s off the dribble, midrange off the dribble going both left and right off the screen, FTs....), he needs to be better/tougher when attacking the rim, and he needs improve his insecure handling or to protect it better when defenders are in his face (Lebron for example doesent have the best dribbling skills, but he knows how to protect himself against pressure with his off hand and unnoticed offensive fouls sometimes). once he does this, he will be able to play off the ball and as the primary ball handler, he will be able to create easy scoring opportunities for himself with his off ball moving and others with his great passing ability and vision. all on a low usage rate. add to this his great defense and elite rebounding, and thats value right there. thats the type of guy you need on competing teams with multiple high usage stars. Kuzma is similar in this as he as well is a low usage player, but he is a scorer not a passer. he will get you 20 you wont even notice he touched the ball 5 times. these guys are too valuable to me to get rid off for a Kawhi whos a free agent in 12 months.

luckily, the Spurs prevented us from doing something potentially stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 101)