The NBA Thread (106 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
so where is Lebron playing next season? because if he doesn't join a good team, we already know the outcome of next years season as well, Rockets and Celtics seem like the closest challengers to me with Raptors, Jazz and 76ers a bit behind imo, but for me GS is clearly above them if their stars don't decline rapidly.

Kawhi seems like he's moving as well, definitely someone who can have a big impact if healthy
:howler: The Craptors; the ultimate chokers and pussies personified. I also don't think The Jazz possess that surprise element anymore; they'll probably make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There will have to come a time where LeBron will not be the focal point of a team anymore, and will have to acquiesce to someone else.

But the mystery is when will he get to a point physically where that will happen? One would think it has to happen sooner or later, and then you see what he has done in these playoffs, and you are left wondering if he can indeed keep this up for several more years. That thought is looking to be more realistic by the day.

In my opinion, he will take the Shaq route and not the Kobe route.

You guys know what I mean

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There will have to come a time where LeBron will not be the focal point of a team anymore, and will have to acquiesce to someone else.

But the mystery is when will he get to a point physically where that will happen? One would think it has to happen sooner or later, and then you see what he has done in these playoffs, and you are left wondering if he can indeed keep this up for several more years. That thought is looking to be more realistic by the day.

In my opinion, he will take the Shaq route and not the Kobe route.

You guys know what I mean
:agree:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
:howler: The Craptors; the ultimate chokers and pussies personified. I also don't think The Jazz possess that surprise element anymore; they'll probably make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round.
So whats your power rank? Not fair to crap on my choices without providing alternatives :p Mitchell did have incredible playoffs for a rookie and Raptors did great in the regular season, thats why I included both

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The thing to dislike and question Lebron is not his ability, god given superiority. But his ego and selfishness, and I dont mean he is a selfish chucker, he is a top 5 assister, but EVERYTHING has to be about him in the organisation til becomes Lebron inc. He controls and manipulates the whole organisation (thats why he signs 2 year contracts, to have that staying power to leverage with), best player should have a lot of influence, especially GOAT level type, but in a professional organisation, the team goes first. But for Lebron, he HAS to control the coach/playstyle, players around etc. Thats why he fell out with Pat Riley in Miami, because they didnt want to let him have the kind of all knowing power he has in Cavs (he was even trying to control or manipulate the draft picks Miami would do), which would never be allowed in serious organisations like GSW, Spurs, Celtics etc. Thats why that euro coach Blatt was fired so quickly, because apparently Lebron has dictate how team plays, not the coach (and every player has to be spot up shooter around him). There is no place for another big star, because they have to live in Bron world 24/7, and as much of a overrated hack I found Kyrie often times, I completely understand him for wanting to get away from that (because every single play has to go through him, the sharing of the ball is done with him graciously assisting you, no plays drum up for other players, why Bosh warned Love after he signed, that you will be reduced to spot up shooter, a Love that used to score 27ppg with Wolves because his full range of arsenal had room to be used). He never wants to be patient enough to play with young players either, so your future with be short term, and he will only want you to sign his veteran buddies, to overcomplimentary contracts to compete asap etc.

So yeah, really good luck with trying to have a player, who is as insanely historical unicorn he is, will try to put himself above the team at EVERY turn. Even failing like this is to his benifite, Cavs couldnt even do anything more to improve THIS current team, to push for best possible outcome for playoffs by making stronger teams with the Nets high pick, because they couldnt afford to leverage away their future WITHOUT knowing if Lebron will stay or go. Since the pre-season, he has been leaving them hanging so they really have no idea how to go forward for the future due to that.
:tup:

Didn't Kyrie say he decided to go because he was made aware that they wanted to trade him? He never struck me as a person who wouldn't be able or willing to leave in somebody else's shadow (especially if that's Lebron). I always felt Lebron didn't want him there anymore.

Read yesterday that Jordan Clarkson's last assist was in the 4th quarter of the game 4 against Toronto. He's scored ~40 points and 0 assists ever since :sergio:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:tup:

Didn't Kyrie say he decided to go because he was made aware that they wanted to trade him? He never struck me as a person who wouldn't be able or willing to leave in somebody else's shadow (especially if that's Lebron). I always felt Lebron didn't want him there anymore.

Read yesterday that Jordan Clarkson's last assist was in the 4th quarter of the game 4 against Toronto. He's scored ~40 points and 0 assists ever since :sergio:
What made you think so? I didn't follow much up on the Kyrie Lebron thing but from what I read it was Kyrie's decision or at least they made it look like his decision.

If Lebron was behind Kyrie leaving that would be dumb more than being selfish, I mean why would you want Kyrie out when you've won a ring with him and the chemistry was pretty damn well on court and when also there wasn't a real Kyrie replacement?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So whats your power rank? Not fair to crap on my choices without providing alternatives :p Mitchell did have incredible playoffs for a rookie and Raptors did great in the regular season, thats why I included both
In the West, I'm going to go with Golden State, Houston, and New Orleans, provided these teams keep their key players. I also wouldn't discount the Grizzlies with Conley coming back; they're always dangerous and tough, so they're my surprise pick. The Lakers could also be a threat if Lebron decides to join them. Kawhi's decision will also have a huge impact on the balance of power in the West. The Spurs are still a 45-50 win organization, and with Popp there and his system, you can never rule them out.

In the East, it's going to be a battle between the Celtics and Sixers for the next decade or so, provided they can keep their core intact. The Raptors are a great regular season team, but a horrible playoff choice; they freeze and Lowry and Derozan, all-stars on their day, play like role players instead. Obviously Lebron moving to the West might finally help Toronto get over the hump, but I doubt it. The Bucks are my surprise pick in the East, along with a burgeoning Indiana side.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And this neglects entirely the formative years Lebron spent in the NBA with very little power to influence who was brought in or out of Cleveland. He was playing with scrubs. His organization picked Desagna Diop and Dajuan Wagner with the number 8 and number 6 picks in the two previous drafts. They traded Brendan Haywood before he showed up for Michael Doleac and allowed Carlos Boozer to leave as free agent after his first season. In his 4th season he took Ilgauskas, Hughes, Gooden, Boobie Gibson, Pavlovic, etc to the finals. One of the worst teams to ever step foot on the court in a finals series and rightly so, they were swept. The Cavs management rewarded Lebron by surrounding him with more scrubs like Delonte and Mo, and signing washed up old players like Ben Wallace, Wally, Jamison, a washed up Shaq.

Lebron went full retard with the decision, and then got absolutely lambasted for creating a team of superstars, by old-timers acting like teams in the past never had 3 superstars which is just :lol:

He didn't grow into the league playing with stars like Kobe with Shaq, Wade with Shaq, Magic with Kareem, Tim Duncan with The Admiral, Larry Bird with those Celtics teams of HoFers. Or even young future stars like Curry getting to grow with Klay Thompson and Draymond, Durant getting to grow with Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden, etc etc. His management in Cleveland failed to provide with a single top player to play with in 7 years in the league. Their incompetence was almost overwhelming. Add to that, Lebron on any team in the league meant finishing top 5 in standings so no good draft picks were coming, and they made garbage draft picks before him aside from Boozer and Haywood who would have made up a fantastic young frontcourt with Lebron if those incompetent morons hadn't let them both leave for nothing. Jordan dealt with similar early on but his management came through in the end. The Cavs management never found a Pippin for him, or a Horace Grant, or a Rodman.

Looking at it from this light you realize why his formative years shaped him into this obsessive control freak micromanaging everything about the team's he played on. Is it the right choice? No. It's severely hampered his ability to win championships. I think spending 7 years with Cleveland playing a 1-man wrecking crew style of basketball damaged Bron as a player. Maybe made him into the most impressive all-around player to ever play the game, but definitely made him very difficult to fit into any sort of winning team style.
exactly, so you just wasted your precious time for the heck of it? :p

if you tell your management to not do something stupid, like give Harrison Barnes a 75M over 5 years(?) deal, because you just convinced KD to join you, then by all means do it. if you however give guys like Smith or TT those ridiculous long term deals, or get a coach fired because you want to dribble the ball for 15/24 seconds before shooting/passing it, then youre better off keeping your mouth shut. i hope we wont take any of that shit when hes on the Lakers next season, cuz otherwise were stuck with another long rebuild once hes gone.

And then you see the ridiculous flak about forming superteams, teams mind you, that were mediocre or garbage teams before he joined them. Bosh and Lebron joined a low playoff seed Miami with Wade. Love and Lebron joined an awful Kyrie led Cavs. This isn't MVP Durant joining the one year removed NBA Champions, fresh off the all-time winningest season. And yet somehow after a few months Durant made a good decision and it makes sense to join the Dubs, while Lebron is still being blasted for teaming up with superstars several years later. Imagine Lebron had joined the Warriors if the Cavs lost that finals. He'd be ridiculed for the rest of his career.

Anyways, the dude is a unicorn, and got drafted into an absurdly incompetent franchise that shaped him into probably one of the most difficult all-time greats to build a team around ever, as well as the most scrutinized and criticized player in league history.
what these teams were before Lebron is not really relevant. Heat emptied their entire roster to pair 2 of the top3 players in the league, and another top5 player at his position, which makes their previous seasons record irrelevant (only Wade and Haslem stayed i think). all in their primes, all taking paycuts so the Heat can add veteran pieces. then Lebron has the arrogance to famously predict XX championships (how many was it again? dont remember but pretty sure its more than 2), so all the heat was on that team from the very beginning. Cavs were a 33 win team before he came, but they were tanking all 4 years, so their record doesent tell much. for example, we are his likely next team, and i dont think we are terrible (we won somewhere between 30 and 40 this year as well), because we acquired some great pieces in this rebuild. Cavs had 3 no.1 picks and 2 no.4 picks in just 4 drafts. they had Kyrie, Waiters, Wiggins, TT and cap space, so they set themselves into a great position to sign a top free agent and become competitive again. you notice how his 2nd big 3 didnt draw nearly as much attention and hate as the 1st? thats because he wasnt teaming up with a soon to be top 10 player in the league in Kyrie, but returning home to win a championship, and he wasnt coming with another top player, but the Cavs rather traded their new hot no.1 pick in the draft for that other top player after Lebron already was there. so while he basically did the same thing twice (form a big3), the way he, the organizations and everyone else handled it, made these 2 situations perceived completely differently from the public.

KD is a beta, he proved so with those ridiculous twitter accounts defending himself. Lebron used to be a beta too, but he grew out of it. lets see if KD does the same

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
In the West, I'm going to go with Golden State, Houston, and New Orleans, provided these teams keep their key players. I also wouldn't discount the Grizzlies with Conley coming back; they're always dangerous and tough, so they're my surprise pick. The Lakers could also be a threat if Lebron decides to join them. Kawhi's decision will also have a huge impact on the balance of power in the West. The Spurs are still a 45-50 win organization, and with Popp there and his system, you can never rule them out.

In the East, it's going to be a battle between the Celtics and Sixers for the next decade or so, provided they can keep their core intact. The Raptors are a great regular season team, but a horrible playoff choice; they freeze and Lowry and Derozan, all-stars on their day, play like role players instead. Obviously Lebron moving to the West might finally help Toronto get over the hump, but I doubt it. The Bucks are my surprise pick in the East, along with a burgeoning Indiana side.
New Orleans are not keeping all their players, Cousins is leaving. And a lot of teams can go from average to good or even very good if Lebron/Kawhi joins them, that's not fair :D However you look at it, Jazz with the crazy Mitchell are one of the most dangerous teams in West until we know more, to me they're one of the teams that will only get stronger in the summer.

As for the east, I don't see how you can leave out regular season winners Raptors out and include Bucks and Indiana. Lebron didn't destroy just Raptors, he destroyed all of East :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm rewatching his dagger of ice cold deep 3 he made at end. I mean wtf, how casual does he make something that difficult look?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
exactly like last year as well :lol: just this time, it wasnt straight in Lebrons face

looks like hes getting away with the FMVP again, after Curry decided to rebuild the Q arena with all those bricks

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Durant FMVP again. deserved

- - - Updated - - -

Steph Curry :delpiero:

And those Cavs. :lol:

Almost as bad as the 2007 Cavs that played in the finals.

Outside Lebron the team shot 102/274 in the series. A scintillating 37% :lol:
not at all. and while they shot poorly, they had 67 offensive rebounds to Warriors 27. thats 40! extra possessions. credit where its due, they competed until the end

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah this is way more talented then the 2007 Cavs, come on.

I know Game of zones isnt new to you guys, but this final episode is amazing :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 92)