The NBA Thread (40 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah I edited my post before you replied, I saw multiple replays on nba tv studio and defenite blocking foul for me and not charge.

And yeah ofcourse Green functions in offense simply due to knowing the system, but he still does his role well, he is very limited offensively, but he is a decent ball handler and good passer. Thats more then enough in their system, he is poor shooter and has little post game to name, but alright driver and passes to shooters well, doesnt need much more. Especially when his defending is so elite and he is the motor of the team.

Btw, do we take Curry for granted or what? He was so amazing driving his team forward, but he barely gets any mention.
i mentioned him :p

said he was Warriors MVP for this game (as he was for the last 3 of theri wins vs Rockets). if Warriors win, and they dont give Lebron the finals MVP, then hes their frontrunner currently. KD struggles for a while now, not just this game, its not the same unstoppable aura he had last playoff run

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I was disappointed when KD defected like a pussy two summers ago; beanpole ingrate personified.

I just can't stomach a Lebron win; it's not his fault really. I blame the media. The guy is probably top 5 of all time, and you can't question his longevity, drive, and accomplishments. A true beast and a professional to boot.
That's exactly what LeBron's haters did to me. I was never a fan of his, hated Miami, hated when he ridiculed Dirk of all people, though Lebron has definitely matured a lot ever since. I'm a big Spurs fan and am also following Sixers in the past few years so for me as a neutral, it's ridiculous that there are people who STILL question this guy and his talent. There are even nutjobs who think the nba is rigged and everything is only a part of the scenario to create another Jordan out of Lebron. To me people who think Lebron is the goat are more respectable than those I just described.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That's exactly what LeBron's haters did to me. I was never a fan of his, hated Miami, hated when he ridiculed Dirk of all people, though Lebron has definitely matured a lot ever since. I'm a big Spurs fan and am also following Sixers in the past few years so for me as a neutral, it's ridiculous that there are people who STILL question this guy and his talent. There are even nutjobs who think the nba is rigged and everything is only a part of the scenario to create another Jordan out of Lebron. To me people who think Lebron is the goat are more respectable than those I just described.
:agree:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Spare a thought for a poor Magic fan here; I've been waiting for us to win our first championship since forever :D

Being a Spurs fan, you've been able to experience and enjoy a "modicum of success" :p

New Lebron is difficult to dislike in all honesty; he's very proper and professional. I never like The Heat, obviously, and that team's attitude was deplorable at times.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
so where is Lebron playing next season? because if he doesn't join a good team, we already know the outcome of next years season as well, Rockets and Celtics seem like the closest challengers to me with Raptors, Jazz and 76ers a bit behind imo, but for me GS is clearly above them if their stars don't decline rapidly.

Kawhi seems like he's moving as well, definitely someone who can have a big impact if healthy

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Some NBA fans are even worse than Barca-Real Arab fans. That said, it's pretty stupid to question Lebron's talent and the things this man does on court are not ordinary, just not normal. I was rooting for GSW for the past couple of years but this season and specially after Game 1 I'd like to see Cavs win it (impossible I know) but at least win their home games.

The only thing I disagree with Jame's fans is comparing him to MJ, the gap isn't big but Jordan is just on different level than any athlete IMO let alone Basketball. I honestly believe Jordan would most probably kill these warriors psychologically before the game is even on. His mindset is scary!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Some NBA fans are even worse than Barca-Real Arab fans. That said, it's pretty stupid to question Lebron's talent and the things this man does on court are not ordinary, just not normal. I was rooting for GSW for the past couple of years but this season and specially after Game 1 I'd like to see Cavs win it (impossible I know) but at least win their home games.

The only thing I disagree with Jame's fans is comparing him to MJ, the gap isn't big but Jordan is just on different level than any athlete IMO let alone Basketball. I honestly believe Jordan would most probably kill these warriors psychologically before the game is even on. His mindset is scary!
The thing to dislike and question Lebron is not his ability, god given superiority. But his ego and selfishness, and I dont mean he is a selfish chucker, he is a top 5 assister, but EVERYTHING has to be about him in the organisation til becomes Lebron inc. He controls and manipulates the whole organisation (thats why he signs 2 year contracts, to have that staying power to leverage with), best player should have a lot of influence, especially GOAT level type, but in a professional organisation, the team goes first. But for Lebron, he HAS to control the coach/playstyle, players around etc. Thats why he fell out with Pat Riley in Miami, because they didnt want to let him have the kind of all knowing power he has in Cavs (he was even trying to control or manipulate the draft picks Miami would do), which would never be allowed in serious organisations like GSW, Spurs, Celtics etc. Thats why that euro coach Blatt was fired so quickly, because apparently Lebron has dictate how team plays, not the coach (and every player has to be spot up shooter around him). There is no place for another big star, because they have to live in Bron world 24/7, and as much of a overrated hack I found Kyrie often times, I completely understand him for wanting to get away from that (because every single play has to go through him, the sharing of the ball is done with him graciously assisting you, no plays drum up for other players, why Bosh warned Love after he signed, that you will be reduced to spot up shooter, a Love that used to score 27ppg with Wolves because his full range of arsenal had room to be used). He never wants to be patient enough to play with young players either, so your future with be short term, and he will only want you to sign his veteran buddies, to overcomplimentary contracts to compete asap etc.

So yeah, really good luck with trying to have a player, who is as insanely historical unicorn he is, will try to put himself above the team at EVERY turn. Even failing like this is to his benifite, Cavs couldnt even do anything more to improve THIS current team, to push for best possible outcome for playoffs by making stronger teams with the Nets high pick, because they couldnt afford to leverage away their future WITHOUT knowing if Lebron will stay or go. Since the pre-season, he has been leaving them hanging so they really have no idea how to go forward for the future due to that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The thing to dislike and question Lebron is not his ability, god given superiority. But his ego and selfishness, and I dont mean he is a selfish chucker, he is a top 5 assister, but EVERYTHING has to be about him in the organisation til becomes Lebron inc. He controls and manipulates the whole organisation (thats why he signs 2 year contracts, to have that staying power to leverage with), best player should have a lot of influence, especially GOAT level type, but in a professional organisation, the team goes first. But for Lebron, he HAS to control the coach/playstyle, players around etc. Thats why he fell out with Pat Riley in Miami, because they didnt want to let him have the kind of all knowing power he has in Cavs (he was even trying to control or manipulate the draft picks Miami would do), which would never be allowed in serious organisations like GSW, Spurs, Celtics etc. Thats why that euro coach Blatt was fired so quickly, because apparently Lebron has dictate how team plays, not the coach (and every player has to be spot up shooter around him). There is no place for another big star, because they have to live in Bron world 24/7, and as much of a overrated hack I found Kyrie often times, I completely understand him for wanting to get away from that (because every single play has to go through him, the sharing of the ball is done with him graciously assisting you, no plays drum up for other players, why Bosh warned Love after he signed, that you will be reduced to spot up shooter, a Love that used to score 27ppg with Wolves because his full range of arsenal had room to be used). He never wants to be patient enough to play with young players either, so your future with be short term, and he will only want you to sign his veteran buddies, to overcomplimentary contracts to compete asap etc.

So yeah, really good luck with trying to have a player, who is as insanely historical unicorn he is, will try to put himself above the team at EVERY turn. Even failing like this is to his benifite, Cavs couldnt even do anything more to improve THIS current team, to push for best possible outcome for playoffs by making stronger teams with the Nets high pick, because they couldnt afford to leverage away their future WITHOUT knowing if Lebron will stay or go. Since the pre-season, he has been leaving them hanging so they really have no idea how to go forward for the future due to that.
Wow, I didn't know most of the stuff you just said, I knew his rift with Pat and Kyrie leaving because he didn't want to be in Lebron's shadow. I guess somehow and specially in the NBA when you are regarded as one of the best in the game then you'll want more and build a team accordingly to your like or view. MJ and Kobe had some sort of control but not to that extent from what I read now.

Btw, Wade leaving Cavs was his own decision or Cavs?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Wow, I didn't know most of the stuff you just said, I knew his rift with Pat and Kyrie leaving because he didn't want to be in Lebron's shadow. I guess somehow and specially in the NBA when you are regarded as one of the best in the game then you'll want more and build a team accordingly to your like or view. MJ and Kobe had some sort of control but not to that extent from what I read now.

Btw, Wade leaving Cavs was his own decision or Cavs?
I think that was mutual.

But yeah, most of Cleveland's trades and free agent acquisitions are approved by LeBron. Which means he's a pretty bad GM for thinking guys like JR Smith and Rodney Hood are going to elevate your squad.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

And this neglects entirely the formative years Lebron spent in the NBA with very little power to influence who was brought in or out of Cleveland. He was playing with scrubs. His organization picked Desagna Diop and Dajuan Wagner with the number 8 and number 6 picks in the two previous drafts. They traded Brendan Haywood before he showed up for Michael Doleac and allowed Carlos Boozer to leave as free agent after his first season. In his 4th season he took Ilgauskas, Hughes, Gooden, Boobie Gibson, Pavlovic, etc to the finals. One of the worst teams to ever step foot on the court in a finals series and rightly so, they were swept. The Cavs management rewarded Lebron by surrounding him with more scrubs like Delonte and Mo, and signing washed up old players like Ben Wallace, Wally, Jamison, a washed up Shaq.

Lebron went full retard with the decision, and then got absolutely lambasted for creating a team of superstars, by old-timers acting like teams in the past never had 3 superstars which is just :lol:

He didn't grow into the league playing with stars like Kobe with Shaq, Wade with Shaq, Magic with Kareem, Tim Duncan with The Admiral, Larry Bird with those Celtics teams of HoFers. Or even young future stars like Curry getting to grow with Klay Thompson and Draymond, Durant getting to grow with Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden, etc etc. His management in Cleveland failed to provide with a single top player to play with in 7 years in the league. Their incompetence was almost overwhelming. Add to that, Lebron on any team in the league meant finishing top 5 in standings so no good draft picks were coming, and they made garbage draft picks before him aside from Boozer and Haywood who would have made up a fantastic young frontcourt with Lebron if those incompetent morons hadn't let them both leave for nothing. Jordan dealt with similar early on but his management came through in the end. The Cavs management never found a Pippin for him, or a Horace Grant, or a Rodman.

Looking at it from this light you realize why his formative years shaped him into this obsessive control freak micromanaging everything about the team's he played on. Is it the right choice? No. It's severely hampered his ability to win championships. I think spending 7 years with Cleveland playing a 1-man wrecking crew style of basketball damaged Bron as a player. Maybe made him into the most impressive all-around player to ever play the game, but definitely made him very difficult to fit into any sort of winning team style.

And then you see the ridiculous flak about forming superteams, teams mind you, that were mediocre or garbage teams before he joined them. Bosh and Lebron joined a low playoff seed Miami with Wade. Love and Lebron joined an awful Kyrie led Cavs. This isn't MVP Durant joining the one year removed NBA Champions, fresh off the all-time winningest season. And yet somehow after a few months Durant made a good decision and it makes sense to join the Dubs, while Lebron is still being blasted for teaming up with superstars several years later. Imagine Lebron had joined the Warriors if the Cavs lost that finals. He'd be ridiculed for the rest of his career.

Anyways, the dude is a unicorn, and got drafted into an absurdly incompetent franchise that shaped him into probably one of the most difficult all-time greats to build a team around ever, as well as the most scrutinized and criticized player in league history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 35)