The NBA Thread (77 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
As an aside the Warriors are the most disgusting team in the league by far. Showboating, gloating, taunting, and celebrating like that in OT. 73 win team adds a top 2/3 player in the league in Kevin Durant, and they act like this after relying on a JR Smith howler to win at home in OT. :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

Just bizarre. Nightmare scenario there.

I just remembered another one from college basketball back in the early 90s.
@zizinho @King of Kings @Osman

Y'all remember the Chris Weber "timeout" in the National Championship game against North Carolina, down 73-71 with 11 seconds left, bringing the ball forward to go for the tie (or win with a 3), and he calls a timeout when Michigan has none left, which is a technical foul, clinches the championship for North Carolina.

Well, JR Smith just managed to top that.

- - - Updated - - -

And at the refs overturning the charge on KD and calling that a blocking foul late in the 4th.
The refs got a lot wrong tonight, that blocking foul was just the icing on the cake.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
James wins it if he keeps playing like this and manages to steal a game or two. He even upped his defensive game, helped hold Durant to 8-22 shooting.

I can honestly see a sweep now though, and in that case he probably can't win it, regardless of what he does. The Cavs, including James, looked utterly demoralized and shellshocked in OT. It would have been one thing if they had missed a last second shot to win, but to have it go down like that, after a game like that. Can't even imagine. :rofl:

I could see this happening in a regular season game, doesn't mean too much, ya know. But in the NBA finals, this has to be the most unbelievable brainfart ever. :rofl:
they were fighting like madmen on defense in the regular time, run out of gas in OT. not even Lebron with his unlimited stamina could keep up anymore. and yes Durant was crap. they did play some great defense on him, Love (very good 2 way game from him), Green, James and even Hill managed to slow him down. he also missed some 3s he usually makes. Curry was their MVP this game clearly, so if Warriors win, and they want to give the finals MVP to a winning player, he has the edge at the moment. when is Iguodala returning btw?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
never watched NCAA up until 2007/2008 i think, so dont remember that :D

- - - Updated - - -

Green is the worst, plays like crap yet screams, celebrates, dances like he has a 40 game triple double. if it wasnt for his defense, he would be playing in China or something :inter:
You should watch that Weber timeout sequence. It literally blew people's minds. Lol

Yep. I despise Green. Disgusting individual. I like Steph and Klay until they start the stupid shit like the entire team got in during OT.

I think Iggy is likely back for next game.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You should watch that Weber timeout sequence. It literally blew people's minds. Lol

Yep. I despise Green. Disgusting individual. I like Steph and Klay until they start the stupid shit like the entire team got in during OT.

I think Iggy is likely back for next game.
i hate Steph when he goes on a scoring streak and starts doing his stupid dances. just stop acting like a moron and play damn it. but atleast he has something to show off for those moronic sequences, unlike Green. i kept saying to my brother, just let Green act like a point guard and let him take his 3s, when they did that (and Durant kept bricking), they were the better team out there

- - - Updated - - -

googling Weber right now :p

- - - Updated - - -

fuck :lol:

poor CWebb, never won anything in his life, and its his own fault too :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm hoping this goes 6, as a buddy of mine is flying in on the 14th (game 6 is on the morning of the 15th here) and he's a huge Warriors fan. It'd be awesome to get wasted early morning while watching the Warriors defend their title and tasting @Post Ironic's salty tears :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i hate Steph when he goes on a scoring streak and starts doing his stupid dances. just stop acting like a moron and play damn it. but atleast he has something to show off for those moronic sequences, unlike Green. i kept saying to my brother, just let Green act like a point guard and let him take his 3s, when they did that (and Durant kept bricking), they were the better team out there

- - - Updated - - -

googling Weber right now :p

- - - Updated - - -

fuck :lol:

poor CWebb, never won anything in his life, and its his own fault too :lol:
Epic, right. And to top it all off Michigan got found paying players to play and had all their wins from that era vacated :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping this goes 6, as a buddy of mine is flying in on the 14th (game 6 is on the morning of the 15th here) and he's a huge Warriors fan. It'd be awesome to get wasted early morning while watching the Warriors defend their title and tasting @Post Ironic's salty tears :p
Nah. No tears. Dislike both teams. Just dislike the Dubs and KD's pathetic jumping on the bandwagon far more.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Epic, right. And to top it all off Michigan got found paying players to play and had all their wins from that era vacated :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. No tears. Dislike both teams. Just dislike the Dubs and KD's pathetic jumping on the bandwagon far more.
I was disappointed when KD defected like a pussy two summers ago; beanpole ingrate personified.

I just can't stomach a Lebron win; it's not his fault really. I blame the media. The guy is probably top 5 of all time, and you can't question his longevity, drive, and accomplishments. A true beast and a professional to boot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was disappointed when KD defected like a pussy two summers ago; beanpole ingrate personified.

I just can't stomach a Lebron win; it's not his fault really. I blame the media. The guy is probably top 5 of all time, and you can't question his longevity, drive, and accomplishments. A true beast and a professional to boot.
Yeah. Agree with all this. I said before I don't really want Lebron winning more championships, but then I see him perform like this and against the Celtics in game 6 and 7, and I kind of feel bad for the guy. Busting his ass for 40+ minutes each night just to give this mediocre team a chance. The decision was idiotic and made me dislike him for a while, but leaving Cleveland and the scrubs he played with back then was the easiest choice to make ever, and now to be back in that position again, feel bad for the guy, and at the same time kind amused.

We also get to watch a Lebron we might not see as often on a better team. This playoff run by him has been pretty damn impressive to watch.

I just can't cheer for the Dubs either. Really don't like the constant showboating of that superteam.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

what if KD wants a "new challenge" after this season and teams up with Lebron in LA :mute:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That would be sorta disgusting... But if they won championships for the Lakers, I wouldn't complain. :snoop:

Gimme Kawhi and Paul George instead.
Aren't they pretty good friends as well? Could see them team up one day...

My favorite picks for this team would be AD, Giannis, Kawhi, Klay in that order. The later two would be even realistic and fit in well, but we would have to wait for 2019 free agency, which this management won't do probably. Still think it's Lebron and George this summer

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
never watched NCAA up until 2007/2008 i think, so dont remember that :D

- - - Updated - - -

Green is the worst, plays like crap yet screams, celebrates, dances like he has a 40 game triple double. if it wasnt for his defense, he would be playing in China or something :inter:
I LOVE GREEN's antics :lol: The guy is an absolute ass, love watching him play because of that, he was SHIMMY DANCING while James was taking free throws ffs :rofl: How can you not like that? Pure entertainment.

And dont sell Draymond short, how many plays did he have tonight where he had defensive stop then made well spotted assist in other end? Yeah he gonna jawn like he is MJ no matter what, but he is a big team player for them. Plus if he is making 3 3pt shots on you, then you done lol.

Plus I just like Curry and Klay and wish them all success, so defenitely fine with them winning, its not their fault James plays with retarded dumbasses like JR :lol: Also the rest, what are they doing? They did not use the small man switches at all, plus they kept missing the open 3s James gave them.

I may be minority here, but I love Warriors type of ball, dont care about them taunting (psychological warfare lol), its a competition, they back it up, plus I prefer them over Rockets and Cavs who are tards for me. I only want to see Warriors lose against Celtics or Philly when they become good enough to get there, that will be insane match ups. Tho imo both teams will need a big FA/trade signing for that to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

JR Smith :lol:

Stupid fuck
And as amazing as James is, its his fault dumbasses like JR and Tristan are holding back Cavs to limited future, because he lobbied for this hacks to have big money they can never justify.

- - - Updated - - -

icemaη;5755292 said:
The refs got a lot wrong tonight, that blocking foul was just the icing on the cake.
The blocking foul was correct tho, James was sliding, not just moving a little, but sliding.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
In this case for me is easy. Warriors have the best team, the ref help them all night long, Cavs is mediocre as hell and still james find a way to make them suffer and GSW are such a pussies that start to make fun of him

Be real, u are beating me with my hands tied in my back and u r gonna be yelling what a man u r for knocking me out??? As I said, such a pussies...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah. Agree with all this. I said before I don't really want Lebron winning more championships, but then I see him perform like this and against the Celtics in game 6 and 7, and I kind of feel bad for the guy. Busting his ass for 40+ minutes each night just to give this mediocre team a chance.
But its clearly his own fault tho, its his ego that MAKES it so you have to have whole organisation be about him. He NEVER wants to play with young talents, nor a team ball offense that doesnt revolve around him, and the average hacks next to him besides Love, are there because he lobbied for them to get those contracts. No organisation can have longevity, young stars or a selfless team ball offense like Warriors, with him as the lead guy. He is the best at all, and is great playmaker, but nothing is but everything going through him is acceptable.

As much of a beta Durant is in making the move he did, the sacrifice he did for his ego and amount of possessions he gets, tells you he puts team over himself (and success too). Because in OKC, he litterally could have the ball til he scored 40-50 pts at will, and be scoring champ whenever he wanted. He cant at GSW and more of have to be key part of the process, instead of be it all about him.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be sorta disgusting... But if they won championships for the Lakers, I wouldn't complain. :snoop:

Gimme Kawhi and Paul George instead.
Paul George over either of them? Man he is HALF the player either of those are. I wouldnt even choose PG over Klay right now with how he played in this playoff.

- - - Updated - - -

JR Smith counting:

- - - Updated - - -

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I LOVE GREEN's antics :lol: The guy is an absolute ass, love watching him play because of that, he was SHIMMY DANCING while James was taking free throws ffs :rofl: How can you not like that? Pure entertainment.

And dont sell Draymond short, how many plays did he have tonight where he had defensive stop then made well spotted assist in other end? Yeah he gonna jawn like he is MJ no matter what, but he is a big team player for them. Plus if he is making 3 3pt shots on you, then you done lol.

Plus I just like Curry and Klay and wish them all success, so defenitely fine with them winning, its not their fault James plays with retarded dumbasses like JR :lol: Also the rest, what are they doing? They did not use the small man switches at all, plus they kept missing the open 3s James gave them.

I may be minority here, but I love Warriors type of ball, dont care about them taunting (psychological warfare lol), its a competition, they back it up, plus I prefer them over Rockets and Cavs who are tards for me. I only want to see Warriors lose against Celtics or Philly when they become good enough to get there, that will be insane match ups. Tho imo both teams will need a big FA/trade signing for that to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

And as amazing as James is, its his fault dumbasses like JR and Tristan are holding back Cavs to limited future, because he lobbied for this hacks to have big money they can never justify.

- - - Updated - - -

The blocking foul was a joke tho, as Van Gundy was saying, it doesnt matter James is leaving, its a legal move.
yes, i said if it wasnt for his defense tho. what he does on offense is basic stuff, most (wont say all) of his assists are just passes that precede a shot, not true assists where he creates open looks. basically hes been there long enough to know the system perfectly well, and just moves the ball within in

also for the record, that was a blocking foul on James imo. he moves his foot as well as his shoulder into Durant, ive seen it being called before. one ref even called it instantly. whats questionable is, how much do they need to be sure of a call being wrong to overturn it, because i can see why that call would be debatable (studio ref and JVG think its a foul on Durant, refs on the court think otherwise). only when there is undeniable evidence can a call be overruled, and thats the problem here imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I edited my post before you replied, I saw multiple replays on nba tv studio and defenite blocking foul for me and not charge.

And yeah ofcourse Green functions in offense simply due to knowing the system, but he still does his role well, he is very limited offensively, but he is a decent ball handler and good passer. Thats more then enough in their system, he is poor shooter and has little post game to name, but alright driver and passes to shooters well, doesnt need much more. Especially when his defending is so elite and he is the motor of the team.

Btw, do we take Curry for granted or what? He was so amazing driving his team forward, but he barely gets any mention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 58)