The NBA Thread (80 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's quite funny how some just can't accept greatness. As if LeBron being great takes anything away from MJ or any other player being great. Don't get this mentality where you need to shit on other great players to somehow try to validate the greatness of someone else. It rarely comes out looking anything but desperate fanboyism.
I'm not hating. I'd put Lebron in top 7 of all time, possibly top 5, but this media obsession with everything he does is repulsive. Focus on Lebron and ignore the fact that The East is a joke, competition non-existent, opponents missing key players. When you're the most dominant player in the league, you should be destroying lesser opposition, especially when they're missing key players.
im not hating on him, i just dislike him and dont like seeing him win. i only ever rooted twice for him, in 2008 and 2010 against Boston. but every time else, and especially since he left for Miami, i always want him to lose. but its been like that for me with most great athletes, exception in basketball are 1. MJ (well, hes MJ), even though i caught very little of his career live and had to rewatch lots of it later and 2. Kobe (and Shaq), since im a Lakers fan.

but the thing than made me dislike him the most is the media. its not even the fans, i know there is always blind fanboyism towards anyone, but the media flat out annoys me. they use every single opportunity to talk about him and suck his balls, even saw them recently blame his teammates for every game the Cavs lose, which is disgusting. they also have this new thing of finding random stats and presenting them to us, like Lebron being the 1st player to score (random numbers alert) 45 points, while shooting 15/25 and having 10 assists, in 2 consecutive road games. totally random and irrelevant, like people dont have eyes and need some numbers to be reminded about how good Bron is. but Muricans love their stats i guess

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I'm not hating. I'd put Lebron in top 7 of all time, possibly top 5, but this media obsession with everything he does is repulsive. Focus on Lebron and ignore the fact that The East is a joke, competition non-existent, opponents missing key players. When you're the most dominant player in the league, you should be destroying lesser opposition, especially when they're missing key players.
Who says that? No team sport is played like that. The guy has beaten the opposition carrying his team to back to back finals, and is not given credit, how?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bianconero81 and zizinho can’t seem to have a single sensible opinion even if their life depended on it. Go sit somewhere and contemplate, and then thank god for being blessed to be able to watch Lebron’s greatness.

Everyone from the Celtics’ coach, pundits and players, to even freaking Kobe say it was LeBron, the guy still types 30 lines of nonesense to say it was Celtics who blew it.
are you not capable of reading? i just posted you the shooting stats above, Boston was shooting terribly. they took the lead in the 4th on a Tatum dunk on Lebron, and a 3 straight afterwards to take the lead. they had the Cavs by their throat, crowd going crazy, momentum on their side (this was with 6 minutes to go). from this moment on, Cavs score 16 points till the end and Celtics just 7. 7 points in 6 minutes. but sure, im the one who cant have a sensible opinion :lol:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
are you not capable of reading? i just posted you the shooting stats above, Boston was shooting terribly. they took the lead in the 4th on a Tatum dunk on Lebron, and a 3 straight afterwards to take the lead. they had the Cavs by their throat, crowd going crazy, momentum on their side (this was with 6 minutes to go). from this moment on, Cavs score 16 points till the end and Celtics just 7. 7 points in 6 minutes. but sure, im the one who cant have a sensible opinion :lol:
I read what you wrote and called it 30 lines of nonsense. You watched THAT game and are not giving the guy credit, that’s hopeless in my book.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I read what you wrote and called it 30 lines of nonsense. You watched THAT game and are not giving the guy credit, that’s hopeless in my book.
well, you obviously have no counter argument, which is why you stick with "zizinho cant have one sigle sensible opinion" or "thats hopeless"

well you know, there is this thing called analyzing a game. we arent all obligated to suck a players dick when he has a great game

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bianconero81 and zizinho can’t seem to have a single sensible opinion even if their life depended on it. Go sit somewhere and contemplate, and then thank god for being blessed to be able to watch Lebron’s greatness.

Everyone from the Celtics’ coach, pundits and players, to even freaking Kobe say it was LeBron, the guy still types 30 lines of nonesense to say it was Celtics who blew it.
:howler: :yawn: I am not going to thank god, if he even exists, for being able to witness something I have already seen before, in an era where there were superior players (not athletes), more physicality, and not every slap on the wrist was a foul. The NBA has become super soft, so please don't lecture me on ""his greatness." I acknowledge that Lebron is a great player, but because of the exposure, the media, everything gets magnified tenfold.

Jun 6, 2015
im not hating on him, i just dislike him and dont like seeing him win. i only ever rooted twice for him, in 2008 and 2010 against Boston. but every time else, and especially since he left for Miami, i always want him to lose. but its been like that for me with most great athletes, exception in basketball are 1. MJ (well, hes MJ), even though i caught very little of his career live and had to rewatch lots of it later and 2. Kobe (and Shaq), since im a Lakers fan.

but the thing than made me dislike him the most is the media. its not even the fans, i know there is always blind fanboyism towards anyone, but the media flat out annoys me. they use every single opportunity to talk about him and suck his balls, even saw them recently blame his teammates for every game the Cavs lose, which is disgusting. they also have this new thing of finding random stats and presenting them to us, like Lebron being the 1st player to score (random numbers alert) 45 points, while shooting 15/25 and having 10 assists, in 2 consecutive road games. totally random and irrelevant, like people dont have eyes and need some numbers to be reminded about how good Bron is. but Muricans love their stats i guess
LeBron is not responsible for the media so I think that's a pretty weird reason for disliking him. I also feel that even in the media it is somewhat split in to haters and fanboys. It's just becoming harder and harder to rationalize being a hater based on what happens on court. I'd say most of the praise he is getting is pretty warranted considering how good he has been. Media/fans bashing his teammates is disgusting but again not something LeBron is responsible for.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
LeBron is not responsible for the media so I think that's a pretty weird reason for disliking him. I also feel that even in the media it is somewhat split in to haters and fanboys. It's just becoming harder and harder to rationalize being a hater based on what happens on court. I'd say most of the praise he is getting is pretty warranted considering how good he has been. Media/fans bashing his teammates is disgusting but again not something LeBron is responsible for.
It's more getting sick of him thanks to media, than dislike. I never really liked him, but started disliking him when he joined the Heat.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How over saturated would we have been with MJ, Magic, or Bird coverage back in the day if social media and the internet existed?

It's all relative to the times we are living in.

And LeBron deserves to be mentioned among the all time great. I'm stunned that there is even any doubt about this.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The focus is warranted because in these times he is superior.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How over saturated would we have been with MJ, Magic, or Bird coverage back in the day if social media and the internet existed?

It's all relative to the times we are living in.

And LeBron deserves to be mentioned among the all time great. I'm stunned that there is even any doubt about this.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone from the Celtics’ coach, pundits and players, to even freaking Kobe say it was LeBron, the guy still types 30 lines of nonsense to say it was Celtics who blew it.
Apparently zizinho and b81 know far more about basketball than all these coaches, players, and ex-players praising Lebron's performances.

Zizinho tries to discredit everything Lebron does, it's always the other team underperforming or some other nonsense. He calls it "analysis." His Lebron posts are basically Skip Bayless hot takes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's absurd. My all time favorite NBA player will probably always be Michael Jordan, simply because I was a small kid when Jordan was on top. But that changes nothing about LeBron's achievements.
:agree:

Jordan is number 1 by a clear margin for me, Kareem and Magic are 2 and 3. But Lebron is on a level with anyone else already.

- - - Updated - - -

:howler: :yawn: I am not going to thank god, if he even exists, for being able to witness something I have already seen before, in an era where there were superior players (not athletes), more physicality, and not every slap on the wrist was a foul. The NBA has become super soft, so please don't lecture me on ""his greatness." I acknowledge that Lebron is a great player, but because of the exposure, the media, everything gets magnified tenfold.
Because watching uber slow-paced mid to late-90s ISO ball was so thrilling. 8 players standing on one side of the court in "man to man" while guys like Barkley spend entire shot clocks backing down their man. :baus:

80s - early 90s basketball was fantastic. But even though I spent my formative years in the 90s and feel nostalgia for the era, the basketball played in the second half of the decade was mostly awful.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
He's playing great, no doubt about that, but I'm sick and tired of hearing that he's playing with bad players (acc. to almost every NBA analyst and journos). Come on now. It's not like he's playing with Booby Gibson and Pavlovic again, where his sidekick is Mo bloody Williams. Cavs have a very decent roster. Bunch of young, athletic players like Nance Jr., Hood, Clarkson, solid veterans like Hill, Green, Korver, Smith and All-Star on PF to back him up. Zizic, one of the most talented European C in last 15 years is only getting garbage time. It's true that they sucked multiple times in the playoffs, especially away, but it's a decent supporting cast. Celtics deserve more praise. They got to the Eastern Conference finals without Hayward and Irving. That's actually insane. Great year for them. Tatum developed way quicker, Brown got better, Rozier upped his game. Well done, Brad Stevens.
As for Lebron, he's the best in the world right now, no doubt about that, and one of the all time greats. Not even close to Jordan in my eyes though.
I was hoping for a final without the Cavs and Warriors. Maybe next year.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's quite funny how some just can't accept greatness. As if LeBron being great takes anything away from MJ or any other player being great. Don't get this mentality where you need to shit on other great players to somehow try to validate the greatness of someone else. It rarely comes out looking anything but desperate fanboyism.
What I don't get is why say shit now of all times? He is playing with a terribly average Cavs that were getting blown out by everyone in regular season, and you decide to talk shit on him when he has been insanely dominant since game one in this playoff? I mean the guys has more 40 plus games in this playoff then Durant has in his entire playoff career.

That should say EVERYTHING you need to know of he insane he has been. Because KD is the purest scoring assassin around.

LeBron turned on God mode in this playoff, people should just accept it.

Yeah he will lose the NBA finals, but it doesn't make it any less special.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I will never forget the 2016 finals, when Cavaliers were 3-1 down and then LeBron turned to beast mode.

Nothing surprises me anymore from him.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hope Lebron wins the ‘ship again. Nothing but respect for the guy.

Let’s not forget that he swept the Raptors who were the #1 seed in the east.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
until someone responds to this point, and finds where i actually said Lebron didnt have a great performance, i can only laugh about all these futile attempts of trying to present me as a hater. especially PI, he completely ignored my post where i nullify his Cavs bad shooting argument and proceeds to comparing me to Skip Bayles :howler:

another thing, cant you have a great performance and lose at the same time? if the answer is no, how come Lebron didnt sweep the eastern conference? i rest my case

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
until someone responds to this point, and finds where i actually said Lebron didnt have a great performance, i can only laugh about all these futile attempts of trying to present me as a hater. especially PI, he completely ignored my post where i nullify his Cavs bad shooting argument and proceeds to comparing me to Skip Bayles :howler:

another thing, cant you have a great performance and lose at the same time? if the answer is no, how come Lebron didnt sweep the eastern conference? i rest my case
What? Yes, the Cavs supporting cast did shoot poorly in the first half. 1-13 from 3 is very poor, as is 9-23.

I already said they stepped it up and provided the necessary help in the second half. They actually shot well. The Cavs were a 50% fg team in regular season by ze way.

Lebron being fantastic and the Celts being poor are not mutually exclusive. The Cavs won for both reasons. You just try to make it sound like we should ignore Lebron's performance and the Cavs exclusively won because of the Celts being shit (ignoring Cleveland playing very good defence too). You even said "forget about Lebron for a second" or something along those lines in your original post.

And people respond to you like this because you constantly diminish Lebron's accomplishments. Pretty simple.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What? Yes, the Cavs supporting cast did shoot poorly in the first half. 1-13 from 3 is very poor, as is 9-23.

I already said they stepped it up and provided the necessary help in the second half. They actually shot well. The Cavs were a 50% fg team in regular season by ze way.

Lebron being fantastic and the Celts being poor are not mutually exclusive. The Cavs won for both reasons. You just try to make it sound like we should ignore Lebron's performance and the Cavs exclusively won because of the Celts being shit (ignoring Cleveland playing very good defence too). You even said "forget about Lebron for a second" or something along those lines in your original post.

And people respond to you like this because you constantly diminish Lebron's accomplishments. Pretty simple.
i said forget about Lebron for a second, because i wanted to talk about the Celtics being dogcrap other than Tatum and Horford, and missing a golden opportunity to go to the finals. but you somehow concluded i wanted to take shots at Lebron. this very good Cavs defense allowed WIDE open 3pt shots and uncontested layups when the game was on the line, the Celtics shot creation was on point, its their execution of said plays that cost them the game. they choked hard, scoring 7 pts in 6 minutes when having wide open shots is flat out choking. they took a 72-71 lead after already mentioned Tatum points, after this, their next FG was a Morris dunk with 32 seconds to go (only had 2 freethrows from Morris and Smart in between), after the Cavs already had a 86-74 lead.

play by play since the Tatum points:
Tatum 3pt made 72-71, at the 06:04 mark in the 4th quarter
Green 3pt made 74-72
Smart 3pt missed 74-72
TT dunk 76-72
Smart 1/2 FTs 76-73
James 2pt FG missed 76-73
Horford 2pt FG missed 76-73
Hill 3pt missed 76-73
Horford 3pt missed 76-73
James layup missed 76-73
James 2-2 FTs 78-73
Morris 1-2 FTs 78-74
Morris 3pt missed 78-74
Rozier 3pt missed 78-74
James 1-2 FTs 79-74
Tatum layup missed 79-74
Green 3pt missed 79-74
Rozier 3pt missed 79-74
Hill layup made 81-74
Brown 3pt missed 81-74
James 2+1 made 84-74
Smart layup missed 84-74
James turnover 84-74
Morris 3pt missed 84-74
Hill 2-2 FTs 86-74
Morris dunk made 86-76, at the 00:32 second mark, at which point the game was already lost

this is embarrassing from a ECF team in a game 7 at home

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
refs ::lol3::

GS gonna turn this around, arent they

- - - Updated - - -

shame for the Rockets, but they choked hard in the 2nd half, didnt deserve better. shame for CP3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 59)