The NBA Thread (55 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lets ignore James for a moment, the Celtics beat themselves this game. Absolutely pathetic performance after pushing this to 7 games
James beat the Celtics. If James teammates showed up from 3 point range this was a blowout. Other than James the Cavs shot 6-27 from 3.

The Celtics were pathetic, but so were the non-Lebron Cavs. Both teams missed so many open looks from 3.

Lebron scored or assisted 57 of the Cavs 87 points. He deserves all the praise in the world for these past two games.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
James beat the Celtics. If James teammates showed up from 3 point range this was a blowout. Other than James the Cavs shot 6-27 from 3.

The Celtics were pathetic, but so were the non-Lebron Cavs. Both teams missed so many open looks from 3.

Lebron scored or assisted 57 of the Cavs 87 points. He deserves all the praise in the world for these past two games.
Nah, Cavs actually showed up past the 1st quarter and turned the game around. Boston hang around within ~10 for most of the game, then when they came within striking distance after a Tatum poster dunk on James and a 3 from him in consecutive possessions, they started missing wide open 3s and and layups. Not sure but might even be that they didn't even score once before the game was decided already. Ofcourse you gonna lose if you do that.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Lebron and his scary alpha aura also had something to do with Celtics shaky knees

Will Love be back for finals?
You play a game 7 at home and have a chance to go to the finals. If you are scared at this point, then you don't deserve better.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You play a game 7 at home and have a chance to go to the finals. If you are scared at this point, then you don't deserve better.
imo that's how it works in sports, Ronaldo's overhead kick killed our confidence, Karius killed himself with that Benzema mistake, these events affect you even if you're a model pro. When you see one player making all the difference, at one point you start doubting if you even have the chance to win

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
imo that's how it works in sports, Ronaldo's overhead kick killed our confidence, Karius killed himself with that Benzema mistake, these events affect you even if you're a model pro. When you see one player making all the difference, at one point you start doubting if you even have the chance to win
But it was different this game. James actually had some turnovers and bad shots/decisions when the Celtics were on a rise, then Tatum had that dunk and hit a 3 right after. At that point, Cavs were struggling and Celtics had momentum, had the crowd and a hot Tatum. Then they proceed to miss wide open 3s and layups in a period were Cavs were STILL struggling. If there was a moment were James killed their spirit with couple of 3s, impossible fadeaways, or some 2+1 dunks against the momentum, I'd agree with you. But that wasn't the case here. Boston killed their momentum themselves, thus handing the game over effectively

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You really cannot handle James getting praise. :lol:

James killed the Celtics. It's really simple. Everyone around the league is singing his praises for the last two games right now.

If his teammates don't shoot 22% from 3, which is awful for a 3 point shooting team like the Cavs, this game isn't even close.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You really cannot handle James getting praise. :lol:

James killed the Celtics. It's really simple. Everyone around the league is singing his praises for the last two games right now.

If his teammates don't shoot 22% from 3, which is awful for a 3 point shooting team like the Cavs, this game isn't even close.
Have you watched the game or just glanced over the stats/saw guys on Twitter praising LBJ?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Have you watched the game or just glanced over the stats/saw guys on Twitter praising LBJ?
I did watch the game. And I disagree with you.

Most of James' turnovers were in the first half. The non-Lebron Cavs were also terrible in the first half. The only reason the Celtics were ahead going into the second half is because the Cavs shot so poorly in the first half. 1-13 from 3 outside Lebron. They missed a ton of open looks and easy buckets.

They showed up in the second half and helped Lebron close out the game.

The Celts missed lots of open looks, but the Celts had a terrible offense all season. They had miserable 3 point shooting nights frequently. Expecting them to shoot lights out is just unrealistic.

James scored or assisted 22 of 28 4th quarter points for the Cavs. Any way you look at it, he carried his team to victory with clutch play.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I did watch the game. And I disagree with you.

Most of James' turnovers were in the first half. The non-Lebron Cavs were also terrible in the first half. The only reason the Celtics were close going into the second half is because the Cavs shot so poorly in the first half. 1-13 from 3 outside Lebron. They missed a ton of open looks and easy buckets.

They showed up in the second half and helped Lebron close out the game.

The Celts missed lots of open looks, but the Celts had a terrible offense all season. They had miserable 3 point shooting nights frequently. Expecting them to shoot lights out is just unrealistic.
You say you watched the game, but it took you almost 3 hours to give praise to LeBron. Just saying, you're much quicker usually :p

And here you are bringing up stats again, non LeBron Cavs lol. I hate that stat, it's so fucking pointless because one or two guys drag your team stats down quite a bit. If you do Green less Cavs, you get the same result. Or how about non Tatum or non Horford Celtics? but since that's apparently the only language you understand, here's some for you

Green was 7-14 from the field, played 42 minutes
TT had 4-4 from the field, played 35 minutes
Smith was 3-8 in 42 minutes, but his was all 3s, so he got 9 pts from 8 shots
Hill shot bad, 2-6 in 38 minutes
Korver shot bad, 1-6 in 16 minutes

Rest were Nance with 2-2, but the only played 8 minutes, and JC with 0-2 also 8 minutes. Now let's go to the Celtics:

Baynes didn't attempt a shot in 19 minutes
Smart 1-10 in 31 minutes
Morris 5-14 in 33 minutes
Rozier 2-14 in 36 minutes
Brown 5-18 in 39 minutes

Only 2 players with acceptable shooting, Tatum (9-17) and Horford (7-12). Let's not even get me started on comparing the 3pt shooting :lol:

But otherwise you're right. If all Cavs shot 50% or more, this would have been a blowout :lol:. And I'm definitely a hater for not appreciating Lebron single handedly with zero help destroying this star studded Celtics team. We should all be in awe, for who knows how much time will pass until someone destroys a team as good as these Celtics the way Lebron did tonight

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think Lebron and his scary alpha aura also had something to do with Celtics shaky knees

Will Love be back for finals?
It won't matter because LeBum and #thuglife JR Smith #Punchableface Larry Nance Junior will get buttfucked by the Warriors in 5 :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

LeBum is a great player, no doubt. However, people ignore the simple fact that The Celtics, lacking their best player and another all-star pushed him and his merry band of shitcunts to 7 games.

Lebum's longevity in the game is the only reason he's in the discussion when it comes to GOAT.

I can't seriously consider a guy who lacks that killer instinct, that eye of the tiger, and chokes consistently in finals to be the GOAT.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It won't matter because LeBum and #thuglife JR Smith #Punchableface Larry Nance Junior will get buttfucked by the Warriors in 5 :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

LeBum is a great player, no doubt. However, people ignore the simple fact that The Celtics, lacking their best player and another all-star pushed him and his merry band of shitcunts to 7 games.

Lebum's longevity in the game is the only reason he's in the discussion when it comes to GOAT.

I can't seriously consider a guy who lacks that killer instinct, that eye of the tiger, and chokes consistently in finals to be the GOAT.
of course Cavs most likely will get killed by Warriors/Rockets, if Lebron doesn't have a superdominant game it'll possibly even end in 4.

but if you had placed literally any other active basketball player instead of Lebron in Cleveland, I think Cavaliers would've lost the tie against all of Pacers, Raptors and Celtics, he's been incredible in these playoffs

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, you are so cool.

Also:

Three-time NBA Champion: 2012, 2013, 2016
Three-time NBA Finals MVP: 2012, 2013, 2016
Four-time NBA Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
14-time NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Three-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2006, 2008, 2018
11-time All-NBA First Team: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Two-time All-NBA Second Team: 2005, 2007
Five-time NBA All-Defensive First Team: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
NBA All-Defensive Second Team: 2014
2004 NBA Rookie of the Year
2004 NBA All-Rookie First Team
2008 NBA Scoring Champion
2017 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award

Jun 6, 2015
It's quite funny how some just can't accept greatness. As if LeBron being great takes anything away from MJ or any other player being great. Don't get this mentality where you need to shit on other great players to somehow try to validate the greatness of someone else. It rarely comes out looking anything but desperate fanboyism.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

See @Post Ironic, this is hating, yet you get mad at me for saying Celtics bottled the game :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's quite funny how some just can't accept greatness. As if LeBron being great takes anything away from MJ or any other player being great. Don't get this mentality where you need to shit on other great players to somehow try to validate the greatness of someone else. It rarely comes out looking anything but desperate fanboyism.
It's absurd. My all time favorite NBA player will probably always be Michael Jordan, simply because I was a small kid when Jordan was on top. But that changes nothing about LeBron's achievements.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not hating. I'd put Lebron in top 7 of all time, possibly top 5, but this media obsession with everything he does is repulsive. Focus on Lebron and ignore the fact that The East is a joke, competition non-existent, opponents missing key players. When you're the most dominant player in the league, you should be destroying lesser opposition, especially when they're missing key players.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Bianconero81 and zizinho can’t seem to have a single sensible opinion even if their life depended on it. Go sit somewhere and contemplate, and then thank god for being blessed to be able to watch Lebron’s greatness.

Everyone from the Celtics’ coach, pundits and players, to even freaking Kobe say it was LeBron, the guy still types 30 lines of nonsense to say it was Celtics who blew it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 48)