Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
then why did they sell Kean????
Kean did not renew his contract so next year he would be free.

- - - Updated - - -

Can Juve resolve squad issues before it's too late?

It's rare that you get a manager speaking with the sort of honesty we heard from Maurizio Sarri over the weekend, when he admitted Juventus need to shift six players between now and the end of the transfer window or risk having to cut them from their Champions League squad. A lot of the focus has been driven by the transfer window, with speculation about the likes of Paulo Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain and/or Mario Mandzukic moving or, in midfield, Sami Khedira or Blaise Matuidi. But there ought to be a bigger concern: how did we get here?

Juventus can count and they knew that because they have just one homegrown player in the squad, perpetual third keeper Marco Pinsoglio, they can only register 22 players. So what kind of planning is it to find yourself in mid-August being forced to give guys away?

This situation is aggravated by the fact that most of the players they want to shift are older and with hefty contracts. What's more, with the Premier League window closed, there are only so many potential destinations and there won't be any late-August panic buys from mid-table English sides.

It's pretty basic stuff. You hope that sporting director Fabio Paratici has some sort of plan up his sleeve, one that won't cost the club too much money. Otherwise, for all his success in landing the likes of Matthijs de Ligt, Adrien Rabiot and Aaron Ramsey, he will have dropped the ball big time.

Even ESPN US is talking about Juve's problem. Someone once told me, "preparation is the key to success." Management sure didn't prepare for this obvious situation. Funny Juve has difficulty keeping players at times and now everyone wants to stay here. I agree with poster that Max had a hand in this but still management had plenty of time to lessen the issue. And also agree with poster that stated if not needed, sit those players on the bench and see how many still want to stay in January. Poor Sarri might end up a one-and-done manager.
Gab Marcotti is one of the best football writers out there. He knows his shit.

Jun 6, 2015
Max had no hand in this at all, wtf you guys on about
It's the special kind that have this psychological coping mechanism called "Something's wrong, Max's fault". It's easy really, just blame Max for everything so you don't have to face the reality.

I'll now demonstrate this for you with an imaginary scenario where I join this mental gymnastic group. For example we blame Max for giving people big wages because clearly Max was always the money man and was in charge of running the financial side. We also acknowledge that he isn't in any way the reason why we are currently at the very top of the football world able to sign players like Ronaldo and De Light.

- - - Updated - - -

then why did they sell Kean????
Max's fault. Keep up.

Last edited:

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Coutinho was offered to Juventus but the Italian Champions are looking for players with other characteristics. The Brazilian could follow Perisic at Bayern. (Fabrizio Romano)

Icardi only wants to join Juventus despite the interest from Napoli & Roma. (Sportitalia)

Juventus will meet with Roma tomorrow to reach a full agreement over the transfer of Rugani on loan for €5m with an obligation to buy at €25m. (Sportitalia)

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Missed a lot during the last month or two - can anyone please sum up our mercato and paratici? :D
This is Tuz, dont hope for a reasonable reply.

I asked the same yesterday, someone to update me on the last couple of days, but got one funny gif as a reply too.

The latest is that we are having problems with selling:

-Sarri wants Khedira to stay, but there are no offers for Matuidi so far.
-Rugani close to Roma apparently, 5m loan + 25m obligation next year.
-The latest news regarding Mandzu is that there has been an offer for him from Dortmund. We will see. Bayern was also mentioned couple of days ago.
-Pellegrini will go to Cagliari on loan. The plan is A. Sandro and Danilo starting wingbacks, Cuadrado and DS subs.
-Nothing on Perin, Pjaca so far. Discussions with Roma over Higuain.
-Dybala - PSG links, but nothing serious so far.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Coutinho was offered to Juventus but the Italian Champions are looking for players with other characteristics. The Brazilian could follow Perisic at Bayern. (Fabrizio Romano)

Icardi only wants to join Juventus despite the interest from Napoli & Roma. (Sportitalia)

Juventus will meet with Roma tomorrow to reach a full agreement over the transfer of Rugani on loan for €5m with an obligation to buy at €25m. (Sportitalia)
What characteristics? slow and injury prone like khedira? or clumsy like matuidi?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What characteristics? slow and injury prone like khedira? or clumsy like matuidi?
Probably having a consistent position. He’s fantastic, but not a midfielder and not really a forward. Does better in the 8 role than the 10 but has trouble defending.

I was hoping we would get him on loan though. Would have given our bench a significant boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)