Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Salah dybala straight swap, plz discuss
Absolutely not!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thats nowhere near accurate
:agree: He's better than Berardi, but still vastly over-rated by some. I wouldn't trade any of our attacking options for him. Definitely not a player we need or one who can improve us.

- - - Updated - - -

You say "statistics", but what you mean is "personal experience."
:sad:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Absolutely not!

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: He's better than Berardi, but still vastly over-rated by some. I wouldn't trade any of our attacking options for him. Definitely not a player we need or one who can improve us.

- - - Updated - - -

He's better than Costa, and less of a clown.

Although I suppose Costa isn't starting XI anyways, so you are right, Chiesa wouldn't improve our starting XI. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying he is not just the welsh marchisio?
More important... is he Welsh Pirlo?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
It's only highlights but Tonali looks good.

Tonali, Zaniolo or Ramsey may not be the WC mid we want but tons of potential and talent.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Absolutely not!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Bro you really need to tone down the dybala worship, he's just not that special. I used to make fun of salah but he's clearly been the better player, anyways if allegri stays there's a good chance dybala is getting sold, and no we won't be getting mbappe to replace him.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Bro you really need to tone down the dybala worship, he's just not that special. I used to make fun of salah but he's clearly been the better player, anyways if allegri stays there's a good chance dybala is getting sold, and no we won't be getting mbappe to replace him.
Salah is a very selfish player who frequently shoots even when his teammates are in better positions (I watch Liverpool regularly). He wouldn’t work together with Ronaldo.

Salah also plays as a forward this season under a very attacking coach. Dybala plays as attacking midfielder under a more pragmatic coach. Salah’s numbers are always going to be higher.

Dybala is a better playmaker than Salah. His passing and decision making are better. He also loses the ball less often. Salah is faster and probably a bit stronger. Both are excellent finishers (Dybi just doesn’t get the same quality of chances).

I just don’t see much benefit in replacing Salah with Dybala.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Get Costa's head straight and there we have our pacy winger that cut through any defence. Could even work better given who we got up top because he's not as selfish like Nedved96 mentioned.

Max viewing and wanting to make Dybala into a fantasista should say it all. We're talking a different beast here in pure talent.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Salah is a very selfish player who frequently shoots even when his teammates are in better positions (I watch Liverpool regularly). He wouldn’t work together with Ronaldo.

Salah also plays as a forward this season under a very attacking coach. Dybala plays as attacking midfielder under a more pragmatic coach. Salah’s numbers are always going to be higher.

Dybala is a better playmaker than Salah. His passing and decision making are better. He also loses the ball less often. Salah is faster and probably a bit stronger. Both are excellent finishers (Dybi just doesn’t get the same quality of chances).

I just don’t see much benefit in replacing Salah with Dybala.
If you go back to my posts when Dybala was still at Palermo you'll see I've had nothing but praise for the guy since then, but he really doesn't seem to have what it takes to achieve the potential I thought he had. He's good but I thought by now he'd be a much better all round player.

Sure being played out of (what still is to me) his natural position (I'll always insist he's best closer to the goal almost like a Romário-like poacher, like at Palermo), he still hasn't grown to levels I thought he would. His first touch is of a rapist and he's too weak physically.

I still love the kid but I don't believe he'll ever actually compete for a Ballon D'or, not playing for Juventus anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Salah has been the best player by a mile. Dybala has a higher ceiling but that's just potential.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying I was wrong about Dybala but maybe my expectations were too damn high.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thank you.

Dybala is good but I don’t think he’s the player to carry this team or any top team for that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

If you go back to my posts when Dybala was still at Palermo you'll see I've had nothing but praise for the guy since then, but he really doesn't seem to have what it takes to achieve the potential I thought he had. He's good but I thought by now he'd be a much better all round player.

Sure being played out of (what still is to me) his natural position (I'll always insist he's best closer to the goal almost like a Romário-like poacher, like at Palermo), he still hasn't grown to levels I thought he would. His first touch is of a rapist and he's too weak physically.

I still love the kid but I don't believe he'll ever actually compete for a Ballon D'or, not playing for Juventus anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Salah has been the best player by a mile. Dybala has a higher ceiling but that's just potential.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying I was wrong about Dybala but maybe my expectations were too damn high.
:tup:

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Did you feel the same way about Pogba in his last season?
To me Pogba is a weird case. At his best he's a force to be reckoned with, amazing vision and passing. He's pure talent, he's got that old school class only a few do. And for that he could be one of the greats but you don't become one of the greats with talent alone. You need to consistently put out top performances season by season and win important titles. But I think he still got every chance to win a ballon d'or.

I don't remember what I thought of him on his last season here but I remember being pissed at those stupid commercials he did while he was still a Juventus player. I wouldn't want him back tbh.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
To me Pogba is a weird case. At his best he's a force to be reckoned with, amazing vision and passing. He's pure talent, he's got that old school class only a few do. And for that he could be one of the greats but you don't become one of the greats with talent alone. You need to consistently put out top performances season by season and win important titles. But I think he still got every chance to win a ballon d'or.

I don't remember what I thought of him on his last season here but I remember being pissed at those stupid commercials he did while he was still a Juventus player. I wouldn't want him back tbh.
You also don't play like rubbish for a year and a half because you dislike your coach and your role.

Ronaldo and Messi have played like superstars no matter what coach or tactics they have been put under. Pogba needs to grow up in terms of attitude if he wants to be one of the Greats. Can't hang his head and sulk for months on end when things aren't going well.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Salah also had an entire half season playing like ass. They all have their ups and downs through out season, even Ronaldo and Messi although if that's the bar expectations are indeed too high.
Thing is to have patience as fans before completely giving up on such talents.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
You also don't play like rubbish for a year and a half because you dislike your coach and your role.

Ronaldo and Messi have played like superstars no matter what coach or tactics they have been put under. Pogba needs to grow up in terms of attitude if he wants to be one of the Greats. Can't hang his head and sulk for months on end when things aren't going well.
Exactly. If he had the right mind set and attitude combined with his talent he’d be unstoppable, but I guess it’s a problem with all modern talents like him and Hazard. They’re obviously good players but there’s clearly something missing and I don’t know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)