Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (83 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
His technique is second to no one? What the hell?

The thing with Costa this season is that although he has pace, he isn't effective most of the time especially against big clubs.
Well yeah his ball control skill is insane!
D.Costa does has effectiveness problem but he is also a player that can take the ball forward in whatever position he is currently on the field and make it an attack and this is why I said he could be one of the keys to beat Atletico.
If D.Costa learns how to be more effective and improve his shooting skills (more accuracy than power) he will be one of the best wingers and by one of the best I mean easily top 5!

- - - Updated - - -

Our midfield is so average. Pjanic only player that is world class.
If we judge based on this season I`d say Pjanic is the most under performing midfielder...
Yes Pjanic is WC in quality but he doesnt really shows it this season..
Its really annoying to say it as Pjanic could really make our mid better when on form but right now he just doesnt do anything...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing this means one of Costa and Cuadrado is out, and since Cuadrado is more versatile I can only guess it will be Costa.
If we do sell one of Cuad and D.Costa as much as I hate saying it value for money I`d sell D.Costa
Cuad to me is the most underrated player in our team and when he is on the field we create more! Also if we sell Cuad we get around 30M which is way way under his true value
D.Costa would also fetch under his value but at least we get a reasonable sum...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping SMS' price has dropped a bit since he hasn't had an as good season as the last one.

SMS, Ramsey and then De Ligt and I'm happy.
SMS could be a rabbit out of the hat but I still cant see Lollito selling him on the cheap..

- - - Updated - - -

Chiesa reminds me a bit of Nedved. Pretty direct hardworking wide midfielder.
Well he does work hard on the field but its a long way between hard worker and Nedved...
Nedved since his first game I watched I said I want him at Juve - (dont remember which forum it was tuz or not..)
Chiesa could be good but could also be just another flash in the pan

- - - Updated - - -

Calciomercato links us with Nicolas Pepe of Lille - anyone in here to tell how good he is?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
Pjanic is our best midfielder i wouldnt sell him easily, but this summer we need to rebuild the midfield entirely. Especially if we are going to change manager a lot of things will change. The only players i expect to see next year for sure are Bentancur and Emre Can (bench) and Ramsey (obvious)

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Play dybala as a no.9 with Ronaldo to his left

This frees up pjanic in midfield to play with a 3 which suits him better

Sign better midfielders, summer mercato complete

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Paratici's plan for Zaniolo: Roma set asking price for Italian starlet targeted by Juve

Juventus are not giving up on the potential signature of Nicolo Zaniolo and even in these hours, the sporting director of the Bianconeri Fabio Paratici is in constant contact with the player's agent.

As reported by Tuttosport, there was a meeting between Paratici and Zaniolo's agent Claudio Vigorelli in Madrid. The entourage reiterated the minimum price for which the former Inter man could leave: 50 million euros.

Meanwhile, Roma are working on a contract renewal for the midfielder. He currently earns 700 thousand euros and Monchi is ready to offer an annual salary of 2 million euros plus bonuses but it is unlikely that a signature will arrive before the end of the season.

Zaniolo wants to understand the fate of Roma in the next season. The Giallorossi are fighting for a place in the Champions League and are currently out of the top 4 that guarantees participation in the competition. Being out of the Champions Lague, Zaniolo would have more chances to leave. Real Madrid and Chelsea are also interested in the player, even though the Blues must first convince FIFA to postpone their market ban until next January.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's called your opinion. A fact is something that cannot be disputed. I can think of at least 5 people on Tuz that will disagree with you.
insignificant fools

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me you're joking
hes not joking, hes right

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici's plan for Zaniolo: Roma set asking price for Italian starlet targeted by Juve

Juventus are not giving up on the potential signature of Nicolo Zaniolo and even in these hours, the sporting director of the Bianconeri Fabio Paratici is in constant contact with the player's agent.

As reported by Tuttosport, there was a meeting between Paratici and Zaniolo's agent Claudio Vigorelli in Madrid. The entourage reiterated the minimum price for which the former Inter man could leave: 50 million euros.

Meanwhile, Roma are working on a contract renewal for the midfielder. He currently earns 700 thousand euros and Monchi is ready to offer an annual salary of 2 million euros plus bonuses but it is unlikely that a signature will arrive before the end of the season.

Zaniolo wants to understand the fate of Roma in the next season. The Giallorossi are fighting for a place in the Champions League and are currently out of the top 4 that guarantees participation in the competition. Being out of the Champions Lague, Zaniolo would have more chances to leave. Real Madrid and Chelsea are also interested in the player, even though the Blues must first convince FIFA to postpone their market ban until next January.
50M, bargain. get it done and do Barella straight after

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

As good as done this. Pallotta knows it will be difficult to keep him and we're all in

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
insignificant fools

- - - Updated - - -

hes not joking, hes right

- - - Updated - - -

50M, bargain. get it done and do Barella straight after
Instead of just throwing money wouldnt you want a real star CM instead of Barella?!
Zaniolo is 13 year old so I get it..

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Pjanic can stay, all our other midfielders can fuck right off.

So many donkeys.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright maybe I’m being harsh on Bentancur. Give him another chance under a different, more positive, and more attacking manager.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Same amount?! No one but we dont need someone at Barella`s level or at our current mid level...
You know where Im taking it but even if not him we do need to get someone who can raise our mid level and become one of the best in this department!
Pogba is obviously my favorite but there are other great players such as SMS who is not having the best season and might result in a drop of value..
Ndombele even if I think he is being hailed as a superman in this forum and that he is just a very good young player..
We need few things but above all passing technique and strength in midfield
Pogba is obviously the best option as he is kind of great in all 3 attributes but there are other who can provide some or all of the attributes listed...

If we need to raise money for Pogba we can sell Pjanic who is a good player but also being overrated by most of the world..
Eriksen - I said before he shouldnt be considered but the truth is he should be considered as he is also a leader!
Pogba SMS Ndombele must be a priorities as they can really fill in a big gap in our midfield!

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic can stay, all our other midfielders can fuck right off.

So many donkeys.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright maybe I’m being harsh on Bentancur. Give him another chance under a different, more positive, and more attacking manager.
Bentancur has actually been performing better than Pjanic (during this season)...
Matuidi is bad lately but he is very good usually
Can offers nothing right now while Khedira could lead the scoring charts if he learns how to put a ball in the back of the net...

P.S - He might not be half of how he was but Vidal could suit us right now..

Apr 19, 2007
I dont know what to do about our midfield issue really. I think it would be pretty interesting if Zidane comes what he would want/do. Some options would be to sell Costa and get a AM like James or Isco that could be more versatil and also give some creativity in the midfield while pushing Dybala up further in a fron 2 with Ronaldo. Keep Mandzukic and Berna as well as Cuads. I would love to see a top cm come but I dont really know one that could come in right away for under 100 mil.

Who knows really but something needs to happen. I wish we would at least try Berna in the center at lcm but dont see this happening

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
For as long as I've been here I have complained about our HG situation. I won't print it all out again, but make a small vent that we are cutting our legs each year and it remains beyond my comprehension why we have not dealt with it after a decade.

Now... I want to ventilate something I think have already been discussed and analysed more elegantly by others here. But I still need to vent because I have literally nowhere else in my life to do it.
So...
For the past years I've complained about the lack of a midfielder with quality and grinta. A new Davids or Vidal. Now we're signing the hugely average Ramsey. Not that he is signed to close that gap, but he will not add anything that we already have. That signing makes no sense to me whatsoever. Matuidi is a great player that I have huge respect for, he makes runs to open up space for others and he chases down balls like few others. I can only speculate but I am guessing he is a really annoying player to face and a wonderful one to play with. Now the however part, as everyone can see, he offers little value with the ball at his feet. Past month he has also looked extremely drained (like our entire team). If we look only at his position and surroundings we seem to favour a midfield of Pjanic as sitting deep playmaker. Which this year is a fancy title for "pass the ball sideways". Because Pjanic cannot hold a midfield together with only one other CM (and I am not blaming him for that) we've favoured deploying Khedira when he's fit. Khedira is not as bad as others make him out to be, if his finishing was as good as Marchisio's we would see a lot more love coming his way.

Nevertheless, one thought based on the midfield we've played this year is that with Bonucci rarely going for the long breaking ball in the past months and with Pjanic (being out of steam?) playing it sideways (Pirlo's eyes must hurt) we force Dybala to drop extremely deep to fulfill, basically, Pjanic's duties. For the past month whenever we have the ball we are shaped with two CBs on the centre half, our LB and RB a bit further up down the lines, Pjanic sitting somewhere above CBs and being screened out. Dybala dropping deep up and about Pjanic's nose. Then there's a huge gap. Another huge gap. And then we have Matuidi running a little bit here and there because we have absolutely no clue on how to own spaces on the pitch and move about. We have Bentancur sprinting up to opposition CBs. Realising nothing is happening. Slowly pacing back and restarting his run. Mandz is waiting about the box and after a while gets bored and walks towards a random sideline. Ronaldo makes clever runs but no one dares passing the ball forwards or take risks. Costa/whoever else is playing tries to beat their guy whenever they get the opportunity (and I am happy they do it), because there is literally not much else going on.

I haven't checked that stats and happy to be proven wrong but my guess is that we seldom pass the ball more that our opponents. I don't want tiki taka, meaningless passes just because or triangles of nothingness. But what I see is a team with partly very little idea of how to transition spaces on the pitch and partly skill to make the transition happen anyway. Right now the transition happens when (1) the opponents make and error, (2) Dybala drops deep and gets past his man or destroyed and wins a FK, or (3) we give the ball to Cancelo so that he can make the transition happen anyway. Before him, we gave it to Costa but in a similar vein they tend to make the transition only happen on the lines of the pitch. Likewise with Cuadrado. Previously, as implied earlier, we make it with Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba. Pirlo make it happen with a pass to a FORWARD running player (it rarely happens we pass the ball in front of a moving player). Vidal just owned his space and bulldozed forward whenever it was required. Pogba dribbled his way and the gap he left behind him has not been filled. I think the "lack of passes" and especially the risky passes forward, the slow play and so on is just what happens when we do not know how to transition and own spaces on the pitch. I won't solely blame Allegri - I think that should go around to the players as well and equally much to the rest of the management. Kicking out Allegri might help but I really do not think it would bring any more success than with him. To me it seems more likely it would bring less success.

Why? Because in previous years we've had a fairly arranged game plan that was predictable but difficult to defend against. Pjanic was formidable then (and allowed?) and make nice through balls and just make the game tick. He is still important because he is still the glue to our midfield and able to hold on to the ball but as I see it we need two new midfielders. One bulldozer that has some ability with the ball and not just off the ball, and one that move the ball (basically dribble) his way from deep to open up space. We cannot sign anyone right now so my proposal is to play a midfield of Pjanic, Bentancur and Bernardeschi, and ask Bentancur to help protect Pjanic a bit. Since we do not have a bottomless pit of money next summer (or ever, of course) I want us to splash everything on a new Pogba. Then we can bring back Matuidi and play "Pogba", Pjanic and Matuidi in midfield. And no... I have no suggestions on who... just splash the budget on whoever we see fit and then start looking at future CB for the mercato in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)