Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #969
    Ramsey + top mid.

Khedira and maybe Pjanic. Depends if ZZ wants to revive Mira's career.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    In:
    Ramsey
    De Ligt
    Chiesa
    Marcelo
    Ndombele

Out:
    Sandro
    Costa
    Barzagli
    Caceres
    Khedira
    Matuidi
    Higuain

Szczesny/Perin
    Chiellini/Bonucci/DeLigt/Rugani
    Cancelo/DeSciglio/Marcelo/Spinazzola
    Pjanic/Bentancur/Can/Ramsey/Ndombele
    Ronaldo/Dybala/Mandzu/Chiesa/Berna/Cuads

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    At this point, I can't wait for this season to be over so we can get to the mercato. I know I said this same thing last season, but maybe we'll get a good midfield this time.
    Wow, it was enough to break you, losing 2:0 to Atletico. That's why that come back would be so sweet. All the pussies accepting they're just pussies.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T235 przy użyciu Tapatalka

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Wow, it was enough to break you, losing 2:0 to Atletico. That's why that come back would be so sweet. All the pussies accepting they're just pussies.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T235 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    You're satisfied with the way the season has gone overall to this point? You're satisfied with the state of our midfield at this point?

Either way, feel free to suck my dick.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    At this point, I can't wait for this season to be over so we can get to the mercato. I know I said this same thing last season, but maybe we'll get a good midfield this time.
    i know the Atletico loss is depressing but we definitely aren't out yet.

Even if we do go out that makes the season a failure? The press might be hyping that up because of the Ronaldo transfer but win the CL or its a loss and just wait until next mercato? That's a ridiculous standard no team can just plan to win such a competitive cup competition. Even the Real Madrid side some are claiming to be best club side in the history of that game only won three successive CLs off the back of extremely questionable refereeing in numerous crucial ties where they were second best.

Whether UEFA favors Real, their popularity has some weird subconsious power over refs, or simply bad refereeing and they got got extremely lucky I don't know but look at how much "luck" plays a role in the elimination rounds of a cup competition.

Winning the CL should be our goal, we are at that level, but a win the CL or bust is a crazy high standard particularly given our financial constraints in comparison to other top sides. That Serie A sucks and is no challenge this year does not change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if we do go out that makes the season a failure? The press might be hyping that up because of the Ronaldo transfer but win the CL or its a loss and just wait until next mercato? That's a ridiculous standard no team can just plan to win such a competitive cup competition. Even the Real Madrid side some are claiming to be best club side in the history of that game only won three successive CLs off the back of extremely questionable refereeing in numerous crucial ties where they were second best.

Whether UEFA favors Real, their popularity has some weird subconsious power over refs, or simply bad refereeing and they got got extremely lucky I don't know but look at how much "luck" plays a role in the elimination rounds of a cup competition.

Winning the CL should be our goal, we are at that level, but a win the CL or bust is a crazy high standard particularly given our financial constraints in comparison to other top sides.

Man some people on this forum are gonna be so pissed when Zidane shows up and they discover that coaching isn't the reason that midfield can't pass or control a ball.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

Winning the CL should be our goal, we are at that level, but a win the CL or bust is a crazy high standard particularly given our financial constraints in comparison to other top sides. That Serie A sucks and is no challenge this year does not change that.

Man some people on this forum are gonna be so pissed when Zidane shows up and they discover that coaching isn't the reason that midfield can't pass or control a ball.
    Oh I know, we can still go through. We've responded well in the past in such situations, can only wait and see at this point.
    https://www.juventuz.com/threads/cl...february-20th-2019.43872/page-47#post-5905847

I think it's difficult to label, it's odd to say it would be a failure if we were to still win the scudetto. I think we could all agree that considering our personnel it would be considered to be a severe underperformance. But as you basically said, at some point we have to aspire to more.

Obviously, you can't win every game. Shit happens, that's just life. Because of this, I think we need to take a more nuanced look into things rather than just a checklist of won x, y, and z trophies. The Coppa exit was embarrassing. We look almost defeated at times in Serie A, this most recent game as an example. Atletico is a great side and it's unfortunate we face them so early, but our performance was lifeless and very sub par (the sloppy passing, devoid of any ideas, Bonucci throwing himself to the floor and curling into a fetal position...). Because of these things, no it's not looking too great to me. Going out against Madrid last year sucked, but we fought with everything we had in that second leg. In no way would I consider that a failure, for example.

That Zidane post you made afterwards is exactly what I'm getting with my original comment. No matter what coach we bring in or tactics we use, we're still going to have a glaring weakness in our side that isn't going to change until maybe this summer. But if we do, then God help every other side we face.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)