Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
experience yes, quality no

we need WC impact players in CB and CM

agreed with Valerio
We have plenty of quality as well.

I feel our midfield has become an easy scapegoat for all our difficulties. I agree that we can definitely improve the squad but the situation isn't as grim as some seem to think. We have a world class squad.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that could work well actually. And maybe even free up Dybala to be a f9 having multiple bigger players making runs in to fill that void.
SMS is a brilliant player, not sure how realistic getting him is though.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I feel our midfield has become an easy scapegoat for all our difficulties. I agree that we can definitely improve the squad but the situation isn't as grim as some seem to think. We have a world class squad.
I would be satisfied with one CM signing, to play with Pjanic and Matuidi. And 1 CB signing.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Matuidi sucks just as bad as the rest of our midfielders. I dont know why everybody considers him a starter. He had a good start to the season, but has been really bad for the last two or three months.

Jun 6, 2015
I would be satisfied with one CM signing, to play with Pjanic and Matuidi. And 1 CB signing.
On top of Ramsey I presume? I think the problem is that every semi-talented player is valued at 70m or more these days. I personally really hope De Ligt comes here, getting a talented mid as well would be a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi sucks just as bad as the rest of our midfielders. I dont know why everybody considers him a starter. He had a good start to the season, but has been really bad for the last two or three months.
Matuidi doesn't suck, but he's just a complementary player. Won't make a difference by himself but can work well in a system that requires his type of player.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'm hoping SMS' price has dropped a bit since he hasn't had an as good season as the last one.

SMS, Ramsey and then De Ligt and I'm happy.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
On top of Ramsey I presume? I think the problem is that every semi-talented player is valued at 70m or more these days. I personally really hope De Ligt comes here, getting a talented mid as well would be a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi doesn't suck, but he's just a complementary player. Won't make a difference by himself but can work well in a system that requires his type of player.
Yeah but you can say the same about Can, Khedira and Bentancur. I cant see why Matuidi is free of critisism, when everybody else is considered not good enough.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I'm hoping SMS' price has dropped a bit since he hasn't had an as good season as the last one.

If we get SMS on top of Ramsey, keep the front line and back line as is, I would be really happy.
Going from Matuidi and Bentancur/ Khedira to Ramsey and SMS as btb mids would be fantastic.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah but you can say the same about Can, Khedira and Bentancur. I cant see why Matuidi is free of critisism, when everybody else is considered not good enough.
I can agree with that. However I feel Matuidi as a player brings different things compared to the three you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that would be a great mercato.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I can agree with that. However I feel Matuidi as a player brings different things compared to the three you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that would be a great mercato.
Different yes but not neccessarily better. Ideally we get someone to provide the legs and aggression that he does but with better technic.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

SMS is a brilliant player, not sure how realistic getting him is though.
Dude good players nothing on the level with the best.
Can is another Sturaro
Matuidi run and run but lacks everything else
Pjanic seems to be our only starting point.
Khedira is ready for retirement.
Bentancur is too young to be relied on the highest lvl.

Our current midfield is decent but not up there with the best.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dybala fanboys heres something for you all out there.When he lives Juve he is gonna insult us Pogba way
I am so certain lurking for the moment
Yes. Keep the hate flowing. I'd like to see how you came up with this amazing deduction. Deductive Reasoning Level 9000 :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

:sad: :cry: Yes. Let's waste money on a player we don't need for a position that requires the least amount of attention at present. Solid planning :baus: :tup:

Ignore midfield, ignore CM, but limited winger :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Dude good players nothing on the level with the best.
Can is another Sturaro
Matuidi run and run but lacks everything else
Pjanic seems to be our only starting point.
Khedira is ready for retirement.
Bentancur is too young to be relied on the highest lvl.

Our current midfield is decent but not up there with the best.

Midfield "quality" is questionable. We don't have a single WC player in that position. They're all either too limited, too inconsistent, ageing, lacking in experience, or simply not good enough.

The defense is a 7+ (only because of Chiellini), the midfield is like a 6+ and the attack is a 9+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)