Summer mercato 2021-22 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
https://www.juvefc.com/atalanta-makes-an-anti-juventus-decision-on-gomez/

"Atalanta is open to allowing him to leave this month, but Calciomercato says that they have made it clear that he wouldn’t be allowed to join Juventus or Inter Milan."
I thought Sevilla bought him.
Anyway Gomez is not what we need - He is a good player who can assist which is great but as for goal threat but with the right coach I think Dybala can be double as good.
We dont need Gomez - What we need are few things:
1. Goal scorer CF
2. Strong winger IF Ronaldo leaves although I think we can arrange something from our own team (still a coach will be needed to make this happen)
3. CM CM CM - If we dont get a CM its all worth nothing.
4. A.Sandro completely lost it - Gosens would be a good purchase
5. Important as no`3 - a real coach.

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
When will they quit with those free players?

Sell Perin, Alex Sandro, Frabotta, Bonucci, Ramsey, Rabiot, Bernardeschi nd Douglas Costa.
Go for Goosens, Pellegrini and Romero back, Auoar, Locatelli, Traore or De Paul and Boga.

Only sell Ronaldo if you can find a good replacement. And that s almost impossible.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
When will they quit with those free players?

Sell Perin, Alex Sandro, Frabotta, Bonucci, Ramsey, Rabiot, Bernardeschi nd Douglas Costa.
Go for Goosens, Pellegrini and Romero back, Auoar, Locatelli, Traore or De Paul and Boga.

Only sell Ronaldo if you can find a good replacement. And that s almost impossible.
Only sell Ronaldo if you can get Haaland

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh please.

In Max’s first 3 years I can give majority of examples of us taking the game to big time opponents in CL. First year, we took game to Real Madrid in both legs, went to toe-to-toe with them and came away with well-deserved win. Against Barca we had a poor opening 20 minutes than took the game to them for the next 50 minutes. Tied it up and were pressing for the go-ahead goal, with majority of pressure on their end before they hit us on the counter with their world class attack of Messi-Suarez l-Neymar in their prime. A good example of how playing “proactively” doesn’t mean you are going to win against the best teams.

The next year against Bayern, we had a poor opening 65-70 minutes, but then dominated them for the last twenty to tie 2-2 in first leg. We could have gone to Allianz and played for 1-0 win, with our injury depleted squad it would have been understandable, but instead we dominated them for 70 minutes, scoring twice, and also a third that we were robbed of by a blind incompetent linesman as Morata was a metre onside that time. We burnt out due to that 70 minutes of running our asses off dominating them with multiple starters out injured or just come back from injury and not fully fit, and they made the come back thanks to Evra brainfart. Again, perfect example that proactive game doesn’t mean you gonna win against teams with players just as good as yours.

Third year we cruised past Porto easily in Rof16, then smashed Barca 3-0, and scored a 4th that got called offside even though it wasn’t iirc. In return leg We also dominated at camp nou, and only very poor finishing allowed that game to finish 0-0 instead of another 3-0. We then smashed a Monaco team 4-1 over two legs that all the pundits were saying played the best and most beautiful footie that season. In the final we controlled the tempo for first 45 minutes, Madrid hit us on the counter again to take 1-0 lead, we pressed hard still and tied it up, before two of our most important players picked up knocks, Mandzukic and Pjanic, and we absolutely collapsed and were destroyed in second half. Didn’t help that two of our best players in CL that season Dybala and Alves choked and were absolutely terrible that game. We were also playing one of the greatest CL teams of all time with 3 straight wins and 4 in 5 years.

The last two years under Max we definitely played more reactively on the counter but that was in part due to squad declining further and further.

It’s like you guys are naive enough to think we were gonna go up against teams with inarguably superior squads like Real Madrid and Barca, and possibly Bayern too, and dominate them for the full 90, and they just wouldn’t be able to do a thing. :lol: They have top players, coaches, and tactics too. It’s not like they just gonna roll over and die if we press them.
Obviously we played well in some of those of matches you mentioned, we wouldn't have progressed otherwise. And I'm not saying we can dominate Bayern and Real for 90 minutes either. What I'd rather see is smart football where we can press and dominate for portions of the match. As much as I would like us to do so in the fashion of the current Bayern, it takes time to get there and may not work for everyone. I don't recall us being anywhere near that level under Allergi in those matches you mentioned, which, mind you, is fine because we had a great defense to fall back on. Plus I can't remember specific details of matches 6 years ago. But regardless of that, I don't want Allegri back because we need someone to lead us into a new era, sort of like what Conte did. Allegri is good at using what he has but I want this club to go in a different direction instead of putting on more bandaids, IMO.

And that includes the transfer policy with all these not-so-freebies that don't fit in.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Reports are just hilarious.
Now some report on the "most reliable site" says a swap between Ronaldo and Hazard.
I know Hazard hasnt lived up for expectations but I highly doubt it.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Reports are just hilarious.
Now some report on the "most reliable site" says a swap between Ronaldo and Hazard.
I know Hazard hasnt lived up for expectations but I highly doubt it.
Don't read too much into it. I don't think Perez would accept CR7 comeback. He's obsessed with Mbappe and he will sign him in the end.

Our best bets are now PSG and MU imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)