Summer mercato 2021-22 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know you are maybe joking, but I have to ask since you post this daily and maybe is serious. Do you realize Fabian has been awful two seasons in a row right? He was very good first season with Ancelotti, then seriously poor 2nd season with Ancelotti until he got fired. And been downright bad under Gattuso, his gazetta average is like 5.50, that's seriously awful.

Seems like the rumours to Real and Barca after the first breakout got in his head. Looking like a pretender ever since. Maybe needs a change of scenery, but he has not being doing himself and Napoli any favours for a long time now.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I know you are maybe joking, but you realize Fabian has been awful two seasons in a row right? He was very good first season with Ancelotti, then seriously poor 2nd season with Ancelotti until he got fired. And been downright bad under Gattuso, his gazetta average is like 5.50, that's seriously awful.

Seems like the rumours to Real and Barca after the first breakout got in his head. Looking like a pretender ever since.
@Lion doesn't know because he misses all the napoli matches

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I know you are maybe joking, but I have to ask since you post this daily and maybe is serious. Do you realize Fabian has been awful two seasons in a row right? He was very good first season with Ancelotti, then seriously poor 2nd season with Ancelotti until he got fired. And been downright bad under Gattuso, his gazetta average is like 5.50, that's seriously awful.

Seems like the rumours to Real and Barca after the first breakout got in his head. Looking like a pretender ever since. Maybe needs a change of scenery, but he has not being doing himself and Napoli any favours for a long time now.
@Lion doesn't know because he misses all the napoli matches
i dunno if he is good or not i never watched him play.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sell CR7, AS and Ramsey

bring in Perin, Pellegrini, Gosens, Rugani, Aouar, Locatelli, Zapata and Depay

- Tek (Perin)

Cuads (Danilo) - Bonucci (Demiral) - De Ligt (Rugani) - Gosens ( Bernardeschi)

- Mckennie (Bentancur) - Locatelli (Arthur) - Aouar (Rabiot)

- Chiesa (kulusevski) - Dybala (Zapata) - Morata (Depay)

young technical and athletic

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We didn’t play “slow, do not concede at all costs, lazy football” under Max for 4.5 years. If you think we did, you just weren’t paying attention or watched or games with over-the-top preconceived bias. I already dispelled the nonsense that some spew about how we were always just conserving energy for 1-0 wins. It simply wasn’t true.
I disagree. Was one of my pet peeves watching those matches.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought he said himself that 1-0 wins were his favourite wins?
He was always saying how we can't concede, not even one goal.

- - - Updated - - -

How many coaches are trying to adapt to that, modern, as you call it, style of game? And how many are failing on the way with equal quality in their squads?

We are just one of many if we throw our dna out the window like that.

It was exactly that classic approach that got us that far/made us punch above our weight at times in the CL, and now people make it sound like it was holding us back...
Well, the proof is sort of in the pudding here. We've had a lot of really good squads over the years, especially Capello's. Yet it amounted to nothing in Europe. Not saying we should lose "grinta", but we need something more, especially when taking the match to the opposition.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sell CR7, AS and Ramsey

bring in Perin, Pellegrini, Gosens, Rugani, Aouar, Locatelli, Zapata and Depay

- Tek (Perin)

Cuads (Danilo) - Bonucci (Demiral) - De Ligt (Rugani) - Gosens ( Bernardeschi)

- Mckennie (Bentancur) - Locatelli (Arthur) - Aouar (Rabiot)

- Chiesa (kulusevski) - Dybala (Zapata) - Morata (Depay)

young technical and athletic
fuck zapata, dude is like 30 in a couple of weeks

the fact that you're keeping rugani, bernadeschi and perin tells me there's a reason why nobody would hire you as a sporting director.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Perhaps the Euros and Coppa America will help us showcase and offload some of our 'talents', and with the world cup coming in 2022 some players can't afford the Khedira treatment.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I disagree. Was one of my pet peeves watching those matches.

- - - Updated - - -

He was always saying how we can't concede, not even one goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the proof is sort of in the pudding here. We've had a lot of really good squads over the years, especially Capello's. Yet it amounted to nothing in Europe. Not saying we should lose "grinta", but we need something more, especially when taking the match to the opposition.
Oh please.

In Max’s first 3 years I can give majority of examples of us taking the game to big time opponents in CL. First year, we took game to Real Madrid in both legs, went to toe-to-toe with them and came away with well-deserved win. Against Barca we had a poor opening 20 minutes than took the game to them for the next 50 minutes. Tied it up and were pressing for the go-ahead goal, with majority of pressure on their end before they hit us on the counter with their world class attack of Messi-Suarez l-Neymar in their prime. A good example of how playing “proactively” doesn’t mean you are going to win against the best teams.

The next year against Bayern, we had a poor opening 65-70 minutes, but then dominated them for the last twenty to tie 2-2 in first leg. We could have gone to Allianz and played for 1-0 win, with our injury depleted squad it would have been understandable, but instead we dominated them for 70 minutes, scoring twice, and also a third that we were robbed of by a blind incompetent linesman as Morata was a metre onside that time. We burnt out due to that 70 minutes of running our asses off dominating them with multiple starters out injured or just come back from injury and not fully fit, and they made the come back thanks to Evra brainfart. Again, perfect example that proactive game doesn’t mean you gonna win against teams with players just as good as yours.

Third year we cruised past Porto easily in Rof16, then smashed Barca 3-0, and scored a 4th that got called offside even though it wasn’t iirc. In return leg We also dominated at camp nou, and only very poor finishing allowed that game to finish 0-0 instead of another 3-0. We then smashed a Monaco team 4-1 over two legs that all the pundits were saying played the best and most beautiful footie that season. In the final we controlled the tempo for first 45 minutes, Madrid hit us on the counter again to take 1-0 lead, we pressed hard still and tied it up, before two of our most important players picked up knocks, Mandzukic and Pjanic, and we absolutely collapsed and were destroyed in second half. Didn’t help that two of our best players in CL that season Dybala and Alves choked and were absolutely terrible that game. We were also playing one of the greatest CL teams of all time with 3 straight wins and 4 in 5 years.

The last two years under Max we definitely played more reactively on the counter but that was in part due to squad declining further and further.

It’s like you guys are naive enough to think we were gonna go up against teams with inarguably superior squads like Real Madrid and Barca, and possibly Bayern too, and dominate them for the full 90, and they just wouldn’t be able to do a thing. :lol: They have top players, coaches, and tactics too. It’s not like they just gonna roll over and die if we press them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Inter definitely don't have a better overall squad. Better starting eleven maybe but we have by far the better overall depth.

- - - Updated - - -

You're severely underrating our squad. Yes we don't have many wc players but this is not some squad full of jabroni's. Talent is definitely there but this team badly needs some coaching and some finer aspects of this should be looked into as well.

What we are lacking is a coach, a disciplinarian who would whoop these players' asses, get them into shape and have them play with purpose and intensity. Atm we are playing lazy, lethargic football with no purpose and I feel it's a reflection of the coaching that has gone into it.
We lack pace, flair, grinta and above all we lack balance. We have random players that Tici thought they'd build a team. Inter have a team, we have players.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What makes you so sure Cunte wouldn't have failed against Porto? he couldn't even beat shakhtar and get the results he needed vs Monchengladbach in the group stages this season and crashed out of Europe all together for it.

Lets not even touch on how cunte did vs galatasaray and benfica....
Player wise we have better team than Inter and better mentality - Put aside Pirlo and let Conte be at the helm and we would have probably be good enough to beat Porto.
Im not saying we would have won the cup, I just think we would have advanced another stage.

As for Galatasaray - Come on you cant really blame him for the last game - It wasnt really a football game but more of a coin toss which Galatasaray won and that was the result they needed.

No one knows what would happen with a different coach but I think its fair to say its more likely we would have gone through with a coach that knows what he is doing...

Anyway it doesnt really matter as Conte is not here and I doubt he would be back here after the whole thing between him and Agnelli.
Lets just hope we get a good manager for next season and not stay with our incompetent coach.

- - - Updated - - -

We lack pace, flair, grinta and above all we lack balance. We have random players that Tici thought they'd build a team. Inter have a team, we have players.
I think Paratici has a hand in our failure. With Sarri we failed to show we are good and with Pirlo I cant blame him for anything but voting for him (if he is one of his supporters).
Transfer wise - He had some good and bad signings so tough to just blame him for it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
current juve squad is similar to the one between 98-2001. lots of good players but was it a team?

edit: before some of you peasnats come in say "actually none of the players now were as good" i mean in terms of overall feel of squad.

@JCK @JuveJay

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
There is no cookie cutter way to compete well in the ucl but there is always been a pattern which juve dont have.

1. Strong midfield: (1 creative playmaker, One defensive rottura player and one box to box)
-Real madrid had Kroos Modric Casemiro
- Liverpool had henderson fabinho and wijnaldum
- bayern had alcantara kimmich and goretzka

We dont have anything in Ramsey rabiot mkennie bentancur etc...

2. Super offensive fullbacks
-Real madrid had Marcelo and Carvajal
-Liverpool had Robertson and Arnold
-Bayern had Pavard and Davies

We have Sandro (who isnt good enough offensively) and Danilo who is better defensively, not that good offensively either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)