Summer mercato 2021-22 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fuck Guardiola, but Zidane would be a very interesting option indeed, should he become available. Zidane came back and won La Liga, without Ronaldo, and 3 consecutive CL triumphs is the stuff of dynasties - nothing to be scoffed at.
For sure, but Zidane is as Italian as foreign coaches come. He helped create a dynasty at Madrid by balancing both sides of the game, attack and defend, and adapting to the personnel available to him, which were significantly superior to anything we had here. I’d say we very likely would see are team look a lot more stable, organized, and solid at the back, just like we would with Max.

I’d be happy signing Max or Zidane. Even Simeone (fuck that interista lol). Those 3 are the only elite level proven at a top club coaches that I think could actually get this club to perform in league and CL with the squad we currently have. This squad would be an absolute disaster for coaches like Klopp, and Guardiola too. It’s too haphazardly constructed for them, with too many players that don’t suit their more narrowly defined tactics.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
For sure, but Zidane is as Italian as foreign coaches come. He helped create a dynasty at Madrid by balancing both sides of the game, attack and defend, and adapting to the personnel available to him, which were significantly superior to anything we had here. I’d say we very likely would see are team look a lot more stable, organized, and solid at the back, just like we would with Max.

I’d be happy signing Max or Zidane. Even Simeone (fuck that interista lol). Those 3 are the only elite level proven at a top club coaches that I think could actually get this club to perform in league and CL with the squad we currently have. This squad would be an absolute disaster for coaches like Klopp, and Guardiola too. It’s too haphazardly constructed for them, with too many players that don’t suit their more narrowly defined tactics.
Neither one of those is going to burn their image with an incomplete squad here. Let's be real.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Neither one of those is going to burn their image with an incomplete squad here. Let's be real.
Of course they won’t be winning CL with the current squad, but they’ll be dominating domestically, while at least being competitive in Europe, instead of being complete rubbish like we’ve been under Sarri and Pirlo

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He shouldn't, because he has 0 credentials.
I don't care about credentials. I care about results and he's been improving the play despite a failure off a squad. We'll finish second and let's face it; inter simply have a better squad and basically had zero injury crisis... I'm all for a top coach but in reality, we just can't...

Of course they won’t be winning CL with the current squad, but they’ll be dominating domestically, while at least being competitive in Europe, instead of being complete rubbish like we’ve been under Sarri and Pirlo
Nobody would dominate domesticlaly with this squad. But the point was no one of them would freaking want to take this poisoned juve job... We have a mediocre squad and very little money to improve it. Why on earth would any of those coaches leave their luxury positions?

We shouldn't have fired Max at the time but he's definitely not waiting for an Agnelli call now.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Inter definitely don't have a better overall squad. Better starting eleven maybe but we have by far the better overall depth.

- - - Updated - - -

You're severely underrating our squad. Yes we don't have many wc players but this is not some squad full of jabroni's. Talent is definitely there but this team badly needs some coaching and some finer aspects of this should be looked into as well.

What we are lacking is a coach, a disciplinarian who would whoop these players' asses, get them into shape and have them play with purpose and intensity. Atm we are playing lazy, lethargic football with no purpose and I feel it's a reflection of the coaching that has gone into it.

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Inter definitely don't have a better overall squad. Better starting eleven maybe but we have by far the better overall depth.

- - - Updated - - -

You're severely underrating our squad. Yes we don't have many wc players but this is not some squad full of jabroni's. Talent is definitely there but this team badly needs some coaching and some finer aspects of this should be looked into as well.

What we are lacking is a coach, a disciplinarian who would whoop these players' asses, get them into shape and have them play with purpose and intensity. Atm we are playing lazy, lethargic football with no purpose and I feel it's a reflection of the coaching that has gone into it.
It appears that Max is a victim of his own success and the opposite applies to Pirlo. Max overachieved and that led to people overestimating the quality of the squad and therefore not giving him enough credit. Let's face it, considering the competition our squad shouldn't have been anywhere near a CL final.

And now it's the other way arround. The squad is not as bad as people make it out to be. It's certainly better than what we had the last 2 seasons and not worse than anything we had after 2015. But because Pirlo has been so bad at his job, the players seem worse than they are and so it appears that he is doing better or at least not as bad as he actually is.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Imo it's not just the coach. I'm in the first lines to say Pirlo should be fired but our issue lies also deep within our squad. Looking at our mid I'd say we could easily sell (almost) all of them instantly. The quality they add is minimal imo. Our defense is also quite fragile and incosistent. Ronaldo is also a huge question mark.

A new coach, good one at it, wouldn't do much with our current team. Chiesa and De Light are two big deals we managed to pull off to rely for the future. Morata and McDonalds were also good. The rest can be easily put on the market from mid, and even some defenders.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

Inter defenitely dont have a better overall squad - Yeah they dont but they play better as a team because they have a coach.
Better starting eleven maybe - Nope, just better coach...

Im not saying we are great as we are far from that but Im saying we would be looking much better if we get a coach who plays Juve as a team and not as individuals.

Anyway a makeover seems to be on the agenda so lets wait and see

- - - Updated - - -

The problems I hvae with firing Pirlo now is that there are no star coaches available and certainly not at a low cost. Plus Pirlo is obviously improving.

It's not his fault Bentancur had a complete brain fart, Morata missed 2 sitters, Dybala is absent, we're forced to overplay 36 yo Ronnie because we have no backup striker and so on and so on...

He hasn't done what we all wished for but cut the guy some slack. He has circumstances against him and is obviously working with an incomplete shitty squad.
Is he? Seems like a meteoric improvement - Maybe in 20 years he could promote us from Serie B and we could fight for the Scudetto again...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Inter defenitely dont have a better overall squad - Yeah they dont but they play better as a team because they have a coach.
Better starting eleven maybe - Nope, just better coach...

Im not saying we are great as we are far from that but Im saying we would be looking much better if we get a coach who plays Juve as a team and not as individuals.

Anyway a makeover seems to be on the agenda so lets wait and see

- - - Updated - - -

Is he? Seems like a meteoric improvement - Maybe in 20 years he could promote us from Serie B and we could fight for the Scudetto again...
any system with cunte in charge is far easier to learn even if its not suited for Europe than say Pep/Klopp or dare I say Pirlo's way

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
While it is true that the current squad is worse than what we had in 2015-2017, the same can be said about most of our opponents. In his two finals, Allegri faced 2015 Barcelona and 2017 Real Madrid. Those two teams were all-time greats, absolutely unplayable at their best. There is no team currently on that level, not even Bayern who are in my opinion certainly beatable.
Naah Bayern are amazing.
Barcelona of 2015 yes, Real of 2017? This Bayern > Real for me
Bayern have that thing that is so hard not to admire - Everything they do is so effective. No tiki-taka and stuff that some like but dont get you anywhere, just pure blitz!

- - - Updated - - -

any system with cunte in charge is far easier to learn even if its not suited for Europe than say Pep/Klopp or dare I say Pirlo's way
Klopp is great
Pep is great although I dont like his style (dont like tiki-taka)

Pirlo - Pirlo`s way is to do nothing and trust Ronaldo to save the day.. Nope Pirlo is not a coach!
If Pirlo is a coach then so are you and me...

Easier, harder... results speak for themselves - We look clueless.
Its funny to think Conte wouldnt have made us go through (he would probably fail at a later stage but not against Porto)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Judging what Elkann said and if we take note of who we sent to speak to the media after the loss (De Ligt and Chiesa) we are going youth rebuild. No better time than now. Hopefully we do it well and with quality and we open a new winning cycle.

We need to find our identity again, clean slate, get rid of the demons of passed European losses. Reload and go again, something sustainable. But we need to do it with quality, hungry, younger players paired with some experience in areas.

What that means for Ronaldo, I'm not sure. I could see him going, I could see him staying. El Chiringuito saying a return to Real could be possible

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Naah Bayern are amazing.
Barcelona of 2015 yes, Real of 2017? This Bayern > Real for me
Bayern have that thing that is so hard not to admire - Everything they do is so effective. No tiki-taka and stuff that some like but dont get you anywhere, just pure blitz!

- - - Updated - - -

Klopp is great
Pep is great although I dont like his style (dont like tiki-taka)

Pirlo - Pirlo`s way is to do nothing and trust Ronaldo to save the day.. Nope Pirlo is not a coach!
If Pirlo is a coach then so are you and me...

Easier, harder... results speak for themselves - We look clueless.
Its funny to think Conte wouldnt have made us go through (he would probably fail at a later stage but not against Porto)
What makes you so sure Cunte wouldn't have failed against Porto? he couldn't even beat shakhtar and get the results he needed vs Monchengladbach in the group stages this season and crashed out of Europe all together for it.

Lets not even touch on how cunte did vs galatasaray and benfica....

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Judging what Elkann said and if we take note of who we sent to speak to the media after the loss (De Ligt and Chiesa) we are going youth rebuild. No better time than now. Hopefully we do it well and with quality and we open a new winning cycle.

We need to find our identity again, clean slate, get rid of the demons of passed European losses. Reload and go again, something sustainable. But we need to do it with quality, hungry, younger players paired with some experience in areas.

What that means for Ronaldo, I'm not sure. I could see him going, I could see him staying. El Chiringuito saying a return to Real could be possible
I’m not sure how I feel about a youth rebuild. Not sure it’s the right moment either. We don’t seem to have the greatest youth scouts or a functional youth academy. There’s rarely anyone worthy of mention coming out of there.

But for the sake of argument let’s say we do find the right youngsters. We don’t have the same foundation as we did years back. A lot of inconsistencies and honestly lack of talent in the current squad, so we’ll integrate the youngsters without having that solid base to back them up and serve as guidance. Then they don’t perform as we expect because given our situation anyone who joins the club will be expected to do better than what we currently have. That’s some mighty expectations there.

The team is in shambles right now. We need proven quality not more gambles that might or not pay off.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Conte has a decent squad but this is Serie A, an average league and of the 'top' teams they're Europa League at best. Its so clear that only Juve and very recently Atalanta can match up to the better European teams. Conte's biggest failing is that he is a stubborn old school dinosaur, you need some degree of intelligence in Europe to be able to switch and adapt mid-game. Against Porto we came out in the second half with the right mentality but as we hit extra time, Pirlo should've changed up even more to get us over the line because Porto would've won the penalties anyway. Sure we made mistakes but there was so much time to wrap that game up.

As for us we have a solid backbone and certainly enough talent to go deep into the CL to lose to one of the heavyweight teams like Bayern, not Porto. There is enough there for most managers but Pirlo the donkey still persists with stupid formations and crappy game plans that have cost us this season. Sarri said certain players are untrainable and that is true to some extent, but in that case you need to get the best from your squad as opposed to forcing them in weird roles that they can't do. Conte at least buys the correct players for his rigid system and makes it work while Pirlo still can't decide what he wants to do.

Train the players and make them comfortable in a fixed system. Let them thrive, accommodate the talented ones and trust the players to do the job. Stop confusing them Pirlo and flipping train them properly. This is down to the manager, the day we get to Bayern in a semi final and lose then you fix that through the transfer market to take you one step further. Aouar and Locatelli won't suddenly take us to Bayern's level.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I’m not sure how I feel about a youth rebuild. Not sure it’s the right moment either. We don’t seem to have the greatest youth scouts or a functional youth academy. There’s rarely anyone worthy of mention coming out of there.

But for the sake of argument let’s say we do find the right youngsters. We don’t have the same foundation as we did years back. A lot of inconsistencies and honestly lack of talent in the current squad, so we’ll integrate the youngsters without having that solid base to back them up and serve as guidance. Then they don’t perform as we expect because given our situation anyone who joins the club will be expected to do better than what we currently have. That’s some mighty expectations there.

The team is in shambles right now. We need proven quality not more gambles that might or not pay off.
I think we need to turn the page, if not now then when? It's a risk, of course it is, like I said it needs to be a mix of quality and younger players. What is the alternative really? I think we can sort of pass the reigns onto players like De Ligt, Chiesa, Morata. To a lesser extent as we probably need more time but players like Arthur, Mckennie etc. Rely on players like Danilo, Cuadrado, Bonucci etc. We really need to decide what we are doing with Dybala though and Ronaldo

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think we need to turn the page, if not now then when? It's a risk, of course it is, like I said it needs to be a mix of quality and younger players. What is the alternative really? I think we can sort of pass the reigns onto players like De Ligt, Chiesa, Morata. To a lesser extent as we probably need more time but players like Arthur, Mckennie etc. Rely on players like Danilo, Cuadrado, Bonucci etc. We really need to decide what we are doing with Dybala though and Ronaldo
Now is the time to turn the page. Agree. Or competition is getting better and the league is balancing out. 9 years on the trot is a lot but if other clubs can find hot talent we should be able to as well.

We seriously have issues around youth we need to move beyond. And yes, the Dybala & Ronaldo issue needs to have a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiesa, for example, is 22/23 and I don't think he has ever played in the CL until this year and he seems to carry the weight just fine, no? The talent is out there we just have to be willing to play it. And for our standards at Juve, 20-23 years old is youth to me and a big step. Younger, great, but I'm ok with younger 20's being the focus

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Now is the time to turn the page. Agree. Or competition is getting better and the league is balancing out. 9 years on the trot is a lot but if other clubs can find hot talent we should be able to as well.

We seriously have issues around youth we need to move beyond. And yes, the Dybala & Ronaldo issue needs to have a solution.
I think we were caught somewhere in between two decisions, I think we thought we could overhaul ideas and parts of the squad with youth and still get the scudetto. You can't go half in with anything, clear choices must be made and expectations have to be tempered if we do commit to a rejuvenation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)