Summer mercato 2021-22 (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
If Ronaldo were to leave then we'd definitely replace him with another striker, someone who would look to score at least 20 goals, because that's basic comment sense as we'd need another starting striker. You can't replace him with Muriel and expect Muriel to score 30 goals, for example, but we've now got goals from Chiesa, Morata, and Dybala will score if he returns to fitness, but you also need 6, 7 or 8 goals from guys like Kulusevski, McKennie, Ramsey (or replacement - De Paul?) and 3 or so each from one central defender, a CM and/or a fullback, etc.
Wouldn't it be a safer bet to have a striker who guarantees you a minimum of 20-25 goals per season than having to rely on goals coming from midfield?
In an ideal world, you'd want to have both. A reliable goalscorer as well goals coming from multiple positions across the pitch.
For that to happen some players need to step up, shoot more often, get into goalscoring positions etc. Currently I only see Chiesa having that (selfish) streak. Maybe that'll happen once we move on from Ronaldo since he takes the bulk of our shots.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Wouldn't it be a safer bet to have a striker who guarantees you a minimum of 20-25 goals per season than having to rely on goals coming from midfield?
In an ideal world, you'd want to have both. A reliable goalscorer as well goals coming from multiple positions across the pitch.
For that to happen some players need to step up, shoot more often, get into goalscoring positions etc. Currently I only see Chiesa having that (selfish) streak. Maybe that'll happen once we move on from Ronaldo since he takes the bulk of our shots.
Just improve midfield. That will give us goals, make us dominant and make "lesser strikers" score more as well. Dybala, Morata and Chiesa is a fine attack. Kulu as he develops, is a good sub. Another substitute striker will do but ffs fix midfield.

And get Gosens; our left side is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Bringing Modric would be great but considering his recent links with Inter, their Serie A win, they will be a more attractive destination.

Modric next to Arthur and a dynamic midfielder is perfect
Let's not make the same mistake time and time again. He'll be 36 when next season starts... We even let Pirlo go at 36.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Having both would be nice but you won't see us suddenly score 100 goals per season, i.e. we aren't going to win games 4-0 that we would otherwise 2-0, Juve don't do that. It's not part of our DNA as it is for Real Madrid or Man Utd that when they get on top they have to destroy and embarrass the opponents. We'll still score largely the same amount of goals, 70-80, as we have done since we became a good team.

My point is that we need to diversify how we score goals, and that losing a 30 goal striker is a considerable risk but doesn't mean you suddenly stop scoring goals. Elite strikers win you games, that's the risk you take losing them, but this hasn't stopped us losing important CL games. In short, Ronaldo can't make the difference on his own, and I think age does play a part when you are playing as much as he's had to. Having said that, I noticed how it was declared as the "end of an era" with neither him or Messi in a QF for the first time in 16 years, so don't be surprised if he comes back next year with a point to prove, and hopefully more rest in his legs and better support than he had this season.

The other issue is this - do you have faith that Paratici could adequately replace Ronaldo with a top striker and top midfielder? He's made some big signings but the big transfer window signings won't be happening this summer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Having both would be nice but you won't see us suddenly score 100 goals per season, i.e. we aren't going to win games 4-0 that we would otherwise 2-0, Juve don't do that. It's not part of our DNA as it is for Real Madrid or Man Utd that when they get on top they have to destroy and embarrass the opponents. We'll still score largely the same amount of goals, 70-80, as we have done since we became a good team.

My point is that we need to diversify how we score goals, and that losing a 30 goal striker is a considerable risk but doesn't mean you suddenly stop scoring goals. Elite strikers win you games, that's the risk you take losing them, but this hasn't stopped us losing important CL games. In short, Ronaldo can't make the difference on his own, and I think age does play a part when you are playing as much as he's had to. Having said that, I noticed how it was declared as the "end of an era" with neither him or Messi in a QF for the first time in 16 years, so don't be surprised if he comes back next year with a point to prove, and hopefully more rest in his legs and better support than he had this season.

The other issue is this - do you have faith that Paratici could adequately replace Ronaldo with a top striker and top midfielder? He's made some big signings but the big transfer window signings won't be happening this summer.
100%

I remember under Conte you saw goals come in from everywhere. Our CBs were scoring, mid was scorings etc. Under Max and particularly when we had MVP, our midfield was scoring loads of goals as well as producing for the offense. Just because you have a 30+ striker doesn't mean much if the other 8-9 field players don't also pick up the slack from time to time. That was always the key to our success in Italy IMO was because we had other players in other positions that could get 3-4 goals a season that don't usually score goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Just improve midfield. That will give us goals, make us dominant and make "lesser strikers" score more as well. Dybala, Morata and Chiesa is a fine attack. Kulu as he develops, is a good sub. Another substitute striker will do but ffs fix midfield.

And get Gosens; our left side is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not make the same mistake time and time again. He'll be 36 when next season starts... We even let Pirlo go at 36.
Man, amen. An improved midfield would make a massive difference here. Huge with this offense. Our offense is better than Inters, but Inters midfield makes that entire team looks 10 times better. Barella, brozovic, etc..they make it all click from front to back and makes the offenses job much easier.

We can literally fix our midfield by only shopping in Italy.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
SMS should be also a name for the summer, this guy has to finally change the club, would love to see him here. Personally i would probably prefer him over Pogba too.
SMS and Locatelli would be sweet additions to our MF.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Wins duels due to his physicality means he's dominating in the defensive part of the midfield. Rabiot isn't clueless in attack, he just gets timid sometimes with the chaos that is Pirlo system these days, but he has shown that he can make great runs on multiple occasions. He also has a good passing range and accuracy.

Again, my point is not that Rabiot is the greatest midfielder we can ever get, but rather the lack of logic in thinking Locatelli is an upgrade in our current setup.
There is more to defensive aspect than duels - Positioning, blocking pass situations and interceptions.
McK is great defensively. Rabiot is just a strong in terms of physicality but thats about it.

Locatelli is miles ahead of Rabiot - He will be a good purchase in terms of quality but I think we need an attacking minded midfielder more than Locatelli (even if he is very good)

- - - Updated - - -

SMS should be also a name for the summer, this guy has to finally change the club, would love to see him here. Personally i would probably prefer him over Pogba too.
Now reports say we will probably rebuild the team.
I expect us to sell Demiral as he can fetch money and we could really use the money right now.
Same reports say we would try to offload Ronaldo because of his wages - I think its a smart idea even if he is a great player.
We need to re-build but we need a good attacking coach that could bring young talent to excel. Gasperini even if I like others more is the obvious answer.
Meanwhile reports continue to confirm Pirlo - I hope its going to change when the season ends.

- - - Updated - - -

I`d love us to get SMS but I dont think we should expect a big name.. maybe Locatelli but thats about it..

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Rabiot is doing a very good job and dominating the midfield in big matches. He is being criticized by some just because they want to bash a Juve midfielder since the narrative is always that our midfield sucks. He's also a French international and someone who PSG never wanted to lose but he chose to leave.

What did Locatelli do to make him a level above Rabiot?
It's a narrative that is undenyably true, it is glaringly our weakest point by far. I don't think he is dominant at all. Does he have good games every now and then? Yes he does, but he switches off and plays poorly far too often. He also has a habit of picking up stupid cards and personally I think he is rather weak and sometimes timid considering his size. He doesn't score, he doesn't assist, he doesn't dictate play, and his defensive output or work in the middle doesn't come close to compensate for that. How about this though, I'd get rid of Bentancur and Ramsey before him, but would still ideally like him replaced as well as we could and should do better.

From what I have seen, Locatelli contributes more on both ends of the pitch. But I do not see him as a savior to us, just a solid player that would be a good buy and overall improve our midfield.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
locatelli
pasalic/malinovksy
gosens

call it a day
We will have a better midfield but we would still be missing on a midfielder that can make things happen.
Malinovsky is doing well because he plays for Atalanta - I do think he is a good player but the system certainly helps.
Gosens - A.S has lost it.. Gosens will be an upgrade.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We can't be throwing away all of our experienced players and replacing them with guys with less experience of winning. We need to keep a balance, don't want to end up like Manchester United. Let's look at how Bayern Munchen and how they managed to go through a generational shift without becoming less competitive.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What do you guys think of Belotti? Would you get him?
To me he is the most underrated striker in Serie A. Almost always plays well and he is also IIRC the player who receives the most fouls.
He is a very good team player and is explosive in front of goal.
Torino is a really really crappy team so if he plays great there it means he can be useful.

There is one big problem about Belloti though - Torino will not hand him that easily and he might consider a Juve move a betrayal of Torino who he seems to be very attached to.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Its silly to talk about players being signed until we know who our next coach is.

Miss me with that bullshit if you believe for a second Pirlo is here next season.
But who is Agnelli hiring ? What Italians are out there as viable candidates for the role? Unless we’re talking about the Spalletis of the world

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We can't be throwing away all of our experienced players and replacing them with guys with less experience of winning. We need to keep a balance, don't want to end up like Manchester United. Let's look at how Bayern Munchen and how they managed to go through a generational shift without becoming less competitive.
We are not selling all players - The plan is to combine who is already playing well while removing the ones that burden the club.
For example - Rabiot is the best example for this as he definitely isnt worth his wages.
Dybala might be considered as well but its not certain.
Demiral could fetch a lot of money.
Bonucci might also be on the table

You can bet some players are going to stay such as Chiesa and McK (probably MDL as well)

Ronaldo is a big question as reports say we want him to leave so we could clean his insane wages but on the other hand its tough to call him a burden as he is still one of the best scorers the game has ever known...

- - - Updated - - -

Its silly to talk about players being signed until we know who our next coach is.

Miss me with that bullshit if you believe for a second Pirlo is here next season.
I hope you are right although reports are pretty conclusive about Pirlo staying.
When we had Sarri - most reports said he wont continue although there were others as well..

- - - Updated - - -

But who is Agnelli hiring ? What Italians are out there as viable candidates for the role? Unless we’re talking about the Spalletis of the world
Gasp would be perfect in terms of our team but if we make major changes who knows..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Tuttosport:

"The club will reportedly sit down with Cristiano Ronaldo to discuss their talisman’s future in Turin.

But the youngsters brought in at the Allianz Stadium are sure to stay at the club, as the report claims Arthur Melo, Rodrigo Bentancur, Weston McKennie, Dejan Kulusevski, Federico Chiesa, and Adrien Rabiot should be guaranteed another chance next term.

Juventus have already told agent Mino Raiola that Matthijs de Ligt is not for sale, whilst Rabiot could have several offers but the Old Lady are looking to keep the French midfielder.

Juan Cuadrado, Danilo, Leonardo Bonucci and Wojciech Szczesny are also essential for the project going forward, according to Tuttosport.

The players mentioned to be in doubt ahead of this summer’s transfer market would be the veteran goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, Federico Bernardeschi, Giorgio Chiellini, Merih Demiral, Radu Dragusin, Paulo Dybala, Alvaro Morata, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Meanwhile, Alex Sandro, Gianluca Frabotta and Aaron Ramsey are tipped to leave the club this summer."
Bentancur and Rabiot guaranteed...meanwhile ditch our legendary sub keeper, Dragusin, Demiral and Morata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)