Summer mercato 2021-22 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The big problem with keeping Rabiot is his immense salary, probably double of what Locatelli would make. And he'd probably deliver us a few bucks by selling. So it's definitely a no-brainer.
That I agree with. His salary is unjustified. I also mentioned in my list to sell/keep that I would consider offers for Rabiot if they are actually going to net us some good cash. If so, I hope we don't spend it on Locatelli.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Locatelli should be the top target, not impossible that we could get him in a Chiesa type of deal with delayed payment, making it easier to spend money in other areas. Plus most importantly just like Chiesa (and Zaniolo btw) he is a beast and part of a new generation of italians that are actually massively talented.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Locatelli should be the top target, not impossible that we could get him in a Chiesa type of deal with delayed payment, making it easier to spend money in other areas. Plus most importantly just like Chiesa (and Zaniolo btw) he is a beast and part of a new generation of italians that are actually massively talented.
Danilo De Ligt Demiral Goosens

Arthur Locatelli Aouar

Chiesa Dybala
Morata

Cuadrado Bonucci Dragusin Pellegrini

Mckennie Fagioli Bentancur

Kulu Damsgaard
Someone

Blow it up

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I can get behind this. I like Kean, and I don't like Rabiot.
Yeah, I think the same. We could get rid of this soft snowflake on unreasonable wages and gain a proper backup striker. This should make room for Locatelli who will be an upgrade anyway.

We need a buyer, first and foremost. At this point CR7 seems unsellable to me. Other than that, with whom do we replace him?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
@Xperd

Let's hypothetically assume that we had to pick between these two scenarios:

1. We keep CR7, we don't have any funds to buy anyone this summer so we enter next year with the same team as this year, give or take. Perhaps we get another freebie midfielder who is no better than the ones we currently have.

2. We sell CR7 and we don't get an adequate replacement (only a backup level forward). We now rely on Morata, Dybala and Chiesa in attack. However, we strengthen our midfield with the acquisitions of Locatelli, Aouar and De Paul

Do you stick with what we have or do we gamble?

Jun 16, 2020
Surprised to see some wanting zaniolo. Dybala has missed this season and so many are writing him off yet zaniolo has missed a gazillion games of football had two serious knee injuries and its ok for him to join.

@K.O - you make a valid point re. Rabiot vs locatelli. I think we all got our hopes up last season when rabiot starting to hit form then disappointed for most of this season. He is again starting to perform but in comparison to locatelli this season, he has not.
Zaniolo would depend on his recovery, but it’s interesting to follow it and if he’s successfully recovers, he might be worth the gamble.

This interview was 3 months ago;

Petrachi did also discuss Roma's signings during his tenure and confirmed Nicolò Zaniolo is wanted by Juventus.
“[Roger] Ibanez and [Gonzalo] Villar are very interesting young players. Roma can rely on them for the next ten years. We signed all the players that we wanted.
“As for Zaniolo, Juventus have always been in love with him. He is a pure talent. He’s always behaved well when I was at the club. He is becoming more mature. He looks older than his age, he also overcame important personal difficulties.”

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Just on rabiot and his salaries...the question is what can we get for 7m net per season? I would think we could get a better player than rabiot for that kind of money.

Locatelli isn't the solution...he is part of the solution. We cant offload ramsey and rabiot and only bring in locatelli. Need a second midfielder to join with fagiola getting more chances as well. That way we have enough rotation through midfield to not burn out as we did this season.

Ronaldo is bein absolutely bashed in the media by everyone after the porto game. I think he will end up leaving...they keep saying he was the wrong transfer to make...but the wrong transfer to make was selling pogba and spending that ridiculous amount of money on higuain. We brought in pjanic but needed another top class midfielder also. We lost pirlo vidal and pogba and only brought in pjanic who could be considered quality at the time.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Just on rabiot and his salaries...the question is what can we get for 7m net per season? I would think we could get a better player than rabiot for that kind of money.

Locatelli isn't the solution...he is part of the solution. We cant offload ramsey and rabiot and only bring in locatelli. Need a second midfielder to join with fagiola getting more chances as well. That way we have enough rotation through midfield to not burn out as we did this season.

Ronaldo is bein absolutely bashed in the media by everyone after the porto game. I think he will end up leaving...they keep saying he was the wrong transfer to make...but the wrong transfer to make was selling pogba and spending that ridiculous amount of money on higuain. We brought in pjanic but needed another top class midfielder also. We lost pirlo vidal and pogba and only brought in pjanic who could be considered quality at the time.
You can't criticise Marotta he could do no wrong brought hernanes sturaro lemina after we sold pogba

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we decide or are forced to go with Ronaldo for one more season, and that means that we can't invest in other areas, then perhaps we might go with a short-term solution? The midfield is obviously our Achilles' heel. It's unfixable without lots of money, which we don't have. Can we then improve it without money?
I'm thinking of an extremely short-term solution, to add brains to a brainless midfield for only one season. In short, Modric's contract with Real Madrid expires this summer.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
@Xperd

Let's hypothetically assume that we had to pick between these two scenarios:

1. We keep CR7, we don't have any funds to buy anyone this summer so we enter next year with the same team as this year, give or take. Perhaps we get another freebie midfielder who is no better than the ones we currently have.

2. We sell CR7 and we don't get an adequate replacement (only a backup level forward). We now rely on Morata, Dybala and Chiesa in attack. However, we strengthen our midfield with the acquisitions of Locatelli, Aouar and De Paul

Do you stick with what we have or do we gamble?
Well if you put it that way, I'd have to go with scenario 2 for sure but first I'd need to understand what our spending capacity would be if we kept Ronaldo till his contract runs out and sold/sacrificed other players instead like Dybala and co.

I believe we should move on from both Dybala and Ronaldo but not both in the same summer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck No! No to Modric. He's turning 36 in September, and he's been in a state of decline since the World Cup.

He won't come here on a short term deal (2 years minimum probably) and he won't be cheap (salary demands).

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rabiot is doing a very good job and dominating the midfield in big matches. He is being criticized by some just because they want to bash a Juve midfielder since the narrative is always that our midfield sucks. He's also a French international and someone who PSG never wanted to lose but he chose to leave.

What did Locatelli do to make him a level above Rabiot?
Rabiot is not dominating anything. He wins duels due to his physicality but thats about it.
He is not defending well and usually he is clueless when attacking.
He isnt the type who knows how to press well and doesnt fit our philosophy.

Its not because he belongs to our midfield.
McK is also a midfielder and even when not bursting forward to be an attacking threat, he always defends very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)