Summer mercato 2021-22 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Morata is better than Icardi everywhere. Heck, even mentally and we know Morata can be a child sometimes.

Homerism gone too far. Morata is better then Icardi in most things except what's most crucial. Consistently scoring 20+ goals per season for his team.

If Icardi was in Chelsea or Atletico he would still most likely be their main nr 9 and not discarded like an underwhelming bad habit.

I cant stand Icardi, but he is a consistent top scorer type nr 9 when he plays full seasons. While Morata struggles to cement his place in teams, and lacks in the area of consistently scoring throughout whole season to help carry his teams.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Morata is better than Icardi everywhere. Heck, even mentally and we know Morata can be a child sometimes.
:shifty:
Icardi has scored 25+ goals in almost every season with Inter bar his final season where he was sent to the stands for that spat with Spalletti.

Morata has never scored 25 goals in a season in his entire career.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
When Morata is truly up for it, I prefer him to Icardi. I just think he brings his teammates into the game better and he counters better. When he's rolling on the ground or sulking, forget it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When Morata is truly up for it, I prefer him to Icardi. I just think he brings his teammates into the game better and he counters better. When he's rolling on the ground or sulking, forget it.
This is the consistency issue in nutshell. He has to be up for it. He cant deliver for you with regularity. Icardi won top scorer with 29 goals and proved he can deliver to you regularly, with few other seasons of 20+ goals and so on.

Morata is better with the ball and more of a counter threat, but finishing and around the box its Icardi easily.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Look Im not disagreeing about Morata better than Icardi in almost everything but there is one super important element that Icardi is way better and that's finishing.
If we want to be a serious team we need 2 things in terms of attack - one is to create and the second is to finish what we have created.
Morata ticks the first for his role but he is definitely not a goalscorer.
Icardi ticks the second one but he doesnt tick the first one and considering he is a striker I think it is more important to score than to be able to assist.

Im not saying I want Icardi as I want others way more than him but if we do get him - he will be ahead of Morata for the CF role.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the consistency issue in nutshell. He has to be up for it. He cant deliver for you with regularity. Icardi won top scorer with 29 goals and proved he can deliver to you regularly, with few other seasons of 20+ goals and so on.

Morata is better with the ball and more of a counter threat, but finishing and around the box its Icardi easily.
Or in other words what Osman said..

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

It also depends on what other players are in your team. If you pick a striker to play with a goal scoring winger like Salah in a team that counters, maybe you pick Morata. If you need a striker to play in tons of possession with a beast like KDB behind him, like Man City, maybe you pick Icardi.

Of course at Juventus we don't know what style we're playing so might as well pick Iaquinta.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It also depends on what other players are in your team. If you pick a striker to play with a goal scoring winger like Salah in a team that counters, maybe you pick Morata. If you need a striker to play in tons of possession with a beast like KDB behind him, like Man City, maybe you pick Icardi.

Of course at Juventus we don't know what style we're playing so might as well pick Iaquinta.
Lets have a nr 9 that score alot of goals and leads the attack.

Worry about the rest when we have the luxury to do so. For now Morata is not that player and we shouldn't pretend he is.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The same thing was said about Chiesa
Not me. I've seen Chiesa play and always knew he's a class player, I just thought the 60m fee was a bit excessive. I also saw Locatelli and know he's absolutely not the answer. Don't get me wrong, he's good but I put him on par with Rabiot if not lower.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not me. I've seen Chiesa play and always knew he's a class player, I just thought the 60m fee was a bit excessive. I also saw Locatelli and know he's absolutely not the answer. Don't get me wrong, he's good but I put him on par with Rabiot if not lower.
I can't think of anyone else but this deal will get done as Juve are in pole position for him

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We need midfielders who can retain possession under pressure. This is an area where we are sorely lacking

With Bentancur and Rabiot, every time we are up against a high intensity team we know exactly what to expect from these two. Endless turnovers and no control of the game.

Arthur has shown us exactly what we are missing with his composure. However, ball retention is his only strength and he has too many serious flaws in the other parts of his game.

Locatelli provides athleticism, defensive stability and good ball retention. Aouar and De Paul provide ball retention with penetration in the final third. That is what we need.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The best part is him benching De Paul for McKennie :lol:
@Alen

Locatelli is meant to be part of a better whole, where we would ideally still have at least one more quality midfield purchase. He's still a great player, I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Rabiot.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Locatelli is good but we need UCL proven midfields or we are gonna watch yesterday's match all over again
Sure..send us the worlds best from bayern and real but let's be more realistic. We need more than one midfielder so locatelli at 40m or 50m is more realistic than us trying to land us players from the worlds best clubs.

Further to nedved96s comments on Arthur...we look a lot more composed and controlled when he is on the field. Add locatelli to the mix and we suddenly have a solid midfield. I also have no doubt if bentancur or rabiot played with both Arthur and locatelli in midfield they would perform a lot better as well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Jesus christ so many of you obsessed over locatelli and who will lead attack when the focus should be on getting Fabian to lead the midfield.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not the answer I can understand but he is much better than Rabiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)