Summer mercato 2021-22 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well if you put it that way, I'd have to go with scenario 2 for sure but first I'd need to understand what our spending capacity would be if we kept Ronaldo till his contract runs out and sold/sacrificed other players instead like Dybala and co.

I believe we should move on from both Dybala and Ronaldo but not both in the same summer.
Let's say we move on from both by the summer of 2022. What will our attack look like come September 2022?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we decide or are forced to go with Ronaldo for one more season, and that means that we can't invest in other areas, then perhaps we might go with a short-term solution? The midfield is obviously our Achilles' heel. It's unfixable without lots of money, which we don't have. Can we then improve it without money?
I'm thinking of an extremely short-term solution, to add brains to a brainless midfield for only one season. In short, Modric's contract with Real Madrid expires this summer.
If we keep Ronaldo, the best we could wish for are some financially flexible signings from Serie A clubs who'd be interested in loans, installments and swap deals. Best case scenario is getting Locatelli and De Paul with Fagioli being involved somehow.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
not expecting much, probably sell Ronaldo, because of his wages, in this case best scenario would be Pogback in a trade.
Locatelli seems to be like also a great target. we should do a big revamp, Dybala will be sacrificed too imo. Just play 433 then with Chiesa/Kulu/Cuads and one other (Costa) on the wings. Get a striking option to fight for the first spot with Morata - who? no idea really
For midfield we should stick with 5-6 options for 433. Sell Ramsey and we are left with Benta, Rabiot, Arthur, McKennie, Fagioli. Would probably try to offload both of Benta and Rabiot. Get Pogba and Locatelli in their places, dont expect much more here.
In defence :
RB - MdS should come back for backup spot and fight with Danilo
CB: Bonu, Demiral and De ligt + Dragusin if Chiello is out
LB: Sandro + another LB is needed, maybe we can deal with Frabotta and MdS tho.
Thats all, dont expect much more

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we keep Ronaldo, the best we could wish for are some financially flexible signings from Serie A clubs who'd be interested in loans, installments and swap deals. Best case scenario is getting Locatelli and De Paul with Fagioli being involved somehow.
Last summer I was against De Paul. I now believe I was wrong. By that point I haven't seen much of him, and when I have, he didn't play well. I got to watch more Udinese matches this season and I think he's quality. His would be a nice signing. After that, I'd still add brains to this midfield next season. If not Modric, I'd even try a one-year loan for Pjanic. I'm talking strictly about next season, because imo that will be the make or break season.If we make some rushed decisions this summer, they might fuck us up for a long long time, as it happened with Milan and Inter. We need to stay calm and avoid mediocrity just because it's cheap. But we must remain competitive. Since we can't do wonders in midfield, let's at least temporarily improve it.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Rabiot is not dominating anything. He wins duels due to his physicality but thats about it.
He is not defending well and usually he is clueless when attacking.
He isnt the type who knows how to press well and doesnt fit our philosophy.

Its not because he belongs to our midfield.
McK is also a midfielder and even when not bursting forward to be an attacking threat, he always defends very well.
Wins duels due to his physicality means he's dominating in the defensive part of the midfield. Rabiot isn't clueless in attack, he just gets timid sometimes with the chaos that is Pirlo system these days, but he has shown that he can make great runs on multiple occasions. He also has a good passing range and accuracy.

Again, my point is not that Rabiot is the greatest midfielder we can ever get, but rather the lack of logic in thinking Locatelli is an upgrade in our current setup.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Last summer I was against De Paul. I now believe I was wrong. By that point I haven't seen much of him, and when I have, he didn't play well. I got to watch more Udinese matches this season and I think he's quality. His would be a nice signing. After that, I'd still add brains to this midfield next season. If not Modric, I'd even try a one-year loan for Pjanic. I'm talking strictly about next season, because imo that will be the make or break season.If we make some rushed decisions this summer, they might fuck us up for a long long time, as it happened with Milan and Inter. We need to stay calm and avoid mediocrity just because it's cheap. But we must remain competitive. Since we can't do wonders in midfield, let's at least temporarily improve it.
I'd easily pick Modric for even two seasons over De Paul. Luckily Modric is a wizard, not a pure DM, so his age won't be as big of a deal imo. I'd rather invest in some beast DM/box-to-box type next to Modric. Somebody like our old Vidal or Radja from old days. Even if we keep Ronaldo I believe we can get some fresh blood if we manage to sell some of the dead wood.

Jun 16, 2020
Im wondering how much we could potentially earn next summer by selling players. We have a lot of them, or to much better said. And clubs are probably more willingly to spend money unlike last year, although it remains a issue as most clubs are broke.

On loan: Pellegrini, Costa, Rugani, De Sciglio, Perin, Pjaca

At Juventus: Ramsey, Bernardeschi, Rabiot, Ronaldo (?), Sandro (?)

U23: Peeters, Rafia, Coccolo, Del Sole, Vrioni, Marques (some of them will be 23 next year, I doubt that they want to stay in Serie C)

Retirement: Chiellini?

Out of contract: Sarri

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
So are you think along the lines of:
Chiesa Locatelli Arthur De Paul

Would that be enough to compete? Still feels a little light.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
The real question is, who will score 30+ goals for us like Ronaldo does if we sell him in the summer? Morata? Dybala? Icardi? Kean? Depay? No one is capable to to that.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The real question is, who will score 30+ goals for us like Ronaldo does if we sell him in the summer? Morata? Dybala? Icardi? Kean? Depay? No one is capable to to that.
We can have multiple scorers who will compensate for that. A few years ago we had a fantastic midfield that would provide tons of goals. It's probably time to find some balance.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You don't necessarily need a 30 goal striker. We signed Ronaldo to make the difference in big games, which he has sporadically done, but mostly it's been a failed project if you look at the CL.

If you look at our scorers over the last 10 seasons:
2011-12 - Marchisio, Vucinic, Matri 10, Vidal 7, Pepe 6, Del Piero 5, Quags 4
2012-13 - Vidal 14, Vucinic, Quags 13, Matri 10, Giovinco 9, Marchisio 8, Pogba, Pirlo 5, Licht 4
2013-14 - Tevez 21, Vidal, Llorente 18, Pogba 9, Pirlo 6, Chiellini, Marchisio, Quags 4
2014-15 - Tevez 29, Morata 15, Pogba 10, Llorente 9, Vidal 8, Pereyra 6, Pirlo 5, Bonucci 4
2015-16 - Dybala 23, Mandzu 13, Morata 12, Pogba 10, Zaza 8, Khedira, Cuads 5
2016-17 - Higuain 32, Dybala 19, Mandzu 11, Pjanic 8, Bonucci, Dani Alves, Khedira 5, Chiellini 4
2017-18 - Dybala 26, Higuain 23, Mandzu 10, Khedira 9, Pjanic 7, DC 6, Cuads, Berna 5, Benatia, AS, Matuidi 4
2018-19 - Ronaldo 28, Dybala, Mandzu 10, Kean 7, Pjanic, Can 4
2019-20 - Ronaldo 37, Dybala 17, Higuain 11, MDL, Bonucci, Ramsey 4
2020-21 - Ronaldo 27, Morata 16, Chiesa 11, McKennie, Kulu 5 (so far)

You can see that we had more diverse scorers before Ronaldo arrived, and scored just as many or more goals in total. The biggest loss is goals from midfield, but Ronaldo "steals" a lot of those by taking all free-kicks and penalties.

You can make a strong argument that teams with different options for goals are harder to stop.

Last edited:

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
We can have multiple scorers who will compensate for that. A few years ago we had a fantastic midfield that would provide tons of goals. It's probably time to find some balance.
I agree but even when we had scoring midfielders we had a 25+ goals per season finisher - Tevez. Good luck finding that kind of striker and at least two (since we have none) scoring midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't necessarily need a 30 goal striker. We signed Ronaldo to make the difference in big games, which he has sporadically done, but mostly it's been a failed project if you look at the CL.

If you look at our scorers over the last 10 seasons:
2011-12 - Marchisio, Vucinic, Matri 10, Vidal 7, Pepe 6, Del Piero 5, Quags 4
2012-13 - Vidal 14, Vucinic, Quags 13, Matri 10, Giovinco 9, Marchisio 8, Pogba, Pirlo 5, Licht 4
2013-14 - Tevez 21, Vidal, Llorente 18, Pogba 9, Pirlo 6, Chiellini, Marchisio, Quags 4
2014-15 - Tevez 29, Morata 15, Pogba 10, Llorente 9, Vidal 8, Pereyra 6, Pirlo 5, Bonucci 4
2015-16 - Dybala 23, Mandzu 13, Morata 12, Pogba 10, Zaza 8, Khedira, Cuads 5
2016-17 - Higuain 32, Dybala 19, Mandzu 11, Pjanic 8, Bonucci, Dani Alves, Khedira 5, Chiellini 4
2017-18 - Dybala 26, Higuain 23, Mandzu 10, Khedira 9, Pjanic 7, DC 6, Cuads, Berna 5, Benatia, AS, Matuidi 4
2018-19 - Ronaldo 28, Dybala, Mandzu 10, Kean 7, Pjanic, Can 4
2019-20 - Ronaldo 37, Dybala 17, Higuain 11, MDL, Bonucci, Ramsey 4
2020-21 - Ronaldo 27, Morata 16, Chiesa 11, McKennie, Kulu 5 (so far)

You can see that we had more diverse scorers before Ronaldo arrived, and scored just as many or more goals in total were scored. The biggest loss is goals from midfield, but Ronaldo "steals" a lot of those by taking all free-kicks and penalties.

You can make a strong argument that teams with different options for goals are harder to stop.
As I said above, good luck finding those scoring players. As you can see, a lot of players scored +10/15 goals back then. At the moment, bar CR, Morata, and maybe Chiesa amd Dybala if fit, i dont see anyone else scoring even 7+ goals for us. Imagine trying to replace cr7 and finding 15+ goalscoring midfielders. No way we are getting all of that.

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I agree but even when we had scoring midfielders we had a 25+ goals per season finisher - Tevez. Good luck finding that kind of striker and at least two (since we have none) scoring midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said above, good luck finding those scoring players. As you can see, a lot of players scored +10/15 goals back then. At the moment, bar CR, Morata, and maybe Chiesa amd Dybala if fit, i dont see anyone else scoring even 7+ goals for us. Imagine trying to replace cr7 and finding 15+ goalscoring midfielders. No way we are getting all of that.
The main point is we will save 50-60m per year which can be used to fixed other areas. We can just as easily not win Serie A and get embarassed in CL without Ronaldo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If Ronaldo were to leave then we'd definitely replace him with another striker, someone who would look to score at least 20 goals, because that's basic common sense as we'd need another starting striker. You can't replace him with Muriel and expect Muriel to score 30 goals, for example, but we've now got goals from Chiesa, Morata, and Dybala will score if he returns to fitness, but you also need 6, 7 or 8 goals from guys like Kulusevski, McKennie, Ramsey (or replacement - De Paul?) and 3 or so each from one central defender, a CM and/or a fullback, etc.

Last edited:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Tuttosport:

"The club will reportedly sit down with Cristiano Ronaldo to discuss their talisman’s future in Turin.

But the youngsters brought in at the Allianz Stadium are sure to stay at the club, as the report claims Arthur Melo, Rodrigo Bentancur, Weston McKennie, Dejan Kulusevski, Federico Chiesa, and Adrien Rabiot should be guaranteed another chance next term.

Juventus have already told agent Mino Raiola that Matthijs de Ligt is not for sale, whilst Rabiot could have several offers but the Old Lady are looking to keep the French midfielder.

Juan Cuadrado, Danilo, Leonardo Bonucci and Wojciech Szczesny are also essential for the project going forward, according to Tuttosport.

The players mentioned to be in doubt ahead of this summer’s transfer market would be the veteran goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, Federico Bernardeschi, Giorgio Chiellini, Merih Demiral, Radu Dragusin, Paulo Dybala, Alvaro Morata, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Meanwhile, Alex Sandro, Gianluca Frabotta and Aaron Ramsey are tipped to leave the club this summer."

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If we decide or are forced to go with Ronaldo for one more season, and that means that we can't invest in other areas, then perhaps we might go with a short-term solution? The midfield is obviously our Achilles' heel. It's unfixable without lots of money, which we don't have. Can we then improve it without money?
I'm thinking of an extremely short-term solution, to add brains to a brainless midfield for only one season. In short, Modric's contract with Real Madrid expires this summer.
Bringing Modric would be great but considering his recent links with Inter, their Serie A win, they will be a more attractive destination.

Modric next to Arthur and a dynamic midfielder is perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)