South American Football (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
A true legend, one of the best and last true playmakers.

With him that Argentina team in WC 2006 was the best that I have witnessed, such a beautiful and a joy to watch them, let alone his great days with Villlareal.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Nice goal :tup:

You know what's interesting? Brazil and Argentina have met 96 times, 36 wins for each and 24 draws. Roughly 150 goals scored by each. So it's fair to say OVERALL they're pretty equal teams.

But it's important to mention that most Argentina wins were in the 20's, 30's and 40's. While Brasil won most confronts in the 60's, 70's, 80's and from 1990' to today they won 15 of those 30 matches. Argentina won 10 and they drew 5.

So Brazil have the upper hand when it comes to most important titles and having better teams and results in the last 25 years.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

You know what's interesting? Brazil and Argentina have met 96 times, 36 wins for each and 24 draws. Roughly 150 goals scored by each. So it's fair to say OVERALL they're pretty equal teams.

But it's important to mention that most Argentina wins were in the 20's, 30's and 40's. While Brasil won most confronts in the 60's, 70's, 80's and from 1990' to today they won 15 of those 30 matches. Argentina won 10 and they drew 5.

So Brazil have the upper hand when it comes to most important titles and having better teams and results in the last 25 years.
but?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

whats your take on roman, hes generally really loved by brazilians

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Surely there is a but.

This one: but our team is such a shambles at the moment that a curling team would beat us 10 times out of 10.

:p
:lol: I think people over exaggerate the state the Brazilian team actually is today just because of what happened against Germany. As a good friend of mine well put, several reasons led to that one time humiliation and a poor performance overall. Cause be assured it'll never happen again. A number of things had to be in place for that to happen and i could name you many of them but i'll give you this:

When you have a clueless coach - who btw at one point asked the MEDIA, yes, the media for help - who insists in making your playmaker play as a holding mid/winger, picks a gk who had a hand surgery and was playing in the English second division, and gives the captain band to a crying lady boy who hasn't the balls to take a penalty, disaster is inevitable. When you combine so many wrong it becomes absolutely well deserved. This would have never happened with Dunga.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:lol: I think people over exaggerate the state the Brazilian team actually is today just because of what happened against Germany. As a good friend of mine well put, several reasons led to that one time humiliation and a poor performance overall. Cause be assured it'll never happen again. A number of things had to be in place for that to happen and i could name you many of them but i'll give you this:

When you have a coach who insists in making your playmaker play as a holding mid/winger, picks a gk who had a hand surgery and was playing in the English second division and gives the captain band to a crying lady boy who hasn't the balls to take a penalty, disaster is inevitable. When you combine so many wrong it becomes absolutely well deserved. This would have never happened with Dunga.
I was little harsh there. But I do know what you did last summer and how exasperated you were :D

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
whats your take on roman, hes generally really loved by brazilians
He was class in his day. Could have been bigger but it's a shame he never adapted to European Football.

He obviously didn't reach the level of greatness as the likes of Zidane... But imo he was on the same level as Gerrard and Pirlo.

- - - Updated - - -

I was little harsh there. But I do know what you did last summer and how exasperated you were :D
Haha :lol: Well, i believed in their talent. But really, that was such a girly team. The gayest - no homophobia intended - Brazil team in history. Crying over the anthem? Fuck, i could understand the first match, sure, playing at home for xxx thousand people. Sure, it gets emotional but that's it, from there on, focus. But then Neymar crying when the anthem was played in the third match against Camaroon? Fuck no. And Thiago Silva?

You have no idea how hated he is in his country. Brazil is still a very chauvinist and homophobic country and Footballers, especially if they play for the NT, are expected to be very macho man-like. And the way Silva acted - Being the captain and most experienced player there - was unforgivable to their eyes. He will be hated til the day he dies, like Barbosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)