Simone Zaza (8 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not saying at the same time. Let's say that a 4-3-3 is the formation of choice. IF that were the case, the Zaza would be deputizing Mandzukic, for instance.

Let me state again that I am not crazy about this deal, but if it is the gateway drug to Berardi at a good price, I suppose I can understand it.
Whats not to like about this deal per se? An up and coming half decent young striker for 11.5m, in a market where Bertolacci goes for 20m or Matri for 18m? 11.5m is a very competitive valuation. If you look at the bigger picture and argue the context of a fifth striker costing us that much with other priorities on our plate, that would be a separate discussion altogether, with enough variables. And a lot of people here are unfortunately judging the player before giving him a chance to see what he can do. This guy is going to surprise a few.

I like Zaza, he reminds me of Quag in the way he is so direct and I like players like that in a squad.

Whether he is worth 18m is a different matter though....
Fuck yea. :tuttosport:

That seems about right. This guy is a bit of a battering ram. He will get at defences and be a fox in the box, and even if he can't score, he will make his physicality a huge part of his off the ball game.

Unnecessary yet so expensive. We need an AM much more than a 3rd CF. Loaning out Matri for the 5th spot would be just good enough.
Expensive is an unfair assessment if you look at the player's age, position and valuation. One could argue that our priorities lie elsewhere, but that said, its clear Berardi is part of the bigger picture in this deal, and thats a player who will also be an integral part of our not so distant future. I don't think this is going to affect us signing an AM though, because its unlikely this 11.5m is going upfront anyway.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Whats not to like about this deal per se? An up and coming half decent young striker for 11.5m, in a market where Bertolacci goes for 20m or Matri for 18m? 11.5m is a very competitive valuation. If you look at the bigger picture and argue the context of a fifth striker costing us that much with other priorities on our plate, that would be a separate discussion altogether, with enough variables. And a lot of people here are unfortunately judging the player before giving him a chance to see what he can do. This guy is going to surprise a few.

Fuck yea. :tuttosport:

That seems about right. This guy is a bit of a battering ram. He will get at defences and be a fox in the box, and even if he can't score, he will make his physicality a huge part of his off the ball game.

Expensive is an unfair assessment if you look at the player's age, position and valuation. One could argue that our priorities lie elsewhere, but that said, its clear Berardi is part of the

bigger picture in this deal, and thats a player who will also be an integral part of our not so distant future. I don't think this is going to affect us signing an AM though, because its unlikely this 11.5m is going upfront anyway.
I'm not very fond of the player. However, I do understand that this is more likely than not the means to an end, with the end being Berardi.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
I like Zaza and I think he may develop into a very good striker but the argument that he cost 11.5 million is just wrong. He cost the whole 18 million. The fact that we have previously made money on him doesn't matter. If we didn't buy him this year we could have spent the full 18m (not just 11,5m) on someone else, for example Darmian, and be in the exact same financial position as we are right now buying Zaza for 18m.
This. I would've failed the basic financial management class if I used the 11.5 mil logic. It doesn't work that way in finance.

But I think this is a decent signing. He's mobile and direct. Thing I don't like about him is, he'll be Llorente's replacement :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)