Simone Zaza (11 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I really think that a lot of it depends on what formation(s) Allegri plans on using this year. Right now, he has a lot of options , to the point where all of us are getting headaches trying to figure out how he is going to use these players.
And that is a good thing.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I really think that a lot of it depends on what formation(s) Allegri plans on using this year. Right now, he has a lot of options , to the point where all of us are getting headaches trying to figure out how he is going to use these players.
Yeah, but I don't think we can afford to use both at the same time I think, at least not in a 433 as a lot of people seem to sugest.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The fact is we signed a striker that has so far shown he is not worthy whatsoever to be signed by a top club. Fiddle with numbers or not, paying 11.5m or 18m, for a 4th striker who has barely shown enough quality at all in lower levels, being signed by the best italian club, does not make sense for me. Defenitely see this as a strange signing in overall.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, but I don't think we can afford to use both at the same time I think, at least not in a 433 as a lot of people seem to sugest.
Not saying at the same time. Let's say that a 4-3-3 is the formation of choice. IF that were the case, the Zaza would be deputizing Mandzukic, for instance.

Let me state again that I am not crazy about this deal, but if it is the gateway drug to Berardi at a good price, I suppose I can understand it.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Not saying at the same time. Let's say that a 4-3-3 is the formation of choice. IF that were the case, the Zaza would be deputizing Mandzukic, for instance.

Let me state again that I am not crazy about this deal, but if it is the gateway drug to Berardi at a good price, I suppose I can understand it.
I just hope we don't push Morata out of position, that's my only concern

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I like Zaza, he reminds me of Quag in the way he is so direct and I like players like that in a squad.

Whether he is worth 18m is a different matter though....

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
I like Zaza and I think he may develop into a very good striker but the argument that he cost 11.5 million is just wrong. He cost the whole 18 million. The fact that we have previously made money on him doesn't matter. If we didn't buy him this year we could have spent the full 18m (not just 11,5m) on someone else, for example Darmian, and be in the exact same financial position as we are right now buying Zaza for 18m.

lucabrasi9tre

Apr 8, 2015
Could have got Matrinho for free. Im sure Milan would be glad to get rid of him since they keep loaning him out. But if this deal allows us to get Berardi for under 20M next year it will be worth it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I like Zaza and I think he may develop into a very good striker but the argument that he cost 11.5 million is just wrong. He cost the whole 18 million. The fact that we have previously made money on him doesn't matter. If we didn't buy him this year we could have spent the full 18m (not just 11,5m) on someone else, for example Darmian, and be in the exact same financial position as we are right now buying Zaza for 18m.
this, i cant believe all the number fudging to justify buying him

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's a bit of an oaf, is not a killer in front of the goal ( 11 goals highest ever in Serie A )
hes not. he is a good goalscorer infront of goal. 20 goals in 2 seasons in Serie A at the age of 23 prove that.

and can't create chances for himself.
he actually can. this actually tells me that you never even seen him play. he is very good with the ball

This is ridiculous, we needed a backup for Dybala, we payed millions for a guy that will never even play.
we play with 2 strikers. we now have Dybala, Morata, Mandzukic, Zaza, Coman. 5 players for 2 spots, they will all play enough

Even if Llorente it leaves us with 3 players who cost us roughly 60 mil for one position, and could've been in the market for an AM or winger if we didn't spent a combined 39 mil for Mandzukic and freaking Zaza ?

What would you prefer we spent that 35mil for a class AM and have Llorente as a backup for Morata or have Pereyra or Vidal start as AM ?
who would you buy for 35M instead?

also, thats not how things work. you cant say if we didnt buy player x for xxM and player y for yyM, we could have bought player z for zzM. Llorente is a player that is on too high wages for what he was offering he last season. offloading him is the most logical thing to do, and probably the last chance to sell him for pure profit. it would be ridiculous to try to keep him in this case. by adding Zaza, we gain a rotation striker that is on lower wages, who is a fighter on the pitch, who can score goals and knows what his role in the team is. he will be sitting on the bench always ready to come in and add that extra grinta and goal scoring threat upfront. i dont like the underestimating this kid gets just because we seemingly overpaid a bit for him.

also, if we were to be in the market for an AM or winger, that operation wouldnt depend on either Mandzukic or Zaza, or if we sell Llorente or not. we have the financial strength to pull such a move of (at certain risks though), and if a decent opportunity arose, a player that fits into the financial structure while also fitting in tactically and quality wise (which obviously wasnt the case), then Marotta would have done such a move. you cant blame him for not signing an AM or winger while signing Zaza, which are 2 operations that arent even nearly connected with each other.

Why didn't we exercise our right to buy him for 15m eur until June 30?
We're now paying 3m eur more for being 7 days late :confused:
there never was any official statement for the 15M buyback. the only thing reported was that we sold his half foir 7.5M to Sassuolo. it might as well never even existed for all we know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)