[SERIE A] Reggina Calcio 2-2 JUVENTUS (April 26th 2009) SUNDAY 15:00 CET (9 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Ranieri stays on another year, Giovinco should be sold. He's no friggin' Tinkerman, Thinkerman or even a man to be a honest. People think it's a joke to say Ranieri can ruin players, but what the hell is this nonense? Right before our eyes he's ruining players by making them sit on the bench, making stupid statements to the media, and overall just not making any sense. I'm sick of this nonsense. This needs to stop or else just sell Giovinco and get it over with, you goddamn dunderhead.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
My point exactly, what has happened to us, something is really wrong its beyond the coach (I'm not alienating him from the problem) but he can't do everything by himself, I don't knpw guys, what seemed as a resurgent season is looking like a hell of a dark one.
we really seem to have lost our hunger ... our players play like the milan players of last season, who seemed to have won enough titles and did not need to run and fight anymore...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Milan lost the chances for the scudetto ages ago. For months now, after the UEFA elimination, they're playing without any presure. They're enjoying a good form and it's not like they're playing for the 2nd place. They're playing for fun and they play to win because they owe a lot to their fans after last year's humiliation.

For us it's a bit different. Some 2-3 weeks ago we were still hoping for the scudetto and the coppa. Bad form hit us after that and the disappointment is huge. Our guys can't even play for fun and enjoy football the way Milan players can at the moment.
The board and Ranieri might see the 2nd place as the real goal, but for Del Piero, Camoranesi, Nedved or Buffon 2nd place could never be a real goal and they're bitter and disappointed at the moment.

That's why i expect our team to start playing better from next week. No presure at all anymore while the anger and disappointment will not be felt so much after a week of rest.
I hope i'm right here.
I hope you are right too! Personally, i never had any title hopes, esp after the summer transfer have destroyed our hopes, for both this and the next season.
But having sacrificed a season for some momentary gains, i did expected us to rank over Milan, considering their catastrophic start of the season.
Since we did not improve as a team, the only thing i can hope for, is that we will improve our position.
One year over Milan, is not that bad in my books, it actually means smth!
Thats the only satisfaction, i ever asked from Juve since Secco amputated our hopes...
It might sound silly for some, but it is important for me, as it is for some other fans...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I dont quite get that sorry is there a reference you can point me to?

This year both us and fiorentina has to qualify through the UCL knock out rounds. So despite the fact that our italian uefa coefficients have been poor once again I dont understand the reason why 3rd team would gain automatic qualification?
In the Misc Soccer section, Alen has opened a thread with a detailed explanation on how to reach the groups stages, it is much better than the one at the UEFA site.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Milan did have a bad mercato though. Apart from Zambrotta, all the others disappointed and the guy they sold (Gilardino) did much better than the guys who replaced him (Sheva and Borriello).
Ronaldinho didn't take them to the next level as they expected, Flamini was just a sub until a month ago, Borriello and Sheva contributed shit in attack, Senderos was another sub, so was Antonini.

People expected Milan to be the main favorite for the scudetto, and they obviously aren't. People were saying that they had a really superior mercato compared to ours, and we see them behind us all season long and only 2pts ahead of us now.

That did deserve laughs at the "experts" who envied Milan.
Our mercato has very little to do with that.
I think people envied Milan because at least they tried to add some quality to the side via Ronnie, Flamini et cetera. We on the other hand were stuck with Poulsen and Mellberg, players we knew wouldn't add anything.

That's the difference. I'd certainly trade our mercato for Milan's, all things considered.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
the comment was not directed at you in the first place but i guess it struck a little nerve. i am not saying we should have faith in ranieri, i am not saying this is a Juve to be proud of but i just cannot stand the bitching, whining and childishness of a lot of the member here who seem to think that success is their divine right
This is frankly nonsense, Boz. What do you expect? Afterall we are fans of the team and have a right to state our opinions.

Sometimes I think Mao would be more lenient running this site.

The people who complain about the complainers are just as annoying as the complainers themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)