[SERIE A] Reggina Calcio 2-2 JUVENTUS (April 26th 2009) SUNDAY 15:00 CET (2 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I'm disgusted with the way we are playing this season, and have nothing else to say that I haven't already said 1000 times this season :tdown:
You've been disgusted with the way we've been playing for the last 6 years.CRAPello,deCHUMPS,RUINieri..as far as you're concerned,the only man who can coach Juventus is Lippi.The good part however is that,it'll b difficult for you to twist Lippi's name incase he screws up.

Dec 10, 2006
You've been disgusted with the way we've been playing for the last 6 years.CRAPello,deCHUMPS,RUINieri..as far as you're concerned,the only man who can coach Juventus is Lippi.The good part however is that,it'll b difficult for you to twist Lippi's name incase he screws up.
But I don't think Lippi will come back to Juve. let's be realist! He won't left Italy no matter how he likes Juve!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Agreed. I picked Juve to finish third about halfway through the season this year, so it's not exactly a surprise. I would say a third-place finish would be fair given the personnel at our disposal on the team and the front office.

That said, this team had a chance to do the Juve thing -- which was to exceed expectations as something greater than the sum of its parts. We saw that against Real Madrid. We saw some of it against Chelsea. We saw it against Milan and even Roma.

But the late collapse this year, when you cannot blame injuries or any other obvious failures, is a tough one to swallow. Particularly because this is what we have all always ridiculed Inter over. A late season collapse like this has shown the team's truer colors, but we would have loved to have continued our suspension of disbelief ... in the little engine that could.

We couldn't, and the team today is listless. And for the fans, we have to remember that sports is entertainment. Capello didn't bring us much of any entertainment in our play, but at least we won and achieved some goals. This time we don't even have that much, which makes watching Juve play that much less entertaining and that much more painful.

The season is really over for us. But it would be nice to have some suspension of disbelief that the status quo is far from satisfactory for the players, the coach, and the board at Juve, and that we are promised positive changes coming soon.

I guess the only silver lining to all this is in what a footie-loving neighbor of mine across the street of me says: "I don't like teams that haven't suffered for what they've achieved." I'll take this Juve over the fair-weather-fan, gloryhound-ridden club we had a few years ago. And there's elation in suffering in B, getting back to the CL, etc. But this year really showed no progress over last year -- save for some limited European success -- and that is what's a little disappointing for me.
:tup: top post greg, some rep coming your way

maybe we could lie or hipnotize to an iraqi that coboli secco and ranieri are mr.bush mrs. bush and rice respectively, and commits a suicide with bombs near them, and we all get our problems solved...
Turk?is that you?

:lol: so true, yet he claims he loves DD despite all the desCHUMPs name calling, Vinny would only be happy with Lippi in charge, though i am very tempted to go back a few years and see what eh had to say about Lippi's disastrous last year in charge.......surely not that he would be unhappy then?

Marcelo LIMPi.

Done.
:lol:

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006

:lol:

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Oh man. I am just gutted.
I can't believe how everything is falling apart the way it just did. We suddenly tripped, and rolled down badly.
I honestly beleived that this Juve could pull the impossible, if we didn't lose it in the last miles, we would have been closer than ever to the scuddetto. But I guess this is how a champ is named. The extra miles, the strong finish.

I saw the goals yesterday and if Buffon was in his shape, those never would have gone in, especially that header. This is just sooo depressing.

Add to it, that no one is standing out to take the blame. They all chose to look in the other directions. They can't feel the pain of eyeing the cup, and almost touch it, then suddenly you get dragged away.

I stood today infront of a class to deliver a presentation, and the Juve logo was on my desktop. Couple of guys laughed. FML

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Oh man. I am just gutted.
I can't believe how everything is falling apart the way it just did. We suddenly tripped, and rolled down badly.
I honestly beleived that this Juve could pull the impossible, if we didn't lose it in the last miles, we would have been closer than ever to the scuddetto. But I guess this is how a champ is named. The extra miles, the strong finish.

I saw the goals yesterday and if Buffon was in his shape, those never would have gone in, especially that header. This is just sooo depressing.

Add to it, that no one is standing out to take the blame. They all chose to look in the other directions. They can't feel the pain of eyeing the cup, and almost touch it, then suddenly you get dragged away.

I stood today infront of a class to deliver a presentation, and the Juve logo was on my desktop. Couple of guys laughed. FML
then you bloody well remind them of what Juve really is. ffs its a club that is over 100 years old, not a club that has based their history on the last 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)