[Serie A] Napoli 1-0 Juventus [February 13th, 2021] (8 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
It's a clear penalty in the new rules that ruined football. Few years back this isn't going to be judged as a penalty.
:rofl:
So having a more fair game is considered a bad thing .
Sergio Ramos would agree.
And those are not new rules . They were always there . Just that referrers turned a blind eye when big teams were involved.
Well guess what ,with VAR they can't anymore and if they do they look way more stupid now.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Chiellini's reckless PK aside which should have never happened there's still no excuse not being able to score at least one past this shit Nipples, we got only ourselfs to blame for this result and could potentially end up costing us massively, decision making in the final third has been atrocious.

Really sad to have our 10th Scudetto hopes crushed this way, overall we had all the chances to score but shit ourselfs under the pressure.

Frustrating game to say the least.
Its not crushed yet
But it's very frustating to see this match. One moment of reckless act decide the match. I don't see Napoli has threat against us. But our game also very toothless. We just getting the momentum in the last 30 minutes but it seems our players quite tired after keeps playing every midweek. That's why its important to has lead early in the match and maintain it. Having Berna means we waste the 1st half.
Berna was a non factor in attack. We should have replace him earlier with Kulu or McKennie in the beginning the 2nd half.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
napoli missing their 2 starting cbs AND starting keeper.

their back up cbs and back up keeper have an excellent game.

every time. every fucking time these part time players play game of their lives against us

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
It was obvious that we tried to win this game by playing only 45 mins. The 1st half we were conserving energy for Porto, and tried to play it safe with possession. It`s the 2nd half where we started thinking about going forward and scoring goals.
This was to be expected as if I am not mistaken we will be playing 7 games in February. We can`t win them all, so one defeat was to be expected. At this point we think about Porto more than Napoli.

We expect Inter and Milan to have some hiccups too down the road, so that is where we will make it up. Everybody knows that the scudetto battle will go down to the wire so it would be crucial for us to have less injuries as possible.
If our players mange to stay injury free for the rest of the season we might even go on and win the Scudetto.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
So many fake fans on this forum. This defeat hurts bad, and it seems unlikely we will win the Scudetto this year. However, we have improved enormously the past couple of weeks, and overall we played great today. We lost due to individual errors and missing sitters, but we were absolutely the best team out there. Second half was a joy to behold- besides our finishing. I have full confidence in Pirlo for the future, and if we improve our midfield with at least one WC player, the future looks bright. Benta worst player today, but Rabiot was again having a good game and gets my vote. His passing and involvement both defensive and in attack have been great the past weeks - if only Berna and Benta did not play next to him

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #170
    I don’t think the scudetto race is over. For us it probably is, but isn’t over yet!
    I don't think it is either.

It will be over, however, if Pirlo continues to let Bentancur & Bernie ruin everything they touch by starting them.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    This midfield is the downfall of this squad. It doesn’t provide any protection to the backline, nor any assists for our attacking players.
    This.
    I actually thought Rabiot played one of his better games for us, but it's all so underwhelming.

That being said, if our approach to this game had been just half decent, we should have won even with that underwhelming midfield.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    So many fake fans on this forum. This defeat hurts bad, and it seems unlikely we will win the Scudetto this year. However, we have improved enormously the past couple of weeks, and overall we played great today. We lost due to individual errors and missing sitters, but we were absolutely the best team out there. Second half was a joy to behold- besides our finishing. I have full confidence in Pirlo for the future, and if we improve our midfield with at least one WC player, the future looks bright. Benta worst player today, but Rabiot was again having a good game and gets my vote. His passing and involvement both defensive and in attack have been great the past weeks - if only Berna and Benta did not play next to him
    You are reading to much into it .
    Most forum members are upset that we probably are not going to win our 10th scudetto.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Yeah this pretty much confirms it.

But imo the title race was over for us back in late December. The infamous round where we lost 6 points in one night.

And our performances in the “big games” in the league have been pretty mediocre for the most part. And downright awful against the lesser lights.

This is a shameful performance against one of the worst Napoli sides of the past 10 years. Players, coaches, directors should all be ashamed of what’s gone on this season. We risk not qualifying for the CL if we keep dropping points like this.
    Whilst there’s no denying that, I do believe our hot streak of form gave us a glimmer of hope. However, that glimmer was practically on the assumption that we’d have the Napoli points.

This was the moment where the team really needed to go out with the bit between their teeth and stake their claim to the Milans that we’re here and we’re gonna give them hell.

Instead we played an entire match that more or less was an embodiment for erectile dysfunction in over 50’s.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Bernardeschi - Bentancur - Rabiot lol. Cuckventus.

Pointless getting excited about this team, they don't have it in them, too soft in the middle. But I blame Chiellini for the defeat, not because it finished 1-0 but because it was so unnecessary and amateurish and killed our fragile confidence.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    How surprising outcome, nooot. Hard to see us winning the Scudetto if Peelan and Merda won't put on their usuall Lecce gear.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    @Elvin I watched it 100 times and I'm trying to convince myself it was penalty. I can't. The Napoli player wasn't getting the ball EVER.
    The ball doesnt matter. The hand hits his face. It's a pk.

Vs Inter Cuadrado wasnt ever getting the ball either but its still a pk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)