[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Roma (11/01/08) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Molinaro

• Tiago

• Del Piero

• Legro

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Ranieri, as much as i hate him, was SUPER today. controled the game and plaed some one touch footballand his subs were spot on IMO. when he is right he is right and i have to admit it, and it's as if he signed a new player in Tiago, impressive. lets hope we continue this form and atleast get a draw out oof Mardrid

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Wrong decision by Ranieri though. It should have been Ale instead of him.
Probably Ranieri wanted to keep Ale for the same reason he kept him vs Torino. Taking fouls when he can, kill the game....control the play etc.

Yea, but he is 34, you remember? :D
But he didn't stop running tonight, really.

As for others, lets really enjoy this win and not find something to bash, I mean even Molinaro is being praised

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
OMG , just saw the HL , this might be our best games in this season so far :weee: got a plenty of chance .
regarding Il Capitano goal , whoooaaa , i've never seen a masterpiece Freekick since a year of what , pure class :flag2:
yes , LOL , in the HL also shown Molinaro with some blizzard run and some proper crosses , hahaha .

:juve1:
Who's next ?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Big win by the boys last night and the important part was the performance which for me was excellent in terms of controlling the game especially since it was against a good team.

The way we maintained possession, defended and created chances was top notch last night. There were even some moments of beautiful touches between many players which is encouraging.

Tiago was superb imo, he was simply what was missing in the midfield. Someone who could maintain possession and do the small things right. I liked how he was getting stuck in with some challenges as well.

About the marchionni discussion. I didn't think he was that bad but quite effective. His crosses, passes and interplay was done very well and he took his goal superbly. He is showing signs of improvement over the past two games and i don't think all the criticism is warranted.

Finally, the captain..well he is our big game player and he isn't letting us down. Another big performance by him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Ален;1790092 said:
Why can't people admit being wrong ?

We couldn't hear the end of it when we weren't winning. "I told you so but you didn't listen" , "Ranieri will relegate us" and the same shit.
Now when we can't stop winning some of you guys can at least not make any comments instead of saying "The other team is in crisis", "It's not us that play well, it's the others that played bad" , "Ranieri did nothing, it's our stars who do everything".

I know you're just as happy for our wins as the rest of us are, but you really don't have to find excuses for being wrong, just like there was no need to brag only 2 weeks ago how you were right all along.
We are not the only team that has beaten Roma lately, in case you havent noticed.
Every single team that beaten them looked impressive. Roma, despite being in crisis holds a potential and the runner's up prestige, it is an honor for every team to beat them, an honor that overrates their pathetic performances,
they were not only rubbish against us, but they suck against everyone and thats an un-denied fact, even they admit.
You may ignore it, if you want to praise CR, but i am well aware that you know it for a fact!

Another issue you ted to ignore is the fact that our DMs are still injured
and CR's hand is forced to use an AMF, may it be Tiago or Neddy in that role,
CR proved in 2 year's time that this is not his personal choices
and some of us have been screaming that this is the right way to balance our team and gives the strenght to go onwards.
And yet, would never try such a thing, he is forced to do that now and should not take credit for this!
This is the first time we are trying a non 2DMs midfield line and the fact that our team seem to work better this way, only discredits CR.
He will just prove that when out first DM return...

I thought you have seen enough of him to know better...

Ален;1790119 said:
Oh, i don't want Ranieri either. This has a little to do with him.
I just disagreed with Cronios' post. Sometimes we have to give credit where it's due and some of us here don't want to do it because it may mean we were wrong in the past.

Now some poetry in these late hours ....

Ranieri :
“It was darkness a while back because it was too early, but I am starting to see a few rays of sunshine,” smiled the Coach after a 2-0 triumph over Roma.
“It will finally be real daylight only when I get all my players back from injury.”
Give credit for what? This situation is not CR's hand and even if it was, it is not enough to erase his previous mistakes that compromised our season,
we have 18/30 points, are you happy with that?
Or do you think that this determination boost will last forever??
We reached the bottom for some of our players to wake up and bounce back,
the more "we are out of danger and walk in heavens" $hit talks appear,
the faster we will degrade to our previous status.
You may have noticed that i dont make up my mind every week,
i wanted CR out, even before this season started and i am still convinced that he is not the right man to lead this team.
A month of consecutive defeats or a streak of 2 wins mean nothing for me.
But the momentum to get rid of him was there, right after we hit the bottom,
we couldnt do any worse back then, but if we discard him now, we risk to derail our team's newly found focus and determination!
We have no future with this man on helm, he has proved his incompetence, both directly and indirectly, soon or later, we will have to replace him, its inevitable,
we only lost a fine opportunity to do so.
CR refers mostly to himself, not to Juve, Juve is still in danger, the UEFA CUP positions we have now, shouldnt be supposed to be our final goal,
so we are still bellow expectations, but his place, on our bench is saved,
for the moment...

PS and i did gave him all the credit for his previous match and his subs
and most important our new found tactical,the first time i saw that,
but unnecessarily praising him, for smth that he didnt choose, seems unwise...
But i will praise him, if he does that, when he will have the choice not to do so!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Give credit for what? This situation is not CR's hand and even if it was, it is not enough to erase his previous mistakes that compromised our season,
we have 18/30 points, are you happy with that?
Or do you think that this determination boost will last forever??
We reached the bottom for some of our players to wake up and bounce back,
the more "we are out of danger and walk in heavens" $hit talks appear,
the faster we will degrade to our previous status.
You may have noticed that i dont make up my mind every week,
i wanted CR out, even before this season started and i am still convinced that he is not the right man to lead this team.
A month of consecutive defeats or a streak of 2 wins mean nothing for me.
But the momentum to get rid of him was there, right after we hit the bottom,
we couldnt do any worse back then, but if we discard him now, we risk to derail our team's newly found focus and determination!
We have no future with this man on helm, he has proved his incompetence, both directly and indirectly, soon or later, we will have to replace him, its inevitable,
we only lost a fine opportunity to do so.
CR refers mostly to himself, not to Juve, Juve is still in danger, the UEFA CUP positions we have now, shouldnt be supposed to be our final goal,
so we are still bellow expectations, but his place, on our bench is saved,
for the moment...

PS and i did gave him all the credit for his previous match and his subs
and most important our new found tactical,the first time i saw that,
but unnecessarily praising him, for smth that he didnt choose, seems unwise...
But i will praise him, if he does that, when he will have the choice not to do so!
To be fair to CR he had to make selection decisions for this game as they were not entirely dictated by the injury situation. There were still many options with neddy or camo playing in the midfield instead of Tiago but he kept his faith in the portugese player and he did very and gave an important edge in the midfield. Also other options like de ceglie, gio and even iaquinta were there to be made but he chose the right team and won convincingly.

Although Roma were nowhere near their usual form but they are still dangerous and have always created chances but we didn't give them an inch and hit them where it hurts by focusing on the flanks.

am sorry but he earned credit for this game.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
From June 4, 2007 until today is hardly one and a half years that Ranieri has been with us.
This means that he has 3 transfers windows and one and a half season to show his vision for our future and the deployment of all of his tactical plans.
We have seen enough, his pedigree also speaks for it self...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)