[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Roma (11/01/08) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match

• Molinaro

• Tiago

• Del Piero

• Legro

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Hmm, i cant help it not to get too excited for this win.
I know that it practically means nothing, i know that Roma misses a leader both off and on the field.
They have been weakened and they are currently near the relegation zone, after 10 match days.
I never hated them and i would feel pity for them.
But the things they said about us after calciopoli. The arrogance the hate...
i only feel sorry for not extending this win to a 3-4 - 0.
They said that we cant beat them without Moggi and the refs,
but here we are here, with the weakest team we ever had, facing them, with a presumably superior team and again the whiners miserable failed against,
so as they did last year...
This victory had a special meaning for players like Neddy and DP.
And they were there again, to make the difference and curry our team to heavens!!

Juve started to create a momentum, we needed that, very very much, right now...
Roma is and crisis, but we also are in crisis! We were in a deep crisi, just a few days ago.
Such an important victory can work wonders on our morale!!

We have suffered many times over, in the last years, because of Buffon's injuries. Buffon may be the best keeper at his best, but he is not reliable enough to depend on him for the whole season...
Keepers like Belardi and Chimenti made us suffer much more than the necessary... Thank God someone enlightened our managers and we got our selves a proper back up keeper!

On our left flank we suffer from the day we signed Molinaro.
On the first 35' Molinaro was out-runned and outplayed on our left wing.
He was very unstable defensive wise and he slipped 2-3 times, letting our left flank guarded, thankfully our CBs were present.
Such small details can make a huge difference in a derby like that.
Later on, esp at the second half, Moli improved, tried a couple of half decent crosses and also tried to involve himself, to our offensive play, providing support to Neddy and running his ass off really hard.
Honestly thats all, i am asking for him all these years.
I know that he will never learn to control the ball, to dribble with her, he will never learn to make a proper shoot cross, not even a proper pass.
But the least he can is run to the right direction!!! And he finally did that today, finally!!!
I know he lacks tactical awareness, so that should have been Neddy's guidance or CR's orders. I dont know yet which was, but i hope we will see more of this!

Legro was very solid and confident, despite the relatively long absence.

Chielini still feels mentally unstable and unfocused, but his great skills and instincts, make up for his rushed decisions!
He has been really helpfully and fortunately, Roma wasnt able to take advantage of his temperance and pressure us systematically...If he was unlucky enough to aim Doni, he could have been a scorer too!

Grygera really works better toothless, he seems faster and more confident, but he still has a lot to learn, before he will become useful offensive wise...

Neddy is a powerhouse, he really is a dynamo, he goes beyond human limits,
his strenght and determination are unreal! But i still believe that we should occasionally rest, so that he would be more efficient, when we call him...
I dont understand why we cant use Giovinco at all...

Sissoko, has been great once again, defensively, he controlled the center, but he failed to make the same impact he did some other times offensively.
He lost the ball a few times failed to deliver a few simple passes, making things complicated when they shouldnt. But he was useful overall. No one could directly go past him.

Tiago, some quite but efficient work, a more offensive version of the old Zanetti,
he effectively helped us to defend tracking down Roma players, esp Baptista and he was one of the reasons Roma was cut in pieces. He also delivered a few insightful a la Rui Costa threw passes. Another consecutive, positive appearance for the last year's "flop"

Marchionni was by far our worst player on the pitch at the first half,
he missed every ball, every pass and every cross.
For the first time at his carrier, he got the time to prove himself,
but it seems that his long injuries crippled his footballing skills.
He is now the half player, he once was at Parma.
The injury prone champion was lucky enough to score a goal though and most of the ppl may easily forget that he was the reason we wasted 6-7 chances...
Thank God Camo is back!

DP, playing at the wrong part o the field always made him nervous, this was Treze's place of action and he had no business there.
He was out-runned and he didnt feel the one who was rested at the beginning of the match. However our aspiring champion, is persistent, no matter the odds, he will always be there, trying as hard as he can. He will always assume responsibility and be the man Totti cant be...
He was called to take that FK, the match seemed to be tied.
We had the possession, Roma had the better chances. If we were not able to deliver smth more concrete forward, we could be in trouble, probably force to come forward less elegant and risk to concede.
There was a rising tension, our fans asking for someone to take the old lady from her hand and guide her to victory. DP knew all these, he knew that he is our captain, our leader, our icon, he felt that responsibility,
he took a deep breath, he focused and he performed/delivered a miracle!!!Once again!!
A trademark DP FK, i used to say like the old times, but not anymore, DP is still DP and he is here and now with us!

Amauri starts to look less nervous now, you could tell that he was feeling the tension at his first matches, he was anxious to deliver.
But lately he has been a consistent scorer, that really boosted up his confidence, so that he can properly be himself and do what he does best.
The "full" Amauri hasnt been unleashed yet, but we are starting to see a part of his abilities.

CR, hmm, he was just one step from being kicked out and suddenly, our team has been transformed and he starts making some plans and making sense subs.
I can figure out whats its happening with this man yet.
Its like someone pressed a switch and changed our team.
Did CR unleashed his superior coaching skills, taking all the risks he was afraid to make, after being threatened with expulsion.
Did he somehow managed, to threaten/convince our players to deliver for him and play with an unseen determination and focus.
Or all these are someone else's imposed plan/work
time will tell...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why can't people admit being wrong ?

We couldn't hear the end of it when we weren't winning. "I told you so but you didn't listen" , "Ranieri will relegate us" and the same shit.
Now when we can't stop winning some of you guys can at least not make any comments instead of saying "The other team is in crisis", "It's not us that play well, it's the others that played bad" , "Ranieri did nothing, it's our stars who do everything".

I know you're just as happy for our wins as the rest of us are, but you really don't have to find excuses for being wrong, just like there was no need to brag only 2 weeks ago how you were right all along.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ален;1790092 said:

We couldn't hear the end of it when we weren't winning. "I told you so but you didn't listen" , "Ranieri will relegate us" and the same shit.
That's why it's a lot safer to say nothing, like me. I'm feeling very conflicted because until recently I was convinced the Ranieri needed replacing, but now I'm not so sure. But you can't prove that so I'm still in the clear. :D

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
no doubt this win was good, 6pts in 5 days is always a :tup:

beating roma on paper is good but we all know that they are not on form ever since the season began. inexcusable and i am glad our team took advantage of it like so many others have

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1790092 said:

Now when we can't stop winning some of you guys can at least not make any comments instead of saying "The other team is in crisis", "It's not us that play well, it's the others that played bad" , "Ranieri did nothing, it's our stars who do everything".

I know you're just as happy for our wins as the rest of us are, but you really don't have to find excuses for being wrong, just like there was no need to brag only 2 weeks ago how you were right all along.
Well, I still don't believe in Ranieri. But that's just me.

When we were losing points, all sorts of people were saying fire Ranieri, not just those who have stood their ground and argued their opinions before the disasters started to occur. So one could then propose the question, why didn't the people who support Ranieri all the time admit they were wrong while we were losing?

But this stuff doesn't matter. The season is long and we'll be in for more shock results as time goes on. I think most of us want to see a Juventus side led by Ranieri that is consistent not only within a couple weeks, but consistent on a monthly basis. Sadly to say, we have not seen that yet in the last two years.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well, I still don't believe in Ranieri. But that's just me.

When we were losing all sorts of people were saying fire Ranieri, not just those who have stood their ground and argued their opinions before the disasters started to occur. So one could then propose the question, why didn't the people who support Ranieri all the time admit they were wrong while we were losing?

But this stuff doesn't matter. The season is long and we'll be in for more shock results as time goes on. I think most of us want to see a Juventus side led by Ranieri that is consistent not only within a couple weeks, but consistent on a monthly basis. Sadly to say, we have not seen that yet in the last two years.
Oh, i don't want Ranieri either. This has a little to do with him.
I just disagreed with Cronios' post. Sometimes we have to give credit where it's due and some of us here don't want to do it because it may mean we were wrong in the past.

Now some poetry in these late hours ....

Ranieri :
“It was darkness a while back because it was too early, but I am starting to see a few rays of sunshine,” smiled the Coach after a 2-0 triumph over Roma.
“It will finally be real daylight only when I get all my players back from injury.”

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ален;1790119 said:
Oh, i don't want Ranieri either. This has a little to do with him.
I just disagreed with Cronios' post. Sometimes we have to give credit where it's due and some of us here don't want to do it because it may mean we were wrong in the past.

Now some poetry in these late hours ....

Ranieri :
“It was darkness a while back because it was too early, but I am starting to see a few rays of sunshine,” smiled the Coach after a 2-0 triumph over Roma.
“It will finally be real daylight only when I get all my players back from injury.”
Never gonna happen :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1790119 said:
Ranieri :
:shifty: :lol: :jvefan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)