[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Roma (11/01/08) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Molinaro

• Tiago

• Del Piero

• Legro

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Are we gonna have a MoM poll?

I can't decide, really. Obviously Del Piero gave us all an orgasm with his freekicks and some of his skills, but Nedved had a great game too, so did Amauri, Tiago and Legrottaglie.

Even Marchionni and Molinaro were very decent yesterday!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
To be fair to CR he had to make selection decisions for this game as they were not entirely dictated by the injury situation. There were still many options with neddy or camo playing in the midfield instead of Tiago but he kept his faith in the portugese player and he did very and gave an important edge in the midfield. Also other options like de ceglie, gio and even iaquinta were there to be made but he chose the right team and won convincingly.

Although Roma were nowhere near their usual form but they are still dangerous and have always created chances but we didn't give them an inch and hit them where it hurts by focusing on the flanks.

am sorry but he earned credit for this game.
I am mostly referring to his choice of not fielding 2 DMs,
this has the largest impact in our team. We seem to have more tactical choices than ever and if we had a proper winger from the right, a stable defense and decent enough wing backs, we could really be a 2# contender.
By choice we chose not to strenghten our defense and we are now forced to use 2 DMs, only to cope with this issue. This unbalance our team and force us to attack with our wings alone,
we are becoming one dimensional, forcing to expect every thing from some hopeless long balls and some individual brilliance.
This is NOT a tactical plan and this was our only tactical plan for ages.
It was destined to fail inevitably...
But CR still insisted on that. Another major problem, would be that we were not using a CM to do the job of a second DM, but we were only using a hardcore DM, unable to deliver enough offensively.
For this particular choice i ve been bashing CR for over a year, now.
My main point of critic, on him! I dont hate his smiling face,i only hate the fact that he is not trying smth better. If he chances that, then i ll have no reason to hate him. (oh and the Molinaro favourism issue too)
He always had the choice to use Neddy, Camo, or even Tiago as CM and he could easily buy another quality CM this year.
But he never chose to do so, not until now, when his hands were tied.
And he had no other choice. So i will not praise him for his greatest weakness, feel free to do that and get ready to bite your tongue when Zanetti or Poulsen return...
Camo was not ready to start and even if he was starting as a second DM, his offensive skills and adaptivity can help him become useful at every position and handle us the tactical advantage of multidimensional forward line.
This is the very reason, we look so "sexy" and create some many scoring chances, than ever before, the cure to our chronic problems, that haunts for many seasons now...
DC was partially un-fit too and i see no reason to praise CR of not fielding him as a starter, when not fully fit. I see no reason to praise CR for not fielding Giovinco, even as a sub to rest Neddy, when we control the game in a 2-0 lead.
And i also dont see the reason, not to try Iaq, as a rotation, when he gets his form back. But having him as an option, we could also opt for the trident at times.
So what were CR's actual choices that i should praise?

As i said, time will tell if these were CR's choices, we will see how he responds when he will have his usual options available to him.
And not our injuries hand picking our starters for him!

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
this has the largest impact in our team. We seem to have more tactical choices than ever and if we had a proper winger from the right, a stable defense and decent enough wing backs, we could really be a 2# contender.
By choice we chose not to strenghten our defense and we are now forced to use 2 DMs, only to cope with this issue. This unbalance our team and force us to attack with our wings alone,
we are becoming one dimensional, forcing to expect every thing from some hopeless long balls and some individual brilliance.
But CR still insisted on that. Another major problem, would be that we were not using a CM to do the job of a second DM, but we were only using a hardcore DM, unable to deliver enough offensively.
My main point of critic, on him! I dont hate his smiling face,i only hate the fact that he is not trying smth better. If he chances that, then i ll have no reason to hate him. (oh and the Molinaro favourism issue too)
He always had the choice to use Neddy, Camo, or even Tiago as CM and he could easily buy another quality CM this year.
And he had no other choice. So i will not praise him for his greatest weakness, feel free to do that and get ready to bite your tongue when Zanetti or Poulsen return...
Camo was not ready to start and even if he was starting as a second DM, his offensive skills and adaptivity can help him become useful at every position and handle us the tactical advantage of multidimensional forward line.
This is the very reason, we look so "sexy" and create some many scoring chances, than ever before, the cure to our chronic problems, that haunts for many seasons now...
DC was partially un-fit too and i see no reason to praise CR of not fielding him as a starter, when not fully fit. I see no reason to praise CR for not fielding Giovinco, even as a sub to rest Neddy, when we control the game in a 2-0 lead.
And i also dont see the reason, not to try Iaq, as a rotation, when he gets his form back. But having him as an option, we could also opt for the trident at times.

As i said, time will tell if these were CR's choices, we will see how he responds when he will have his usual options available to him.
hmmm ... lots of good points in there :D ... keep it up!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

First of all i'm sick of people using the word DM so loosely, only because one player was labeled as a DM. Different players have different characteristics and have different components of the game to offer to the game. Everyone is talking about playing with two "DMs", well we did in the capello days and won a championship. Man U almost always start with two "DMs" and they won the double. Its about what the player can offer the team ( i am not comparing our players those, but am just using an example).

CR has always critisised when the team plays long balls and has continued to do so last night, so i don't know how you can criticise him for the long balls.

On to the options he had. We agree that he actually had options. Camo played part of the Bologna game and could've played this game given it's importance and the same goes to De Ceglie.

I agree with you about the point that we will get a better understanding regarding his tactical measure when we get the injured players back. Its quite interesting to see how will he maintain the team's fitness and utilise different players for different games.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Roma are shit, they will be in a relegation battle this season. We should sign De rossi to replace the mistake that is Tiago.
Roma will finish in the top 8 this season. They'll bounce back eventually.

Tiago has played his only two games this season and did a pretty good job. It's a little harsh to call him a mistake.

Here's a fun fact, the only two games in serie A when Juve scored more than 1 goal included Tiago in Juve's starting lineup. He adds a lot of balance to the team; he is definitely an improved player from last season.

As for De Rossi, who wouldn't want to sign him. I really don't think roma are going to let go of their only good player though this season.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Roma are shit, they will be in a relegation battle this season. We should sign De rossi to replace the mistake that is Tiago.
Are you always like this?

Anyway, we are still at the start of the season. There are over 25 matches more... they can still finish 6th if not 5th.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
εℓ niño;1790261 said:
I think, right after that move he was shouting smth to the crowd, pointing to his forehead..
Wonder what he was saying, a phrase with putana in it :D
If i'm not mistaken he said:

Non mi puoi sentirti, porca putana

Which means:

I can't hear you for fucks sake

Last night Tiago did more for us than De Rossi did for Roma

Mar 14, 2004

Word,I've been following this guy yesterday and he didn't make a bad pass all evening......pity that he had deeper role than Sissoko and only got forward 2-3 times.....dictated the tempo.

Marchionni was more than solid. His pace was unexpected thing for roma's defence,combined well.

Molinaro was decent. If he keeps defending & crossing like yesterday,we won't have too much complains 4 him.

Amauri,DP,Nedved,Che and Legro had a standard rock solid performances. Sissoko too but he misplaced some passes that caused panic. Grygera was shaky all evening long. I miss Zebina(never tought I'd say that).

Austrian nazi could have went to snooker yesterday IMO.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)