Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jem83 said:
Buffon
Zebina Kovac Cannavaro Chiellini
Ibrahimovic Vieira Emerson Zambrotta
Del Piero Trezeguet

Zlatan is not likely to score anyway, so why not try him out in the right of midfield?
He's strong enough to hold the ball up and I'm sure he can get a couple of good crosses in.
Zlatan is perhaps the most lazy player on Juventus and his passing is absolutely horrendous through midfield. How a player who would rather receive a through ball in an offsides position rather than jog back in front of the opposition defenders is supposed to play on the right side of midfield is beyond me. We simply cannot field Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the right side of midfield because he will never come back to play defense and will always mess around the ball at the wrong time further away from goal. If Zlatan makes gives the ball away further away from goal we will be caught out and only Zebina will be able to save us, something we don't want to see. People complain about Mutu being fielded on the right side of midfield, but playing Zlatan in such a role would be about a thousand times worse.

If we have to strive to field Ibrahimovic no matter what, why not try him out in place of Thuram in central defense. At least he might be able to win a few ariel challenges from time to time...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stephan said:
if camo and neddy are out then we just HAVE TO use 4-3-3
I agree...there is simply no other option. There is no reason why we should not use the 4-3-3 in this match, however we all know Capello will find some sort of meaningless excuse.

This is not what Capello would use, however, to me, it would make the most sense to field such a team against Lazio this weekend.

Buffon

Balzaretti - Thuram - Cannavaro - Chiellini

Zambrotta - Emerson - Blasi

Mutu - Trezeguet - Del Piero

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Jem83 said:
Buffon
Zebina Kovac Cannavaro Chiellini
Ibrahimovic Vieira Emerson Zambrotta
Del Piero Trezeguet

Zlatan is not likely to score anyway, so why not try him out in the right of midfield?
He's strong enough to hold the ball up and I'm sure he can get a couple of good crosses in.

If we play with 3 in midfield we won't be able to cross the ball in to Trezeguet, thus making him useless.

Zambrotta should definately take Nedved's place.

Del Piero should switch between pure striker role and attacking midfielder so that this formation will be during the game a 4-4-2 and a 4-5-1, all depending on how the game progresses and how many players we bring forward.
What the hell!!! :shocked:

You are very right with this :agree:

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Andy said:
Zlatan is perhaps the most lazy player on Juventus and his passing is absolutely horrendous through midfield. How a player who would rather receive a through ball in an offsides position rather than jog back in front of the opposition defenders is supposed to play on the right side of midfield is beyond me. We simply cannot field Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the right side of midfield because he will never come back to play defense and will always mess around the ball at the wrong time further away from goal. If Zlatan makes gives the ball away further away from goal we will be caught out and only Zebina will be able to save us, something we don't want to see. People complain about Mutu being fielded on the right side of midfield, but playing Zlatan in such a role would be about a thousand times worse.

If we have to strive to field Ibrahimovic no matter what, why not try him out in place of Thuram in central defense. At least he might be able to win a few ariel challenges from time to time...
I agree with you Andy.

Or well...

Zalatan can play as a goalkeeper too. At least he is tall :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jem83 said:
Our right side is bound to be weak anyway..

Zlatan is able to work hard when asked to do so, because he's got physical strength as well as stamina, so basically I would tell him to run like a madman, run his socks off and cross the ball whenever he's in a position to do so.
well i havent seen him work hard, so i dont think cap ever has said something like that to ibrahimovic. I mean just look at him, looses ball, doesnt go after it, lets it be, how you can be a footballer if you dont challenge, if you dont fight for the ball. I know some say its his second season curse or something like that, but you cant just use this excuse for over the whole season, players should improve throughout the season, not something like, lets wait next september and THEN ibrahomovic is new player.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Andy said:
I agree...there is simply no other option. There is no reason why we should not use the 4-3-3 in this match, however we all know Capello will find some sort of meaningless excuse.

This is not what Capello would use, however, to me, it would make the most sense to field such a team against Lazio this weekend.

Buffon

Balzaretti - Thuram - Cannavaro - Chiellini

Zambrotta - Emerson - Blasi

Mutu - Trezeguet - Del Piero
:shocked:

Fell off my chair on that one. Andy starting Blasi? The end of the world is near. :p

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Andy said:

I was thinking he'd be a good hard working defensive mid, alot like pirlo :eyebrows:

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Capello AGAIN choose to put Del Piero on the bench! And Zebina from the start?!?!? Fucking morron!

1-1 against Lazio…

The whole team except Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Del Piero and Trezeguet played like hell. Now the lead is 3 points with 3 matches to go. We managed to throw a 10 point lead away just like that.

Paparesta did all he could to ensure us the victory but even with 12 men against 10 it wasn’t enough.

Juventus have Siena away, Palermo at home and Reggina away.

Milan have Livorno at home, Parma away and Roma at home.

Might be another last round decision of Lo Scudetto.

Forza Juventus!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)