[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Lecce (Oct. 17th 2010) (3 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Beautiful game from juve+ great result.
but it's obvious that against an opponent who can neutralize "turbo milos" we would find it difficult to create danger.
You reckon?

If a team is to stop Krasic completely, they will probably need to use at least two players.

This means they will be at least one man short in other areas of the pitch, so it shouldn't be that tough to find space and get other good players involved.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Impressed with:

- Ball possession. Definite improvement there, and mostly due to having a competent passer like Aquilani in there. Melo also shown improvement and Marchisio doesn't give the ball away too much.

- Krasic. The pacy winger we have needed for years to create a successful straight 4-4-2. A constant threat with his power, incisiveness, and efficiency. Looks to be the best signing from this past summer in Serie A.

- Aquilani. A midfielder who doesn't give the ball away when attempting a pass. Well ladi-freaking-da, it took us long enough to get one.

- Melo. Continues to put in improved performances, especially from a mental perspective. He also seems to have a little more confidence. And at least he's trying his backheels a long ways from our 18.

Not impressed with:

- Lecce. Had absolutely no idea how to attack or defend as a team. Most of the time in possession they had Olivera bringing the ball forward, and as everyone here knows, that's a rather impotent playa'. They threatened our goal a few times and improved in the second half, but they were pretty poor. Definitely relegation candidates.

- The strikers, Quagliarella and Amauri. Just not good enough. The former adds some movement and the latter adds physicality, but neither provides a scoring touch or consistent danger in the box. We definitely need a true poacher in there. At times, Quag looked like Iaquinta out there, missing chances with ease.

- Marchisio the winger. Sorry, I still can't stand him there. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but without a true winger out there the spot is rather wasted. We've signed all these wingers yet we are still inclined to use a CM wide left. That is simply nonsensical.

Certainly an improvement over last year thus far. But we need to keep performing like this, garnering similar results against better teams if we want to get excited. The month of November should really dictate the outcome of the season.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The most important aspect of our improvement is that we know what to do when we don't have the ball. The whole team covers well and doesn't allow for any meaningful attacking play by the opponent. The improvement in defense hasn't come down to an improvement in the back four alone, but the entire team. We're working as a unit. Along with that, we're also keeping possession much easier now. We play a good passing game now and in that second half the ball was with us for a good majority.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
You reckon?

If a team is to stop Krasic completely, they will probably need to use at least two players.

This means they will be at least one man short in other areas of the pitch, so it shouldn't be that tough to find space and get other good players involved.
And Inters game showed that. When its up to one on one play, its almost impossible to stop Milos.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The most important aspect of our improvement is that we know what to do when we don't have the ball. The whole team covers well and doesn't allow for any meaningful attacking play by the opponent. The improvement in defense hasn't come down to an improvement in the back four alone, but the entire team. We're working as a unit. Along with that, we're also keeping possession much easier now. We play a good passing game now and in that second half the ball was with us for a good majority.
And this is not something you just get out of nowhere nor it is because one or two players can make the difference.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Impressed with:

Not impressed with:

- Marchisio the winger. Sorry, I still can't stand him there. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but without a true winger out there the spot is rather wasted. We've signed all these wingers yet we are still inclined to use a CM wide left. That is simply nonsensical.
Wouldn't put it it that way, Marchisio didnt play as a winger imho, he played more as a left cm in a 3 man midfield. Gave cover, ball possession and a space for DC. 3 cm midfielders played really compact and didnt give any space to an opponent away. And his touch was also impressive. But its only my opinion:flag1:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Quite satisfied with what I saw yesterday, we look like an entirely different side compared to last season, especially in terms of pace, movement & team work. Credit to Del Neri obviously, who seems to a great motivator as well.

I don't understand why he put Del Piero on though (I know this sounds silly in hindsight because of the great goal) when the game was already over. Why take the risk when you'll need him in a few days?

Other than that our attack still bothers me & I fear that is going to cost us a lot in the end.

Special mention to Krasic (far from perfect without the ball, but absolutely vital), Aquilani (vision coupled with an adequate workrate) & Storari for keeping us at 1-0 early on.

Don't think anyone played a bad game (Amauri & Quag were mediocre at best though).

Now onto the difficult thing: keeping this up...

Aug 17, 2007
Hi, just got my first chance to post about the match:

FORZA JUVE

Great performance (Krasic, Melo, Aquilani, just great)- but remember this:

1. We play well and it gets better, but it was only Lecce. and just like i told you to stay calm after Palermo or Lech, i'm telling you now- don't think we're perfect now, there's still a lot of work to do.

2. We scored 4 goals in a match where our forwards looked really bad...One thing i can tell you for sure- This year's Juve is fucking crazy, we're not boring anymore. I love it.

And of course, Forza Ale, what a great goal...i hope number 179 in A will be even better.

FORZA JUVE

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
And this is not something you just get out of nowhere nor it is because one or two players can make the difference.
Absolutely.

I don't understand why he put Del Piero on though (I know this sounds silly in hindsight because of the great goal) when the game was already over. Why take the risk when you'll need him in a few days?

What was Del Neri risking exactly? We were three goals up. Give Quag a little rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)