[Serie A] Cagliari 0-2 JUVENTUS [April 2nd, 2019] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I watched the first half before heading out and missed large portions of the second half, and there seemed to be no racist chants or even booing from what i recall. Nothing identified by the commentators either ( watching on DAZN ).

Whatever happened took place in the second half i assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #144
    I watched the first half before heading out and missed large portions of the second half, and there seemed to be no racist chants or even booing from what i recall. Nothing identified by the commentators either ( watching on DAZN ).

Whatever happened took place in the second half i assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    holy cow haven't seen you in a decade lol

2nd half right before Kean goal I think. It for SURE happened after he scored.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Barella is a very good player but he does have that kind of attitude that grates. It's a strength though, he's fearless, and fans of his team love players like him. There's a reason why half of Europe wants him.

Quite a few of the Italy kids have attitudes these days, I think it's part of succeeding in modern football, timid players fade away.

One bit on Bernardeschi once again - absolutely hopeless decision-making. Don Hutchison in commentary was spot-on, and as a former player from the same position is worth listening to - he has all the talent and knows it, but for some reason feels he has to always show it with the difficult choice at least 70% of the time. He's a potential top player in terms of talent but mentally he plays like a kid. We saw a brilliant game from him against Atletico because he was focused on putting in his usual effort but also doing the simple passes, using his team mates and getting his head up. His ridiculous yellow tonight was a snapshot into the mind of a player who really struggles with situational awareness and management. The coaches have to somehow drag the smart player out of him. He's not battling to impress now, he's a starter and we should be seeing more consistency in the role.
    :tup:

It’s strange because you can see he’s looking and aware of teammates positioning, etc. Last season his end product was much better because he often chose the simple and correct final ball, made better decisions on when to shoot or pass. This year he’s choosing the difficult option more often than not... it’s like he’s wanting the highlight reel/spectacular play almost every time... reminds me a bit of Pogba actually. When they keep it simple the majority of the time and pick the smart option for a final ball, they absolutely dominate, but way too often they go for silly highlight reel stuff and fail badly.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    cagliari fans was booing him or monkey noises all the game? some say that it was booing, some that it was monkey chants?
    There were definite monkey noises but look at it this way - why is a young black (Italian!) player getting booed when others are not? What has Kean done recently? He's a new star in the making for the Nazionale, so they chose to pick on him...hmm. I think a few retards did spoil it for the majority at Cagliari, it's easy to forget how carried way fans and players get against Juve, but these few don't understand where to draw the line, they think this sort of thing is fair game to get under the skin of black players. It's not.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    :tup:

It’s strange because you can see he’s looking and aware of teammates positioning, etc. Last season his end product was much better because he often chose the simple and correct final ball, made better decisions on when to shoot or pass. This year he’s choosing the difficult option more often than not... it’s like he’s wanting the highlight reel/spectacular play almost every time... reminds me a bit of Pogba actually. When they keep it simple the majority of the time and pick the smart option for a final ball, they absolutely dominate, but way too often they go for silly highlight reel stuff and fail badly.
    Pogba is a good comparison in terms of what he is doing wrong but Berna is 25 now and he's had a big head start. When you look at his athleticism, technique and left foot he only has to be a bit smarter to become an ABSOLUTE WEAPON.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    There were definite monkey noises but look at it this way - why is a young black (Italian!) player getting booed when others are not? What has Kean done recently? He's a new star in the making for the Nazionale, so they chose to pick on him...hmm. I think a few retards did spoil it for the majority at Cagliari, it's easy to forget how carried way fans and players get against Juve, but these few don't understand where to draw the line, they think this sort of thing is fair game to get under the skin of black players. It's not.
    I only heard them after he scored. But those were really bad tho. Sounded like the whole curva.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    I have to admit he's got a point. Football fans often aren't the smartest people, specifically during the actual games. Al lot of them will do dumb shit: heckling refs, opposing players, opposing fans, etc... Skin colour being just one of the many things that they can "choose" to single out.

Incidentally, I remember the "Se saltelli, muore Balotelli" situation. Early on when it started, 80% or more of the fans in our stadium actually participated with these chants (I would know, I was there). And no, I didn't participate because it's dumb, but at the same time I don't get what all the fuss was about either. I mean, take it for what it is: dumb crap being shouted by (opposing) fans.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying there's no racism issue in Italy or Europe, but it is far more complex an issue than people venting their frustration or ignorance during a football game.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    I have to admit he's got a point. Football fans often aren't the smartest people, specifically during the actual games. Al lot of them will do dumb shit: heckling refs, opposing players, opposing fans, etc... Skin colour being just one of the many things that they can "choose" to single out.

Incidentally, I remember the "Se saltelli, muore Balotelli" situation. Early on when it started, 80% or more of the fans in our stadium actually participated with these chants (I would know, I was there). And no, I didn't participate because it's dumb, but at the same time I don't get what all the fuss was about either. I mean, take it for what it is: dumb crap being shouted by (opposing) fans.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying there's no racism issue in Italy or Europe, but it is far more complex an issue than people venting their frustration or ignorance during a football game.
    The issue isn't the booing, you can't really police that as you don't know intentions

However there were clear monkey noises being made

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    Use foul and abusive language.
    I didn't think we could do better than what we did with Empoli!
    A decent game to watch and overall a good victory! 9points to go

- - - Updated - - -

Dude nowdays anything is racist even if the words aren't.
    Balotelli was and is a dork. People made chants against him not because he is a nigger but because he is retarded.
    At least the biggest majority did for that and not racism

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Balotelli was and is a dork. People made chants against him not because he is a nigger but because he is retarded.
    :wtf:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

incredible :rofl:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    have you ever heard monkey chants aimed at a white retarded player?

monkey chants are racist, every single time, no exception. also, you should chose your word more wisely, and thank all mods if you're not banned for this comment.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    have you ever heard monkey chants aimed at a white retarded player?

monkey chants are racist, every single time, no exception. also, you should chose your word more wisely, and thank all mods if you're not banned for this comment.
    Lol the nonchalance in just throwing it out there is proof enough of his cluelessness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)