[Serie A] Cagliari 0-2 JUVENTUS [April 2nd, 2019] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
From FI:

Report: Cagliari avoid racism ban

Cagliari will reportedly avoid a stadium ban as ‘only’ a minority of their fans racially abused Juventus striker Moise Kean on Tuesday.
According to ITASportPress, an offshoot of Gazzetta dello Sport, the FIGC deemed only ’40-50’ Cagliari supporters to engage in racist chanting at the Sardegna Arena.
The website writes the federation did not deem the insults aimed at the striker throughout the match to be of a discriminatory nature, only acknowledging them to be racist after his goal celebration.
Consequently, the numbers would be too low to trigger a stand closure or stadium ban, leaving the Rossoblu liable for just a fine.
The controversial incident has gripped the world of football, with the likes of Paul Pogba, Mario Balotelli and Raheem Sterling coming out in support of the 19-year-old.

Sauce: https://www.football-italia.net/136587/report-cagliari-avoid-racism-ban

Lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm happy he said it, it couldn't be a more clear example of the fvcked up ignorance level of Italy as a whole, where you say that casually and dont understand how that's wrong. And how thousands can make monkey chants towards black players and it be justified by some as ok, as long as I followed calcio basically (25 years).

This perfectly signifies the idiotic comment Bonnuci made, that moron is dead to me as a Juve player.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
First of all many Italians are racist. Often incredibly so. So let's just get that out of the way and admit Italy has a problem.

But this particular word can be confusing for non-English speakers.

Hell, sometimes these things are confusing in our own languages. In Dutch we have a similar word 'neger' which does not carry the same weight but is considered derogatory. Now there are still people in Belgium today who think 'neger' is the proper term and 'zwarte' (which means black) is in fact derogatory.

Especially people from the older generation seem to believe this. In fact it even caused a problem when my grandmother called my brother's girlfriend, who is black, a neger. There was no malicious intent on her part whatsoever, but of course everyone is going to react strongly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #210
    Italy :lol:

Their excuse is only a few people were guilty Lololol

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    First of all many Italians are racist. Often incredibly so. So let's just get that out of the way and admit Italy has a problem.

But this particular word can be confusing for non-English speakers.

Hell, sometimes these things are confusing in our own languages. In Dutch we have a similar word 'neger' which does not carry the same weight but is considered derogatory. Now there are still people in Belgium today who think 'neger' is the proper term and 'zwarte' (which means black) is in fact derogatory.

Especially people from the older generation seem to believe this. In fact it even caused a problem when my grandmother called my brother's girlfriend, who is black, a neger. There was no malicious intent on her part whatsoever, but of course everyone is going to react strongly.

I had this convo with Latinos/Spaniards mainly, so I know the differences of the languages. But this guy was cluelessly using the English words thats clearly charged.

And neger is swedish word too, and its definitely more racially charged here (they used to call chocolate balls neger bollar, super derogatory). Plenty of fights as a kid in rural areas pussified simpletons thinking they had strength in numbers.

Tho yeah it was bit more different for the older generation. I been that boyfriend visiting the gfs quite blunt grandma :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I had this convo with Latinos/Spaniards mainly, so I know the differences of the languages. But this guy was cluelessly using the English words thats clearly charged.

And neger is swedish word too, and its definitely more racially charged here (they used to call chocolate balls neger bollar, super derogatory). Plenty of fights as a kid in rural areas pussified simpletons thinking they had strength in numbers.

Tho yeah it was bit more different for the older generation. I been that boyfriend visiting the gfs quite blunt grandma :D

Lol about the candy.

We have a sort of chocolate treat that we call something that would be translated as 'nigger titties' (it looks like a ball with a nipple on it).

The weird thing is that this word, which is pretty damn racist, no longer seems to have much connotation with black people. It has just been so commonly used to describe the candy that most people simply forget the true meaning of what they're saying.

Oh and being the boyfriend in that situation seems so awkward. At least we were fairly sure our own grandmother wasn't trying to insult anyone.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    From FI:

Report: Cagliari avoid racism ban

Cagliari will reportedly avoid a stadium ban as ‘only’ a minority of their fans racially abused Juventus striker Moise Kean on Tuesday.
    According to ITASportPress, an offshoot of Gazzetta dello Sport, the FIGC deemed only ’40-50’ Cagliari supporters to engage in racist chanting at the Sardegna Arena.
    The website writes the federation did not deem the insults aimed at the striker throughout the match to be of a discriminatory nature, only acknowledging them to be racist after his goal celebration.
    Consequently, the numbers would be too low to trigger a stand closure or stadium ban, leaving the Rossoblu liable for just a fine.
    The controversial incident has gripped the world of football, with the likes of Paul Pogba, Mario Balotelli and Raheem Sterling coming out in support of the 19-year-old.

Sauce: https://www.football-italia.net/136587/report-cagliari-avoid-racism-ban

Lol.
    This is bullshit, the monkey chants were deafening

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    We have a sort of chocolate treat that we call something that would be translated as 'nigger titties' (it looks like a ball with a nipple on it).
    we have something similar locally too, and i have to admit i quite like it. "négercsók" ("nigger kiss") in hungary:

n%C3%A9ger1.jpg

i wonder how these names were invited back in the '70s/'80s

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

Racism chants.

Note how the producer cuts to Juve fans. Funny how the image and picture does not sync. As they try to hide their outcast racists from public display. Why not put racists on display for everybody to see?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    We call this Mohrenkopf and in germany they used to call it Negerkuss ("niger kiss") as well, but now it's called Schokokuss ("Choco kiss"), because it's political correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate-coated_marshmallow_treats
    we have something similar locally too, and i have to admit i quite like it. "négercsók" ("nigger kiss") in hungary:

n%C3%A9ger1.jpg

i wonder how these names were invited back in the '70s/'80s
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I was talking about. I believe in Dutch in general it's often called negro kisses too, which is bad enough already. But in Antwerp we've made it even worse than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)