Renovation time... (1 Viewer)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
This would leave us:
GK: Buffon
D:Chiellini, Ariuado
M: Melo, MArchiso, Giovinco, Candreva, (Momo), Diego
A: Dp, Iaquinta.

Stripping the squad bare keeping the quality, and the unsellable (DP)...its a start.

Clearly, we need a new president, a new transfer mogul and a new manager. The most important of which will be the manager.
Kick the deadwood out and get new blood for fullback, more solid box to box midfielder and lethal striker . Plus backup for goalkeeper

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #64
    This is the joy of supporting a football club, because whatever happens, we know they wont die. How low we can fall...is anyone's guess. But with the depression of such a rancid season, comes the hope and expectation of a new dawn. SO the summer is going to be more exciting than ever, because the way it looks, to the majority of fans, is that we will undergo the largest renovation of our squad I have ever seen. For there is more than a need t change the management and board. There is a very obvious need to get rid of most of the first team squad, if that is, our aim is to get back to where we belong, as one of the top teams in Italy, let alone europe...

The lack of finances due to failure to qualify for the champions league, will of course make a difference. BUT...we have players we can sell for a half decent sum...Tiago, Poulsen, Amauri...and others we can seel for a small, but still useful sum...like...Grygera, Trezeguet, Camo. Also...some of those players are on huge wages, so when we include the departures of Grosso and Cannavaro, we will be freeing up a large amount of money for wages.

I am saying that even without the millions for champions league qualification, we still have money to play with. The biggest drawback of such failure, is certainly regarding the failure to attract players who demand champions league football..but then again...we still have an aura of a once mighty club, and this is enough for some players to join in a new project, of taking us back to the top. We need HUNGRY, DETERMINED players to come in. The more the better, for collective determination, as a first team, has been lacking all season. Yes there are other factors contributing to this...but as I have said before...its no surprise that we lose one of the most fiercely determined players in the world game last summer, then our team loses an engine of zeal, a heartbeat of warrior like zest for victory...Nedved's departure hurt us more than many people seem to realize.

I know its unlikely, but still, I hope to see as many of the following group of players uprooted from the rotten juve soil, as possible...
    AMauri, Grygera, Zebina, Cannavaro, Legro, Grosso, De Ceglie, Molinaro, Camo, Poulsen, Chimenti.

As for Tiago...I still remain unsure about him, because he is fine for Madrid, as he was fine for Lyon and Chelsea. Not just fine, actually, at times, damn good. Is it italian football that doesn't suit him??? Or the general malaise which has descended ovr our club over the last season or so??? Still...safer bet to sell him I suppose.

For me, its not at all JUST the manager and board which needs upheaval and renovation, though the most important signing will be the manager. For we need leaders both ON and OFF the field, combined with hungry, ultrea eager players of potential. Its time to start building a team...and we have some quality raw materials to play with...Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, Giovinco, Diego, Melo...

I would appreciate if someone either posted or pointed me in the direction of a list of our co-ownerships...just to give me, and others, an idea of what other money and players we have to play with in the summer.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Reve-lotion? you want us all to slather ourselves in slippery baby lotion and writhe around?

that might just catch on here

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Sorry Dooz, I'll go with the Scotsman. I have nothing against Internet predators but Chris Hansen keeps arresting the ones I invite over to "talk". Believe me its better for you if you stay in Drusanville and just email me some sexy photos.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    Buffon HOLD
    Manninger HOLD
    Chimenti OUT
    Caceres OUT
    Cannavaro HOLD
    Chiellini HOLD
    De Ceglie HOLD
    Grosso OUT
    Grygera HOLD
    Legrottaglie OUT
    Molinaro OUT
    Zebina OUT
    Candreva HOLD
    Camoranesi OUT
    Diego HOLD
    Yago HOLD
    Giovinco HOLD
    Marchisio HOLD
    Melo HOLD
    Poulsen OUT
    Salihamidzic OUT
    Sissoko OUT
    Tiago OUT
    Amauri OUT
    Del Piero HOLD
    Paolucci OUT
    Iaquinta HOLD
    Trezeguet HOLD

TEAM: 28
    GET RID OF: 13
    HOLD: 15

Juzvn

Jun 4, 2008
    Cana should get a backroom role for his experience, Camo and Legro should be kept just in case for sub and since selling them cant earn much money anyways. Melo should be considered out if money is needed. Sissoko should stay.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    Spot on? Are you kidding me? He wants to keep Grygera and Canna :lol: :howler:
    nope, im not kidding. why? its simple...its not a big problem for me when those two leaving too, but we cant change the whole defence and they two have something other lack: commitment for our club. + both of them, specially grygera are well settled in the team. players like melo said in the summer hes very surprised by grygera (positivly). of course, grygera had some terrible games (also some individual mistakes) this year, i agree, but he is still a fighter compared to others. + all of our player each had some bad gameS. i dont see grygera as a starter but i see him as a good right-back sub. so if we can get TWO NEW fullbacks, one left and one right, we dont have to talk over players like grygera. we have to talk from the starting 11. this is one of the biggest problems right now, that, compared to the time before 2006, we may have just 4-5 real starting 11 players. before 2006 we had 10, the 11th was mostly one of the young-starlets, like miccoli, bojinov etc..

imo caceres, even if i like some of his attitudes, failed (made some big mistakes defensivly, ex. penalty against bayern, grrrr) and hes also way to expensive.

then we come to sissoko. in this point its also not a problem for me when he stays. but its clear for me to reach a rejuvenation, we have to spend big this summer. alongside of amauri, sissoko can bring some additional money.

what i like about him:

- energy
    - rel. good technique
    - fighter
    - standing in the team

what i do not like:

- alot of sloppy passes, bad timings
    - absolutly not dangerous in front of the goal imo all of our midfielders must score goals in a season, we`re so missing as ex. the goals of pavel (at least 6-7goals per season))
    - sometimes hes a real (bad!) diver
    - often injured
    - misses games bc of ramadan (often players do have a bad form then), africa cup
    - even if some say he is, i do not find hes a real champion

compared to Melo:

- hes in the brazilian starting 11, def more then Mali
    - has a winner-mentality (even he was this year overstrained many times)
    - its hes first year here, before 2006 i tended to say that each new player had 1 till 2 year to settle in) so he has a second change
    - played often not in his position
    -- - alot of sloppy passes, bad timings too----

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Too much information. The bottom line, is they both suck. Canna has creaking knees like my grandpa, and Grygera is still looking for his tooth.

@ Kayo: You want to sell Diego, Chiellini, Gio, Marchisio, and Trez?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)