Renovation time... (1 Viewer)

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #182
    I highly doubt that we will sign Vucinic, Bastos and Cerci, as they all would seem earmarked for the same role. But then again, perhaps Conte is aiming for the perfect situation of two decent players battling for each position. With Bastos the obvious choice for the wide left forward in a 4-2-4 with cerci challenging him for that spot. And on the other wide spot of the offence, Krasic the main man, with vucinic able to challenge. Vucinic could also challenge one of the central duo in a 4-2-4, of Matri and Aguero, along with Quagiarella.

I know very little of Vidal, other than what I have read, but with a Lampard-esque amount of assists and goals last season, he seems more a direct challenger for Pirlo's spot in central midfield, if that is, we ARE aiming for a 4-2-4. Sticking with Vidal, from Marrota's words, I assume it will be Vidal OR Diarra, not both, strange as it may seem as they seem very different players. One massively more defensive, the other massively more capable offensively, though also able to muscle in defensively. If either of them come IN, are we assuming that Melo will leave??? I would rather see Marchisio go...lovely chap, but has never seemed more than a useful squad player to me.

Danilo is another player I know very little about. He comes highly reccomended, and apparently is able to play RB, CB, and DM. Could he be our star non-eu signing???

If we are to sign Danilo, Vidal, Aguero, Vucinic, Bastos...without doubt we are aiming for lo scudetto. No other team aiming for even the top three has yet strengthened as potently as that list, especially when you add in Ziegler, Pirlo, Pazienza and Lichsteiner.

Buffon/Storari
    Lichsteiner/Danillo Bonucci/Barzagli Chiellini/Sorensen Ziegler/De Ceglie
    Melo/Marchisio Vidal/Pirlo
    Krasic/Quagiarella Matri/ Vucinic Aquero/DP Bastos/Cerci

thats an amazing team.

Aside from WHO we will buy, and WHO we will sell, which is down to Conte, it appears, thankfully, as much as Beppe, I am grateful to Johnny Elkann...who has been so much maligned, for investing 70m+ into the team, after a second atrocious season, and with huge losses, for now, on the new stadium. He is well aware of what Juve means to us all and his family. And from a business point of view, it makes little sense to invest heavily, so...I suggest, that he sees Juve as he should...as in something to be proud of, a plant to water and fertlize, not solely with the aim in mind of making $, but out of pride, for owning one of the few clubs in the world of immense historical prestige.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    We will not buy so many players.
    We are not going to be competitive, we are not aiming that high, never did since the current leadership took over.
    They do not have the option not to invest at all after such a disastrous season, they just want to stall more time and milk Juve's prestige as much as possible.

If they had a small drop of dignity and a smaller drop of respect for Juve, they would hand her to better hands, but they dont, dont fool your self...

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #184
    Agreed on the folly of my optimism, Cron!...but Vidal, Bastos and one huge signing seems likely. I doubt we will get Aguero, but as things stand, saying we only add in Bastos and Vidal...we still have improved a lot on last season's team. I also believe that Conte will be more useful at keeping morale up than delneri. Milan and Inter have better squads than us, but neither has improved hugely (yet) this mercato. So our aims should be to aim for at least 3rd spot. Roma are yet to strengthen...and in Enrique they have a foreign manager who is unproven with a senior professional outfit in a top league. I have hated the swine since he faked that broken nose v Tassoti. typical spanish theatrics!

As for napoli??? Surely its going to prove hard to repeat such a season of fine form, with several of their players courted by teams who can pay much higher wages...especially to Cavani. Lazio??? Again, hardly improving their squad greatly, and we have nicked their right back.

Third is a reasonable aim, and who can say how Gasperini will get on with a few of the huge egos at Inter???

Essentially, despite the very obvious concerns over John Elkann's role in the calciopoli horrorshow, take that aside, if possible, and look at the investements made in the club in recent years. A spanking new stadium, and regularly large transfer budgets. What has Elkann given us this summer? 70m to play with, with more available if desperately necessary? Not the sign of owners who don't give a fuck about the club.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Not making it to CL has really fucked us over. I say for now we concentrate more on defense (since for domestic league success that's more important IMO).

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #186
    Not making it to CL has really fucked us over. I say for now we concentrate more on defense (since for domestic league success that's more important IMO).
    do you not see Marotta and Conte focused on defence?? we have signed the swiss national fullbacks, both right and left sided. Yes, i can see how only the Lichsteiner...suggests a serious attempt at improving a position of woe, to classy, whereas I can also admit and perhaps hope, that Zielger's arrival on the left side of defence, with de ceglie once more fit and eager to challenge, can also be potentially secure.

As for the keeper...i love santo buffon, and believe that he can regain his divine form. Chiellini and Bonucci can both do far better than last season, with now solid fullbacks actually capable of playing and protecting the fullback roles, without the two CBs constantly needing to cover their own position as well as the fullback position near to them.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #188
    I think Bonucci did OK last season, Elvin...in a defence which struggled regularly due to:
    1. no regular right back...instead a young centre back playing as a CB to the right of the CBs.
    2. only one month with a left back, the rest of the season basically with one named on the team sheet, but never actually in that position on the field (grosso)
    3. Lack of movement in the offensive areas... mixed with an inability to retain possession...we suffered more counter attacks than i have ever seen before.

I used to like barzagli, and do not yet agree with many others on here, who have seen him play in germany perhaps when i have not...he used to be very promising for palermo and i wanted him at juve back in those days. If he performs better with chiellini, so be it, give him the CB spot next to king giorgio...but i would prefer to see Bonucci given a chance to mature, in a team which allows him to focus on his own position and building partnerships with chiellini and buffon. If he does not improve with the 3 problems listed above solved, or partly solved, then perhaps his potential was a flash in the pan. I hope not.

May 21, 2008
    I think something is really changing in our team this year , something i didn't feel for the last 5 years , their is a real renovation process on all terms as for example media (this year we started having a facebook , twiter and youtube pages with day to day update , we renovated our website ) and that if anything do rebuild our European image and historical pride as a top team , also the new state of art stadium is important for our image as we are the first italian team to do this not forgetting the crisis that we went through .

Also not to forget our team , we brought new decent fullbacks which were defense collapsing reason for the last 5 years and fans were also demanding this urgently , not to forget we are after aguaro which i didn't imagine before he would be a juve player or at-least being linked to him. also we are working on areas which us as a fans were desperately asking for since calciopoli and we are very weak like LW (bastos , vargas ...) ,CM (vidal , danielo who can cover many areas also) and CB .. not to forget that the quality of players we are linked to has been rising significantly from last years and this gives me hope we are on the right way , as i remembered that we were linked to a one decent player a year for 5 years now and the the rest is rubbish excluding the diego-melo year and i mean by linked real action not just rumors .

Finally our president demanding our titles back would make me believe the he ,elkant:D , marrotta and co are really investing in this team significantly and by all matters and terms and more than anything believe in JUVENTUS and want to get him back to the top as old days , this is not optimism rather than reading between the lines and events . And now more than any time they make me believe in the project they were talking about in last few years.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Agreed on the folly of my optimism, Cron!...but Vidal, Bastos and one huge signing seems likely. I doubt we will get Aguero, but as things stand, saying we only add in Bastos and Vidal...we still have improved a lot on last season's team. I also believe that Conte will be more useful at keeping morale up than delneri. Milan and Inter have better squads than us, but neither has improved hugely (yet) this mercato. So our aims should be to aim for at least 3rd spot. Roma are yet to strengthen...and in Enrique they have a foreign manager who is unproven with a senior professional outfit in a top league. I have hated the swine since he faked that broken nose v Tassoti. typical spanish theatrics!

As for napoli??? Surely its going to prove hard to repeat such a season of fine form, with several of their players courted by teams who can pay much higher wages...especially to Cavani. Lazio??? Again, hardly improving their squad greatly, and we have nicked their right back.

Third is a reasonable aim, and who can say how Gasperini will get on with a few of the huge egos at Inter???

Essentially, despite the very obvious concerns over John Elkann's role in the calciopoli horrorshow, take that aside, if possible, and look at the investements made in the club in recent years. A spanking new stadium, and regularly large transfer budgets. What has Elkann given us this summer? 70m to play with, with more available if desperately necessary? Not the sign of owners who don't give a fuck about the club.
    +REP
    do you not see Marotta and Conte focused on defence?? we have signed the swiss national fullbacks, both right and left sided. Yes, i can see how only the Lichsteiner...suggests a serious attempt at improving a position of woe, to classy, whereas I can also admit and perhaps hope, that Zielger's arrival on the left side of defence, with de ceglie once more fit and eager to challenge, can also be potentially secure.

As for the keeper...i love santo buffon, and believe that he can regain his divine form. Chiellini and Bonucci can both do far better than last season, with now solid fullbacks actually capable of playing and protecting the fullback roles, without the two CBs constantly needing to cover their own position as well as the fullback position near to them.
    I think Bonucci did OK last season, Elvin...in a defence which struggled regularly due to:
    1. no regular right back...instead a young centre back playing as a CB to the right of the CBs.
    2. only one month with a left back, the rest of the season basically with one named on the team sheet, but never actually in that position on the field (grosso)
    3. Lack of movement in the offensive areas... mixed with an inability to retain possession...we suffered more counter attacks than i have ever seen before.

I used to like barzagli, and do not yet agree with many others on here, who have seen him play in germany perhaps when i have not...he used to be very promising for palermo and i wanted him at juve back in those days. If he performs better with chiellini, so be it, give him the CB spot next to king giorgio...but i would prefer to see Bonucci given a chance to mature, in a team which allows him to focus on his own position and building partnerships with chiellini and buffon. If he does not improve with the 3 problems listed above solved, or partly solved, then perhaps his potential was a flash in the pan. I hope not.
    Great posts,completly agree with you!
    You are very naive, or just blindly and hopelessly optimistic.
    Common man,you can't be that hopeless,if so then i think there is no point to follow this team if you don't believe that a change will be done.
    At least give it a try till the end of Mercato to see what team we build.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    At this point I've kinda given up on the thought of us being one of Europe's best teams again. Its extremely hard to build a team with good players when you have to hope that all the other elite teams don't want him in order for you to have a chance. You want Sanchez? Hope that Barca, City, Chelsea and Real don't want him. You want Aguero? Hope that Man City don't want to pay 5 billion euros. There is a few rich teams out there that will jump on every decent player and we'll never be one of the best again if the only thing left for us is players like Vucinic(no disrespect to Vuci but he ain't no marquee player). And since we're in a shit situation with Calciopoli making our squad much worse, we need more than one or two players. Also, if you can't afford to pay players more than 7 million a year then you've already lost the fight.

Another big part that has changed is that just a few years back Italian teams could raid the smaller teams just like that. If this was 2003 for example then players like Hamsik, Pastore and Sanchez would already be in Juve, Inter or Milan. These days, those teams know that there is no money in Italy and they just end up sending those players away to EPL and Spain which in a way lowers the value of the league since Serie A is becoming just a step towards the two big leagues. Just like Germany and France in the past was a way to go through to Italy, Spain and England.

All of this is really worrying.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It's doable. Look at Chelsea, for crying out loud. But it takes a sugar daddy.

That and this thread has been open for a year and a half now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)