Renovation time... (3 Viewers)

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Caceres, what? This guy was going average, but mentioning caceres as quality of the likes of Buffon and Chiellini shows this guy does not have a clue. I knew something is not right when you compare NBA and Futbol, huge NBA fan, but not comparable to futbol at all.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #142
    With the transfer deadline to pass at midnight, now is the time for the last minute reinforcements to be located and procured. So what do we need? and what have we done so far???

The arrival of Aquilani was a pleasant surprise, but seems to have appeared at the expense of Diego, who Del Neri himself wanted to keep. I am not so sure as to label Diego a flop last year, because if I do that, then i must also label everyone in the team bar Buffon and Chiellini a flop last season. I have blamed the management, and their tactical inadequacies, but surely, a player signed for 25m should have made more of an impact than Diego managed???? He was looking fine and dandy in preseason, and gave me added hope that finally Del Piero would be benched, as backup to the support role in offense. Diego seemed to me, at Bremen, and with us, as a player of at times sublime technical vision and ability. One of those players who on his day can produce a moment of magic, like Baggio, like Cassano, like Totti...Its regretful that he has left, not just because we have missed out on a potentialy world class component of our team, but also, because his deprature puts more pressure on Del Neri to play DP. And who is the back up now for DP, who was been shaped for the backup to Diego...Aquilani??? or Martinez??? Martinez remains a relative unknown in terms of What is he truly capable of? As for aquilani, my own knowledge of the player is that he has superb technique, but he uses it much more selfishly than creatively. At best, I can say, i am happy to have another player in the team who not only loves the ball, but can play the ball as well as score from range. I do think its instructive, that there were no takers for Diego other than in germany. There was no chelsea, or man united, or barca after him...just wolfsburg. But that in itself is strange, because we wanted their star man, he wanted us. They said NO. So then we sell them our best player. Surely we have arranged a first option on Dzeko next summer...

Aquliani, if he stays fit, could be spectacular, but as with Diego, where the hell do we play him???? For Diego seems more adaptable to the support striker role, than the italian. But why get despondent. A talented player leaves, a talented player arrives...

Krasic finally made the long overdue journey to turin, and I am very happy for this. I see him as a potential superstar, but only if we play him in his favoured wide right position, which means the left wing is a battle between pepe, lanzafame and martinez. Whilst part of me sees pepe as a di livio little soldier type of player, I prefer the direct approach of lanzafame...is the italian a diamond in the rough or merely a flash in the pan??? time will tell.

Its in attack where I am now most concerned. How strange to see Trez leave for a club where we are going to be paying 3m of his wages. Especially when our other potential front men, Amauri and Iaquinta, are not even fit enough to train, let alone play. What is very clear is that if an out and out goalscorer leaves, we MUSt sign an out and out goalscorer to replace him. Its somehow humbling to see us signing Quagiarella, and hoping for Boriello, when Milan are signing Ibra and Robinho. Impossible to see that as anything other than...horrifying. I have nothing against Quagiarella. I am sure he can do a decent job. but the question is...WHY HIM???? Boriello is a different matter, as his main talent most definitely IS scoring goals. But still, if we do sign him, I will retain hope...that he can link up well with aquilani and krasic, and score the goals we now, lacking trez, so desperately need. The most shameful thing of Diego's departure is that Amauri, wityh Diego, was actually looking very promising indeed. True, against rather weak opponents, but last season, even against weak opponents, he looked more depressed clown, than classy striker.

The defence seems improved, in the middle, and at right back, and I assume that Marotta is working overtime right now to bring in a new left back. Talk of Traore is not what we wanted, but at least he has the potential to be better than De Ceglie, whose development, seems dead in the water. That left back position has been screaming for reinvigoration for a very long time. Tasci would be a decent back up centre back, but as we spent big on Bonucci, would he leave stuttgart to be on the bench???? The french lad appears to have gone to Cesena, and at the time of writing, I am unsure as to whether we have half his contract. These movements in the centre, are a little strange, as we have Ariuado, who to my eyes looked very promising, but has been 50% sold to Cagliari...What is for sure is that we need more backup in the middle than jesus freak Legro.

Bonucci, Krasic, Martinez, Pepe, Quagiarella, Motta...The names of Krasic and Bonucci are the only ones which really stick out, though I do feel Motta has the potential to become a solid right back. Presently he seems capable of emulating Gyrgera defensively, and bettering both Zebina and Grygera offensively. But we need him to become more sturdy at the back. the signings of Quag, Martinez and Pepe are more...interesting.

I hope that today we lose Grosso and Zebina, and bring in a proven goalscorer, left back and potentially decent centre back for backup, and to challenge Bonucci. If all that transpires, I will be happy with our summer mercato. Feeling that we are moving, albeit slowly, in the Right direction.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    With the transfer deadline to pass at midnight, now is the time for the last minute reinforcements to be located and procured. So what do we need? and what have we done so far???

The arrival of Aquilani was a pleasant surprise, but seems to have appeared at the expense of Diego, who Del Neri himself wanted to keep. I am not so sure as to label Diego a flop last year, because if I do that, then i must also label everyone in the team bar Buffon and Chiellini a flop last season. I have blamed the management, and their tactical inadequacies, but surely, a player signed for 25m should have made more of an impact than Diego managed???? He was looking fine and dandy in preseason, and gave me added hope that finally Del Piero would be benched, as backup to the support role in offense. Diego seemed to me, at Bremen, and with us, as a player of at times sublime technical vision and ability. One of those players who on his day can produce a moment of magic, like Baggio, like Cassano, like Totti...Its regretful that he has left, not just because we have missed out on a potentialy world class component of our team, but also, because his deprature puts more pressure on Del Neri to play DP. And who is the back up now for DP, who was been shaped for the backup to Diego...Aquilani??? or Martinez??? Martinez remains a relative unknown in terms of What is he truly capable of? As for aquilani, my own knowledge of the player is that he has superb technique, but he uses it much more selfishly than creatively. At best, I can say, i am happy to have another player in the team who not only loves the ball, but can play the ball as well as score from range. I do think its instructive, that there were no takers for Diego other than in germany. There was no chelsea, or man united, or barca after him...just wolfsburg. But that in itself is strange, because we wanted their star man, he wanted us. They said NO. So then we sell them our best player. Surely we have arranged a first option on Dzeko next summer...

Aquliani, if he stays fit, could be spectacular, but as with Diego, where the hell do we play him???? For Diego seems more adaptable to the support striker role, than the italian. But why get despondent. A talented player leaves, a talented player arrives...

Krasic finally made the long overdue journey to turin, and I am very happy for this. I see him as a potential superstar, but only if we play him in his favoured wide right position, which means the left wing is a battle between pepe, lanzafame and martinez. Whilst part of me sees pepe as a di livio little soldier type of player, I prefer the direct approach of lanzafame...is the italian a diamond in the rough or merely a flash in the pan??? time will tell.

Its in attack where I am now most concerned. How strange to see Trez leave for a club where we are going to be paying 3m of his wages. Especially when our other potential front men, Amauri and Iaquinta, are not even fit enough to train, let alone play. What is very clear is that if an out and out goalscorer leaves, we MUSt sign an out and out goalscorer to replace him. Its somehow humbling to see us signing Quagiarella, and hoping for Boriello, when Milan are signing Ibra and Robinho. Impossible to see that as anything other than...horrifying. I have nothing against Quagiarella. I am sure he can do a decent job. but the question is...WHY HIM???? Boriello is a different matter, as his main talent most definitely IS scoring goals. But still, if we do sign him, I will retain hope...that he can link up well with aquilani and krasic, and score the goals we now, lacking trez, so desperately need. The most shameful thing of Diego's departure is that Amauri, wityh Diego, was actually looking very promising indeed. True, against rather weak opponents, but last season, even against weak opponents, he looked more depressed clown, than classy striker.

The defence seems improved, in the middle, and at right back, and I assume that Marotta is working overtime right now to bring in a new left back. Talk of Traore is not what we wanted, but at least he has the potential to be better than De Ceglie, whose development, seems dead in the water. That left back position has been screaming for reinvigoration for a very long time. Tasci would be a decent back up centre back, but as we spent big on Bonucci, would he leave stuttgart to be on the bench???? The french lad appears to have gone to Cesena, and at the time of writing, I am unsure as to whether we have half his contract. These movements in the centre, are a little strange, as we have Ariuado, who to my eyes looked very promising, but has been 50% sold to Cagliari...What is for sure is that we need more backup in the middle than jesus freak Legro.

Bonucci, Krasic, Martinez, Pepe, Quagiarella, Motta...The names of Krasic and Bonucci are the only ones which really stick out, though I do feel Motta has the potential to become a solid right back. Presently he seems capable of emulating Gyrgera defensively, and bettering both Zebina and Grygera offensively. But we need him to become more sturdy at the back. the signings of Quag, Martinez and Pepe are more...interesting.

I hope that today we lose Grosso and Zebina, and bring in a proven goalscorer, left back and potentially decent centre back for backup, and to challenge Bonucci. If all that transpires, I will be happy with our summer mercato. Feeling that we are moving, albeit slowly, in the Right direction.
    Completely agreed, and i hope that 20 mil deal for pazz goes trough so he can be the goalscorer.

1 remark though, it takes a coach to build a solid, determained team, and to get the best out of players.
    i hope del neri is up for that

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #144
    Completely agreed, and i hope that 20 mil deal for pazz goes trough so he can be the goalscorer.

1 remark though, it takes a coach to build a solid, determained team, and to get the best out of players.
    i hope del neri is up for that
    Cheers, Zach...and I agree with you, regarding the huge importance of a manager capable of galvanising his troops. Perhaps its just blind hope, but part of me truly believes that Del Neri IS capable of creating a team. and that team of in the least achieving a comfortable top 3 finish.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #147
    I thought I would continue this thread's life as our Renovation period is undoubtedly still very much where we are and look like staying for a while yet...Hopefully not the 'many years' that I have read many members suggesting.

We have all been disappointed by the results achieved so far this season, as well as the performances of some players. Some of us are unsurprised, and were resigned to such failings, before we set foot on a competitive field of play.

New manager, with hardly widespread respect and value from the Juventus flock as a whole. New tactics. New players (not all of whom have been welcomed with open arms)....So much change is bound to unsettle any club. We can all agree, I am certain, that changes of this magnitude needed to happen over the Summer after our calamitous showing last season.

Andrea seems a far better president. A fan as well as a president, who has juve in his veins. His statements so far have been encouraging. Marrota's work has pleased as much as dismayed as much as appalled. Undoubtedly he is a vast improvement over Secco, and the damage that pigfucker did to our club will take a season or two ro properly fix...Krasic and Bonucci seem, excellent aquisitions. The Serb has hit the ground running and will only get better, as he adjusts to italian football and his new surroundings. The big centreback looks to have brilliant potential, which we likely wont see the best of until we have more solid fullbacks, allowing Bonucci to concentrate on playing as a centre back, not cb +RB...

Motta has been more often awful, than even close to grygera's unsipirational, but sometimes solid defensive work. De Ceglie has almost singlehandedly lost us a game or two.

Storari is ok, but not in great form. Perhaps he needs a bit longer to get match sharp. We all know he is capable of better than his current level of performance...which is acceptable, but iwant more from him.

Pepe is a hard one to judge. He works very hard, especially at supporting his fullback defensively. Him and Grygera together, makes us more secure on the left flank. Stick de ceglie in there, and its a different story, Because De Ceglie assume he is more of a winger than pepe, even when selected as left back. De Ceglie should never play as a left back for us, ever again. Perhaps as a left winger, after pepe, martinez..in the pecking order. Pepe has also contrtibuted in attack. I liked him against samp, and udinese. Works so fucking hard, and doesnt seem to let his head drop.

Martinez??? Impossible to say yet. ANd remains to be seen even in what position he will play. At catania, I thought he seemed more like a wing forward, cutting in from the left, completely offensive. More eager to run at goal himself and get into the box and shoot, than to hug the byline then whip in decent crosses...how many assists did he get last year??? So perhaps he will seen and used by DN as a support striker. In the same vein as DP, and Quag.

One of the reasons for Motta's poor form is that he receives little defensive support from Krasic. but that doesnt explain how easy it is for defenders to pass him, and why he falls down in the box under no challenge whatsoever offering pastore a free shot on goal....

Ideally, if Motta's awful form continues, we will have to stick someone else in there. As Grygera is definitely seeming more secure than de ceglie, i am loathe to see him moved. But we do have the rightly maligned Grosso, as well as Traore, to challenge for left back. How about Pepe at right back??? Would DN ever try such a thing??? That would sure up our right hand side. Leave grygera on the left, unless grosso or tarore get a game and prove themselves more useful and in good form.

Pepe Bonucci CHiellini Grygera/grosso/traore
    And what about Sali??? is he dead and buried??? I have seen him once or twice at left and right back, and he also seems worth considering.

I hope that to Del Neri, the problems with our fullbacks are clear and solutions been considered. Because we are not been beaten by world class strikes, we are been beaten, mainly by ouselves, defending at times, like we are more worthy of Serie B. Wehave other options to try, lets try them...

Until the fullbacks are sorted out, the team is going to suffer more than succeed.

Still...its not all bad news. So onto the positives..

Melo has improved. at times, he seems a different player to the mentally unstable, more liability than asset Melo I saw consistently last year. He is obviously a player who needs more help than others, in terms of the mental approach towards him of his manager and coaches. But when is seems more stable, as he has done, so far this season, he can command the midfield impressively.

Krasic and pepe, have both started, with good fitness levels and eager spirit...in fact the spirit of the team seems more hungry, and confident, and excited. Which is a huge change from last season.

Despite my own well stated concerns over using a 36 year old in attack, with next to no pace, the physical strength of a lamb, he has been in decent form, generally, so far. Whilst I would like to see Martinez and Quag given a shot at the support striker role, alongside Iaquinta or Amauri, its clear, that DP is our only near reliably in-form forward presently. Its a shame we loaned out immobile, because with amauri and iaquinta both out at the start of the season, he may have got some time on the pitch, and has looked handy in his brief appearances before.

Marchiso's form is erratic as hell, but when he is good, he is wicked. Its not that he has games where he makes lots of mistakes, more that he has games where is invisible. And i am not sure if that is down to him, or a lack of coaching fluidity between Coach and Player.

This team has made me more excited over the last few games, than i have been about the team for a very long time. We can now attack teams, and score some lovely goals. Which we were not doing last season. We have a player who actually scares defenders, in Krasic....we were unlucky against palermo. Some silly defending, but then again, we should have had a penalty, which could have changed the game. But I can't focus on that, as I recall chiellini crunching someone in the box against samp...???or maybe udinese...cant remember which.

The spirit looks good, and we are exciting to watch. I am happy, for now.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
    I am happy for now but want to see more improvements and an increase in consistency from players like Pepe and even Quagli.

I am distraught with Amauri and wish he could be more mobile and agile in his play. Iaquinta and Amauri need to find the right chemistry with Krasic, oh how I wish Trez was in the box every time Krasic lofted one up.

Our attack has massive potential and our defense needs reinforcing from the central midfield. Melo doesn't track back full pace and its been annoying me for a year ever since I noticed it. If he can't track back and help out the team I doubt marchisio is gonna play the dog in the middle. Sissoko needs to be included in the team more often than not, I dont want to lose out on a midfielder that actually didn't flop with our team and it seems del neri is pushing him towards wolfsburg. c'mon guys!

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
    Unfortunately i do not share the optimism of some others for this season... I can see us struggling to make Europa League next year...

This club, off and on the pitch dont resemble the Juventus that we loved and everyone feared or respected

Jul 2, 2006
    More like Demolition time..

Even in Serie B we had more reason to be hopeful.

This club, off and on the pitch dont resemble the Juventus that we loved and everyone feared or respected
    When we unfairly demoted to Serie B, I thought name of Juventus will be able to win Scudetto in the day we return to Serie A. It took 4 years to realize that it wasn't name getting Scudetti but capable staff. Juventus were Gianni Agnelli, Moggi, Giraudo, Bettega, Lippi, Capello, Nedved, Del Piero. Once we replaced them with likes of John Elkann, Secco, Marotta, Ranieri, Zaccheroni, Amauri that Juventus we knew and loved has been disappeared. Nevertheless we shall adapt to new conditions and keep cheering Juventus.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #152
    Two months since my last post in this thread, and I am happy to write that both my mood and hopes, rooted in Juve, have taken a definite upturn from where they were in late September.

Sitting 4th in the league, on the back of a lengthy unbeaten run, praiseworthy performances and results against some decent sides, a gem of a defender unearthed from the darkness, King Chiellini signing a new contract whilst still bandaged from his war wounds...all of which achieved despite a savage injury crisis...Indeed, this season is bringing me so much happiness. With the only blemish on our fortunes and progress seen in the europa league. Regrettable, but hardly enough to dilute my welcome reinvigoration of expectation and more importantly, pride, in the club i hold so dear to my heart.

Injuries to so many players from the first team squad threatened to derail our attempts to gain a sense of rhythm. But the spirit, which was so sorely lacking last term, which had appeared in flashes in the early erratic stages of this season, has thankfully steadied itself and blossomed. Translating to whoever has come in to plug the gaps, doing their bit to continue our strides towards becoming, once again, a top team domestically. Its the injuries to De Ceglie and Martinez which bother me the most. As the young left back, who for so long had shown brief glimpses of potential, had finally started to show some defensive solidity and consistency, before his knee got crunched. Also with Martinez...whose Juve dream so far has been a nightmare, in terms of physical condition.

Still...there is presently, and I stress the word presently, a silver lining, from the clouds of injury misery, and his name is Sorensen. I am almost scared to speak too highly of the lad, so will try to keep my feet on the ground here, rooted in realism, not fantasy...but...the danish kid has grown in stature with every appearance, and to me, he has shown, in the admittedly small amount of playing time afforded him, that he has a large dose of natural defensive talent. Strong in the tackle, decent positioning, decent timing, uncompromising in one on ones, and only lacking apparent eagerness to forage forward to support his right wing comrade. This kid, on what I have seen so far, has very serious potential, which CANNOT be allowed to suffer from a Loan, or Co-ownership. In our time of need, we asked a completely inexperienced player, still learning his trade, even at youth level, to step into the breach, and I doubt anyone can contest that he has performed admirably.\

The midfield is where we look the most settled. What began as a measure to counter the Maicon threat has gradually become commonplace and dependable. Whilst Marchisio is playing loosely out of position, he is clearly not asked to play as a traditional left winger. For when Krasic bombs forward, and as the statistics prove, he is most often our most advanced player on the field, Marchisio tucks more into a central/left midfield position, as the formation becomes more like a 4-3-3 than a lopsided 4-4-2. Yes this does make us more predictable, but predictable or not, who can contain Krasic???? Add to this fluid movement, the fine form of Melo and Aquilani and its clear why we are now able to control, and often dominate the midfield area. Its the central duo in particular I am most pleased with, as with Alberto dropping deeper than ever before in his career, and truly excelling as a regista, Melo can do what he does best, which is to muscle and slice through opposition attacks through the middle, and spray the ball to krasic, back to Alberto, or to Quags and DP. More options to pass to, and less pressure on him to create...This Melo is phenomenal, and whilst I am obviously biased, I do not see many teams with such a strong pairing in the middle of the park.

Praise must also go to Storari, who has been in exceptional form all season. Often having nothing to do for long periods of a game, when called up he comes up with the goods. And it is this concentration which is the sign of a great keeper. A VERY shrewd signing, which must presently be seen as a success, the same can be said of Krasic and Aquilani, and to a lesser but still commendable degree, Bonucci, who is making less errors and slowly developing a decent understanding with King Giorgio.

Impossible to judge Martinez and Traore, as they have barely played.

13 games played in the league. Sitting 4th spot. Scoring goals, brilliant spirit in the ranks, and after our earlier erratic form calmed down, and the defence became solid, we are fast becoming one of the meanest backlines as well as most vibrantly potent in front of goal. I have to be content with this.

We can do with reinforcements in the January transfer window, mainly a striker and fullbacks, perhaps also a left winger if Lanzafame is dead or unwanted. I am unsure if we will sign a striker and Marotta reconfirmed today that Dzeko is wanted. If that is the case, then surely we will only sign a striker on loan, not outright. This is too long to explore potential purchases, but I have blossoming faith in Marotta to continue the good work already begun...

Many reasons to be cheerful...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I have been following this thread since the beggining and i like ur posts a lot Lopan. They are good and very objective. Since long time i was sure that last season team needed a renovation.. it was too obvious that a lot of things were not ok.

This last post of urs has been very good also. I think that all of us share the same feeling. Lets pray things will continue our way.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #158
    A quick analysis of what we need, and a request for anyone more knowledgable than me on the True potential of our primavera players...

Our problems:

Lack of a prima punta- Vinny Cenzo is a battering ram, who when fit, will score goals, but nowhere near to the rate of our unfortunately departed Trezegol. Amauri is injured, and I agree with the main centre point of the podcasts...Aaron??? in that Amauri, is deadweight, and has had so many chances now, and proven only, that he is awful. We are not talking about a bad period, we are talking about 18 months of patheticness. He simply should never be allowed to don the beautiful bianconeri maglia ever again. Its great to have optimism, but for those who still believe he can come back to fitness and do the business...that seems to me, more lunacy, than objective optimism. He managed 5 goals in 30+ games last season, and when he has played this season, he has shown zero threat to goal. I was one of those who was optimistic at the start of the season. Reverting to 4-4-2, would surely present so many chances for a player who even with shocking feet, has shown talent in the air previously...but alas...no. Still wretched.

Left Back- De ceglie was looking much improved before his injury, and I have hope that he can return to such levels of output on the field, when he returns. Especially with the definitely more defensive Marchisio in front of him. Perhaps I could be happy with Grosso as a backup. But would prefer to see the former world cup winner put out to pasture. As ideally, we want TWO decent players fighting for every position. Competition is healthy. Assuredness of first team selection, for any player, is unhealthy.

Right back-
    Sorensen has been absolutely wonderful. A real gem in the rough, and whoever scouted him, and made the decision to have him on loan, patriaci???? should be praised. With Grygera returning to fitness, and like Sorensen, much happier to provide mainly defensive cover, im less concerned as i was a few months back, about the right back position.

Regista-
    A position Ciro made a huge mistake in asking Big Phil Melo to play last season, has been finally, after many years now needing improvement, found its saviour, in Aquilani, whose defensive prowess has astounded me. Against Lazio, Hernanes was a ghost, and not only shackling their main man, but also getting several decent efforts on target from a fair range...Alberto is indeed proving to be wonderful for our team. Now with a player so prone to injuries over recent years, and becoming increasingly pivotal to our play, he needs a backup...which presently is who???? Nobody. Its essential that we have another player in the squad capable of playing that role. Yes, Krasic is a demon, at times, completely unplayable, but we are clearly a better team when our attacking thrusts can come from more places than just the right flank...

The rest of the team seems fine. We have Pepe, Lanzafame (although I reckon he will go out on loan in January, as he is fit now, and not even making the bench) and the soon to return Martinez (who NOBODY can yet judge as to his suitability to the left flank, as he simply hasn't played enough).

Quag can ably share the prima punta role with Vinny Cenzo...and also, as I would prefer to see, take DP's spot, and play alongside, lower in the lineup, with our battering ram.

Add to this the blossoming partnership of CHiellini and Bonucci, and we are really looking rather decent.

Of the areas I highlighted, most important to me, is a decent prima punta, and even more essentially, a decent backup/challenger to Aquiliani...

Do we have these players in our primavera?

Other than that...does anyone know anything about our apparent signing of Lucas Piazon??? And if so...also...who is he???? does he have the option of an italian passport???

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    midfield is fine as it is for now, a new leftback in januari would be nice tho, along with a CHEAP , swap, or loaned prima punta in januari

i read a few rumours linking us to a cheap pazzini loan deal, wel that could be quite good

radu for leftback perhaps ?

after we get the new primapunta in the summer, we might or might not be able to invest in a leftwinger, and have marchisio as versatile midfielder, capabale of backing up aqua or the new winger

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #160
    Fuck..last night, was the first time in following this club for 14 years, that i began watching a game, but didnt finish. Early in the second half I just couldn't take any more.
    whilst the players MUST shoulder much of the blame for the humiliating shambles we witnessed yesterday, as they all played disgustingly poorly, Del Neri has to now be seen as truly failing at the club, even by the most optimistic of fans.

I also follow Gillingham FC, a wretched league two team in England. We were relegated last season, deservedly so really. Brought in an ex manager/player in the Summer. Lots of changes in tactics and some changes in the squad. For the first few months of the season we were horrible...losing games to the likes of fucking acrington stanley 7-4!!!!hohohoho...there were injuries to the squad, which obviously didnt help. Some parallals can be drawn, between the gills and Juve. New manager, some new players (admittedly more change in the juve squad)...BUT the parallals end when it comes to measuring the performance of the manager, which must be measured by the performance of the team. While the gills manager, hessenthaler, had an obvious plan in mind, which was not at all rigidly ONE FORMATION, he stuck to the task, ignored the criticism, and it all came together before christmas. From shocking to the most in-form team in the league, and we have stayed amongst the most in-form teams, for the last 15 games now...whereas Juve have developed zero consistency, stuck to ONE FORMATION, went horribly downhill after xmas, and still now, seem only capable of showing a desire to spill blood when they play against Inter or Milan. Looking at it this way...Del neri has failed. Miserably. Because we simply have not improved.

As we experienced our worst season for 300 years last time out, the most important demand for this season, was and remains massive improvement and PROGRESS. We have not progressed. Our league position, and form since christmas, are appalling.

The renovation, im annoyed and saddened to admit, simply cannot begin to move in the right direction until we have a manager who demands and receives at the very least, fierce spirit and determination, from every player who wears our jersey. without a manager who is respected, followed, even loved, by the team, we are going nowhere, just treading stagnant water.

I still hope for a miracle, but don't see it coming. And i am accepting, that my blind optimism only leads to the sickening feeling in my gut i felt last night. Del neri lacks whatever it is that this team needs to progress.

As for Marotta, I am less inclined to see him as a failure. And definitely inclined to see him as a massive improvement over Secco. Martinez is now seeming like a rather costly failure...but Matri, barzagli, aquilani, quags, toni, bonucci, sorensen, storari, krasic...all were good moves. Not sure if Pepe has done enough to warrant signing him on a permanent deal. as we dont seem to have the luxury of saying the first team is fine, so lets spunk 10m on a utility player for the bench...we need STARTERS. (motta doesnt count as a footballer, and him and traore really havent lost us much, though obviously better players could have been brought in in their places, but if we didnt have the money, and could only deal with loans, that restricted marotta hugely in who he could go for)...also Paratici should be mentioned...we have ilari, camilleri, (sorensen), magnusson...a fair few promising youngsters have come in on loan or signed outright.

Its common in football, for a team, when down to ten men, to fight harder than ever. But the last two games when I have seen us have a player sent off, have been over for Juve the moment the card was raised. rather than fight harder than ever, we capitulate. absolutely zero positive reaction from the team, on both occasions. This acceptance and expectation of defeat is a greivous fucking insult to our history...and the worst thing is, that we had the same shit last season. The grinta has been back in patches this time around, but clearly, it vanishes more often than it appears...

Del Piero is now, at 62 years old, far too flimsy and often useless a player to be our captain. Make him an ambassador for the club, but for fucks sake, dont extend his contract, as a player, and allow him to remain captain. we are not in a position where we can afford to be sentimental. we need leaders on the field, not just Buffon at the back, and chiellini roaring...Nedved was a leader, whose berserker competitive streak infected and demanded the same of everyone around him...we havent had a player come into the starting XI, since pavel retired, who has filled the hole of spirit and zeal and leadership. a player whose head never drops...who grits his teeth in pain and rage when the final whistle sounds and he must reluctantly allow his enemies to retreat to their dens to lick their wounds. Marchisio has the leadership qualities of a butterfly. Aquilani is unsure of himself presently...and Melo...well..its enough for him to not do anything stupid and to play well, although I do enjoy his eccentricity (at times)...hardly a natural born leader of men. Who else is there??? no leadership on the field, and very little off the field.

As so many of you have been saying...i now agree with the conclusion that until we get a new manager, a man who demands respect and pride in the jersey, as a bare minimum, we are going to continue to falter, flatter to deceive, and ultimately remain a 5th-8th place team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)