Renovation time... (2 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Its time we all accepted that our current squad, directors and management are ALL in need of renovation. From the top to the bottom of our once great club, we see mediocrity. In the directors box, in the dugout, on the fucking field. And rather than whinge about who to blame, and trying new formations which would be more exciting and perhaps more useful than our recent efforts...I prefer to gauge the opinion of my fellow juventini and work out, firstly, who should be culled and who should be kept.

GK.
Buffon- Obviously we want him, but as it looks likely we will need to make major changes in the summer, we will probably need a season AT LEAST to gel, new players, new manager, new tactics. So if he wants to leave, I will wish him luck, with tears in my eyes.IN.
Manninger- too erratic to be called reliable. Should be CULLED. OUT.

CB
Cannavaro. The risk has not paid off. His form and physical state have both been below par for most of the season. OUT.
Chiellini. obviously IN.
Legro, can be kept as backup, but probably best he is OUT.
Ariuado...if he does well at Cagliari, lets give the boy a chance IN

LB:
Grosso. OUT
De Ceglie...OUT He has had a fair few chances to show what he can do. Perhaps if asked to play as a left back with a left midfielder in front of him, we may see more value, but definitely NOT as a wingback. He doesn't have the quality defensively or offensively. And he looks like Damien from the Omen. OUT.

RB:
Gryerga. At best, solid yet unspectacular. Hardly juve material, the juve material we ALL expect and demand. OUT
Zebina. more dead than alive. OUT
Caceres...unsure about him, but at best, he is volatile and erratic and doesn't seem naturally useful at marking or heading...which makes him seem, a liability more than an asset. OUT.

so for the defence...Manninger,Grygera, zebina, de ceglie, Canna, Legro, grosso, Caceres.
Leaving Buffon, Chiellini, Ariuado.

Midfield:
Melo. Showing more of what we expect, under Zach's tutelage. IN.
Momo. I love him as a destroyer, but unfortunately he is too vicious to play calmly in front of the defence, and his shocking lack of ball control and basic passing ability makes him a problem whenever we move forward. I wouldn't be too upset to see him go, though will be happy if he stays, and becomes an all out destroyer...In/OUT for a decent fee.
Poulsen. OUT. too many chances, too little shown.
Tiago. OUT, same as above.
Marchiso. IN. His progress has been stunted this season, but still he has potential to become our tardelli.
Sali. too old, OUT.
Camo- injured more than available, a costly luxury. OUT.
Giovinco. Criminally underused. He has pace, trickery, flair, creativity, everything our attack lacks...IN.
Candreva. Showing promise. for a decent fee...IN.
Diego, real quality about him, we weren't shafted for the 25m, he is too good to sell without replacing him with similar quality, IN

OUT: Poulsen, Tiago, Sali, Camo, perhaps Momo.
IN: Melo, Marchisio, Giovinco, Candreva, Diego

Attack:
DP- will never be sold, but must accept that its time to let the new blood through to show what they can do. a reluctant IN reluctant because his star has been fast fading for many moons now...
Trez.- could still offer us another season, but his body is crippled, and we dont play to his strengths presently...so, if a decent offer comes in, OUT.
Amauri. The most ineffective striker I have seen play so often for Juve, in 16 years of following the club. definitely OUT.
Iaquinta. at worst, very useful as a squad player, at best, power, heart, aerial threat, needs 5 chances to score one goal, but he makes 5 chances more than all other attackers per game...IN

OUT: Trez, Amauri
IN: DP, Iaquinta.

This would leave us:
GK: Buffon
D:Chiellini, Ariuado
M: Melo, MArchiso, Giovinco, Candreva, (Momo), Diego
A: Dp, Iaquinta.

Stripping the squad bare keeping the quality, and the unsellable (DP)...its a start.

Clearly, we need a new president, a new transfer mogul and a new manager. The most important of which will be the manager.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Obviously such a large overhaul is unrealistic but I generally agree with your player analyses, except for Manninger who is an excellent 2nd keeper.

hey, and stop bashing the weed guy. Weed guys tend to be better people to have constructive conversations with than non-weed guys.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We plain suck. I prefer seeing an overhaul than this bullshit one more season.

Realistic or not, i agree with the opener that all those guys need to go.

If some of you are still trying to find ways to save this team with all this mediocrity, is better to start geting real about our team. We are pretty average.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    I would be very interested to read comments by anyone with a decent understanding of our youth team...putting aside all reality of our tendency to ignore youth.

With my own basic understanding and knowledge of our youth team, and also players out on loan...Ariuado and Ekdal, BOTH appear decent options, to at least be thrown into the senior squad in the summer. But what of Rossi?? Iago??? Immobile??? Immobile has prospered dramatically for the youth team, whereas Ekdal has played as a start for Siena for most of this season, which means either Siena has a wretched midfield, OR, that Ekdal is indeed progressing very well indeed, given that this is his first season in Serie A...

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Amauri isnt being deployed right... plus when was the last time we had had decent crosses?? .........oh yeah he scored...

I agree with some of the obvious call outs (zebina,tiago,mgt) but you need to chill out dude...

palidhje

Feb 6, 2010
    I don't mind losing to Milan, Inter, Bayern at home it hurts but still it's somehow acceptable. But losing from our surplus players, like Nocerino, Balzareti, Blasi, Miccoli it just hurts and it's very difficult to swallow.
    Are we cursed or what?!

Apr 12, 2004
    Amauri isnt being deployed right... plus when was the last time we had had decent crosses?? .........oh yeah he scored...

I agree with some of the obvious call outs (zebina,tiago,mgt) but you need to chill out dude...
    But dude, he's mad chill, like, whoa, it's the corporations and stuff man, where's my guitar, let's start a drum circle....like.....whoa....

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    This would leave us:
    GK: Buffon
    D:Chiellini, Ariuado
    M: Melo, MArchiso, Giovinco, Candreva, (Momo), Diego
    A: Dp, Iaquinta.
    Holding on to 11 players? That would mean fitting in a whopping amount of about 14 new ones!
    So even if you add 4 of our youth players to the senior team (which would be a lot), that would still mean buying 10 new players. 11 actually, since Candreva isn't even our player to begin with.

I didn't realise today was "throw-realism-out-of-the-window-monday".

TPSPriceless

Feb 15, 2010
    First of all there is no way anybody is going to pay more than €6 m for Camoranesi, if not less, and he is our best right winger - he won't go... Players like Tiago might leave but Poulsen is probably staying. We will have no spine if we kick out around 15 players.

Look at how average the England national team was under a bad coach, Capello took over and look now. Our team is full of internationals and most of them are actually quality players and if not then they should at least be in the top 15 of the league. Our real problem is that we don't have any great coach.

Look what Capello did to England, Madrid, Guus To South Korea & Russia, Lippi to Italy, Pep to Barca, Jose to Inter. With out set of players we are supposed to easily march to, at least, the top 4.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #20
    This sort of thread looks familiar. Don't we have another one like this?
    teeth, how manly of you to drop by! And I would say...NO, we do not have a thread, bringing together the angst and hope for a brighter future, which scatters itself across ALL threads, presently on the forums, and revolving around the current state of Juve, as a team, as a club. So it makes sense...to pull it all together in one thread. To have a thread, where a matter which is on the minds of 99% of juventini, can be discussed...minus the focus, of the threads, where fragments of such expressions, find themselves, morning, day and night on here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)