Renovation time... (9 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
we're so much shit even carlos gargarbage on goal thinks were turning into the new, old inter pre calciopoli :depressed

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #43
    Essentially, I would be happy to see the vast majority of our summer transfer budget invested in fullbacks. Because de ceglie, grosso, grygera, zebina are all well below par. And yet, we have been asking them all season, along with caceres, to be not only quality defenders but also technically competent wingers. Meaning we have no width.

A centreback, of decent quality, alongside Chiellini would be wicked. with ariuado back to challenge them both for a starting spot and act as backup.

Those purchases, as well as a decent manager, could well prove enough to improve back to the standard required to be in the top 3.

Improve the weakest areas first and foremost, MUST be the major issue for the summer. Its a shame that so much hinges on champions league qualification, or rather, that we are in such a fight for 4th place, because if we were more comfortable, then perhaps Zach would give the youngsters a sniff as the season draws to a close. We would all like to see more of giovinco, immobile and Rossi...

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
    The only and i mean only way to bring back the old Juventus is to fire Blanc and Secco and bring a proper experienced President & bring back Moggi & his crew.
    Moggi knows who to buy as he has a good eye for superstars, so we shouldnt worry about who comes and goes, half of the squad needs to be changed.
    He also knows how much each player is really valued, we wont need to spend the amounts we are spending now.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    The only and i mean only way to bring back the old Juventus is to fire Blanc and Secco and bring a proper experienced President & bring back Moggi & his crew.
    Moggi knows who to buy as he has a good eye for superstars, so we shouldnt worry about who comes and goes, half of the squad needs to be changed.
    He also knows how much each player is really valued, we wont need to spend the amounts we are spending now.
    Moggi will never come back, forget about the guy he's history now. Plus he's not the "only" guy who created the legacy of this club. There were many before him who were great too and won us many titles in this club.

Thats the owners job they should seriously look around for new directors. I honestly think right now we have one of the worst directors in the game period. Any half experienced, succesfull directors who know how to create a decent team would do a better job here.

I don't care who our next coach would be or who's the next player we will sign, as long as the current directors are around, i don't think this club will stand on its feet again.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    you all need to relax, there is no need for 70 different were doomed, lets get rid of every player because thats the answer to all our problems threads....our squad isnt a bad one, its a good one actually, we are missing though a few key components, a left back, a CM that can pass (or preferebly a fit right winger) and really thats about it if we were to buy caceres that is..a striker is another thing we might need, really it depends on what formation we play and whether we sell one.

if we were to play lets say the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-3-2-1 and give players like immobile, giovinco a chance along with a few acquisitions we are fine. We have a good base to build on, we simply need the right mind to guide them. People must realise its going to take a while before we return to our former glory.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It seems to me as if the convinction that the management is the real problem is being validated. Ever since the return from B we're in a slump and no change of coach has helped. Needless to say, the choice of coach is itself a function of the management.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    thegutterpoet, I agree with you on who should stay and who should leave. but we all know that is not going to happen this summer.
    but it should be our target that by the end of 2011/2012 season all those you mentioned are replaced. also, DP might retire by then.

our priority this summer are the fullbacks and a pacy striker.

the problem remains with our management though. if they are not replaced ASAP i don't expect much changes this summer.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    It seems to me as if the convinction that the management is the real problem is being validated. Ever since the return from B we're in a slump and no change of coach has helped. Needless to say, the choice of coach is itself a function of the management.
    Exactly that, spot on :beer:

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #50
    There is no PANIC in my position. I am not at all fretting, having accepted a long time ago, that in terms of SQUAD, let alone upper management, we have, at best, the third strongest set of players in the league. When you add in to that equation, a board who know little about football, and a clueless manager for most of the season, its perfectly reasonable to understand why we are challenging for 4th position, rather than the scudetto.

Of course I see some true quality in our ranks. Chiellini...world class centreback still with room to improve. Buffon...world class keeper, who could very easily give us another 3-4 years at the same level. Melo plays regularly for the best national team. Diego, obviously has serious talent. Marchisio is still growing, and will improve, DP and Trez, STILL have the ability to unlock, and to score, against decent opposition.

And our youth ranks, despite the general tendency to ignore them, are vibrant. Fausto Rossi, Immobile, Giovinco...those three especially, seem too talented to be ignored for ever. And there are more.

My original aim of this thread was to ask around to see what others thought of the squad as a whole. Not to say that our whole squad is wretched...

With a proper manager coming in...we already have the makings of a team capable of much more than we have shown this season:
    Buffon
    Chiellini
    Melo, Marchisio, Diego
    Trez, Iaquinta, DP

that's too much class to be panicking. My major hope is that we invest heavily in the defence, especially the flanks. Both flanks, as whilst Caceres has shown promise, he has not at all displayed enough composure or talent, to make him seem well valued at 11m or whatever the pre-agreed purchase price is.

Chiellini needs an experienced, top drawer partner, both fullback positions demand investment. Other than that...Lets integrate Immobile into attack, Giovinco, Marrone, Marrone, into the midfield, and Ariuado into the defence.

Truly, with two fullbacks, who can cross, tackle, run, cover, and a solid partner for Chiellini, we would be far better than we are presently. The rest of the team, our attack for example, would move forward in leaps and bounds, with the added security behind them, AND ESPECIALLY SOME SUPPORT FROM THE FLANKS...

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Juve's third Season back from Oblivion and they're much worse than what they were in Serie B.
    Best players from the Serie B squad:

Buffon
    Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Balzaretti
    Camoranesi Zanetti Marchisio Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero

Somewhat depressing, yes.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I was looking to see how old our squad is compared to other top teams around in Europe and guess what? We have the second oldest squad right behind Milan.

Milan: 29.36 years old
    Juventus: 28.60

Inter: 26.93
    Manchester United: 26.44
    Barcelona: 26.37
    Chelsea: 26.20
    Real Madrid: 25.45
    Liverpool: 25.03
    Arsenal: 23.86

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
    Caceres...unsure about him, but at best, he is volatile and erratic and doesn't seem naturally useful at marking or heading...which makes him seem, a liability more than an asset. OUT.
    You're dont right. He should stay at Torino. i think he's promising guy.

Also i tihnk Amauri is the best striker of our team. but he simple does not receive a decent crosses. two-three normal crosses to amauri and goal.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    It is getting validated. A leadership problem is clear to me here, these guys are not respected because they can't send a clear message about what this club stands for down to the players and due to the fact they are not football people.

I was just reading what Platini said about the management and what Tardelli said before. It just proves that they don't have the capability to lead these this team through adversity. It just compliments their comments to the media and dealings in the market.

The other thing I was thinking about is the rebuilding task. This team is mentally weak and is shattered. We didn't have time to bring in the big personalities, our problems have been that the reliance on our big players and a system that covers the flaws. The first instance we decide to open up, we get so exposed that can't plug the holes anymore.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    http://juventus.theoffside.com/team-news/the-worst-ever-season.html

In the comments yesterday, Romabaha said we were being overdramatic about the season, given that we are only 3 points from a CL spot. I figured it deserved it’s own post. So why is this such a dreadful season? All the reasons after the jump.

First, the injury crisis. I won’t go too far into this, because it’s well documented, but the unprecedented amount of injuries have robbed us of continuity, talent, and well, it saps our morale.

Second, we may be only 3 points from a Champion’s League spot, but our form means we aren’t going to get it, it was all from a great start to the season. Over the last 4 months, we have 9 losses, 5 wins, and 3 draws. 18 points out of a possible 51. If we started the season that way, we’d be looking at finishing at 40 points, which is the magic number for avoiding relegation. So over the last 4 months, it is not an exaggeration at all to say we are playing like a relegation-battling team.

Third, we are leaking goals like crazy. For a team that always prides itself on defense first, that’s horrible. We have not kept a clean sheet in 17 games, the all-time record for Juventus is 18 games in 1954-1955. We’ve conceded 43 goals, nearly double Inter, and the 6th worst defensive record in Serie A. Absolutely dreadful.

Fourth, the losses keep mounting. Kinda the same as point #2, but these stats deserve their own point. We have lost all 6 games against teams from southern Italy thus far. The club record for the most defeats is 19 in all competitions (15 in league play), with 70 goals leaked, in 1961-1962. Thus far, we’ve lost 11 in the league, and 4 in all other competitions, leaking 58 goals. Our goal differential in the league is 3. So we’re only 4 defeats and 12 goals from matching our worst ever season.

Fifth, the losses are bad and all, but particularly galling is the way we’re losing them. We’ve been booted out of Europe, twice, when we had our foot into the next round. We lost to both teams 4-1, having scored first. We score early, then concede like mad, hence the Napoli disaster. We lost at home to a shaky Milan 3-0. The team looks beaten, and there is no longer the legendary never-give-up Juventus spirit. In the last few weeks, we’ve been thumped by Napoli having gone ahead first, beaten by a goalkeeper’s error, and conceded 3 after going up 3 in 10 minutes. It’s hard to imagine more disgusting ways to give up matches.

Sixth, is the way of course the season started. Last season we finished 2nd, we spilled out millions of euros this summer mercato, signing big names- Felipe Melo, Diego, Grosso, and Cannavaro. And for the first two months, it looked like we were entering a new era for Juventus. Diego was playing brilliant, Cannavaro was back to his old self, Melo was proving me wrong, and Grosso was actually playing well. Flash forward to today. We aren’t winning, and our transfers have all been pretty crap.

Lastly, it’s the way the Old Guard is leaving. These guys are heroes of Juventus, some of the greatest players ever in our history, and not just for their performances on the pitch. Nedved, Del Piero, Buffon, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, all deserve to be retiring at the highest level, fighting for the Scudetto and the Champion’s League. Nedved retired last year, silverwareless for 3 years. ADP, Trez, and Camo all look set to move on or retire in the next 2 years, and the looks on their faces against Napoli was heartbreaking. Of the Old Guard, the only one who will be at Juventus for a while longer is Gigi Buffon. Let’s hope we don’t disgrace ourselves for when he leaves.

I’m tired of constantly being beaten, I’m tired of assholes wearing our jersey, I’m tired of losing on comebacks, I’m tired of leaking goals endlessly, but most of all…I’m just sick of the season. I think I speak for us all when I say I wish this season would just end now, whether we are in 5th or 15th.

By: alessio | March 26th, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We need a revamp rather than renovate, i suppose ...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    We are a disaster. Its really a shame for players like Del Piero, who will retire in the middle of this madness.... they dont deserve that...

But oh well, if this team doesnt need a renovation from top to bottom, the sincerely i dont know how we will get out of this in the upcoming years.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    If I actually saw an honest fight or a chance at a comeback against a club like Napoli, I would be much less despondent about our state. But we suck. We deserve to lose. And we have no business in Europe with this squad. Enough said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)