Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (2 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
A question (or two) for people to answer:

Who should Juve have signed as trequartista?

And, would you have passed on signing Alex Sandro (and either got a cheaper leftback or no leftback) in order to make it happen?

I can't think of a trequartista has moved this summer that would have improved Juve and provided reasonable value for money.

Goetze didn't want to join Juve and there's no suggestion Isco or Oscar were realistic options.

It's all very well saying that Juve should have signed a trequartista, but the right player does have to be available before that can happen.
but those people do not live in the real world where there are constraints on budget, club and player willigness. those people live in the football manager world where you can simply "right click" the player and choose "buy" and you will get him. no point in discussing things with people that do not even get basic economics.

just watch people climbing on marottas back for a free acquisition of khedira. all the people that cried so loud and wanted to have draxler would suddenly blame all on marotta the second draxler gets injured. all of a sudden they would have known it all along and how can you pay 40m for the andrade of left wings . . . it is really like kindergarten arguments in here. nobody will be held responsible for the past bullshit they said and words get twisted in a desperate attempt to save face.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
6/10 because we didn't land our primary objective, only to leave it late and acquire stopgap solutions we'll need to revisit in future seasons.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Well I pretty much agree with the most of the first post so I am just going to add or change what I think differently .

- Hernanes , not that I hate him , but I would put him in the Cons , he is not juve first team material , plus a panic buy is 99% of the time a bad deal in my book .

- Mandzukic . I thought at first this as a bad deal honestly , but after selling both llorente and coman I am glad he is here . I would put him in the pros only because the way this mercato closed .

- Zaza , the way this was handled is hilarious . We overpaid him . Plus if the words circling around that we bought him only because of prearranged deals is true , than this is even worse . Imho if this is true we should have sold him and goten someone like matri . No point in keeping someone which isn't wanted by the managment and coach . He stayed only for a numerical reason which shows how half planned this mercato was .

- Coman , imho this was a no brainer , no way we wouldn't have sold him . The only way a player who is 19 goten at 0 wouldn't be sold is if he did what pogba did his first year . He could become a WC player (has some traits) , but he could also never be worth what we sold him for . At this point there is no way to know and for that amount of money it was right to let him go . (This reasoning is made with the idea that there is an obligation to buy , if this is just a straight loan , imho this was a terrible deal)

- Vidal , going contrary to popular belief I would put this in the pros . I was one of the first to say that this was the right time to sell him . He was 28 coming after a not so great season where he played out of position for pretty much all the season (which also aided in why his performances weren't so great last year) . We would have never had a better chance to sell him . I also think the price was right , imho in his best I think we could have goten max 50 mil out of him after a not on his standarts year it was the right price . The real problem here is a failure to properly substitute him , with that I mean getting a midfielder to replace his charisma and importance in the field which wouldn't have neededly been a CM , could have easily been a worthy AMF .

This year imho everything started great , than everything went to shit pretty fast . The failure to sign a proper trequartista is the biggest problem of this mercato obviously . I would also like to know how much money we have spent in total this mercato , because after a CL final it looks like we haven't spent a thing considering also all the players we sold , seems like Agnelli has taken some tips from the "Golden Book of Deals" cowritten by Zamparini and Pozzo .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
6/10 because we didn't land our primary objective, only to leave it late and acquire stopgap solutions we'll need to revisit in future seasons.
:tup:

I have the best vote mates ever, swagness, big smiles Bisco, two timing Rami, hazardous Hazem, some delpiero fan, and fucking Django himself.

Durden

May 11, 2006
5/10 - I don't understand why we didn't look for a winger when it became clear no WC AM was available, and we already had secured Cuadrado. Why not try 4-3-3 if you have / can get the players for it? Im pretty confident Dybala would work as an inside winger, and then with Coman and a new WC Winger we would have looked good. But I guess no WC winger was available... Also very disappointed we sold Coman. I know we potentially will get a high price, but we didn't need the money for a big star, so why get rid of a potential one.. And the "but he wanted to leave". Well then you convince him to stay, or remind him he is under contract, and its not like he is going to be a starter at Bayern anyway. I just don't get this we have to buy and play with an AM when no WC AM is available... And I we have to play with an AM, then I would rather we play Pereyra I think he deserves the chance.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
And, would you have passed on signing Alex Sandro (and either got a cheaper leftback or no leftback) in order to make it happen?
from the top of my head
Firmino and yes
Pastore and yes
Gaitan and yes
Felipe Anderson and yes

I am now frustrated to the point that I'd even take Calhanoglu

But I would have saved 18mil on Zaza so I probably could have bought Sandro anyway

or I would have thrown like 60mil at Bayern for Götze. Other than Juventus Football Charity they dont give a fuck about player will

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

I can't think of a trequartista has moved this summer that would have improved Juve and provided reasonable value for money.

Goetze didn't want to join Juve and there's no suggestion Isco or Oscar were realistic options.

It's all very well saying that Juve should have signed a trequartista, but the right player does have to be available before that can happen.
Yes , considering that we offered around 30 mil for draxler believing what the journal say , with the sandro money added to that we could have really goten someone great . We could have had a very decent shot for isco/oscar/mata/goetze or pretty much every trequartista we were talked about of signing . Imho for more than 50 mil we could have moved them . I would have accepted another year with evra as main LB .

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
5/10

Long story short the sales we made hurt us, we sold one of our most valuable players ever at the drop of a heart, never even replaced him. Left signing a player suitable for our coaches favoured formation until deadline day, an inter reject no less. Made 2 great buys, and 2 opportunity purchaces (1 was a loan) that make sense I.E Khedira and Cuadrado.

We sucked at selling, and we're nowhere near ready as a team and have shit chemistry despite now being well underway in to the season.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Yes , considering that we offered around 30 mil for draxler believing what the journal say , with the sandro money added to that we could have really goten someone great . We could have had a very decent shot for isco/oscar/mata/goetze or pretty much every trequartista we were talked about of signing . Imho for more than 50 mil we could have moved them . I would have accepted another year with evra as main LB .
You still would not have a replacement for pirlo like that and no Backup for evra. That really sounds like a good plan.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
:agree: If we had done things right, meaning not donating players to other clubs and focusing on our main priority, we could have easily had 40/50m plus to spend on a Trequartista.

At that point with that money we could have tempted most clubs to consider selling their TQs.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

Dimitri Payet for €15m.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You still would not have a replacement for pirlo like that and no Backup for evra. That really sounds like a good plan.
Evra, Padoin, Asamoah at LB + WC AM sounds infintely better than Sandro, Evra, Padoin + Hernanes :lol:

LB was a patch that could live for another year. AM couldnt

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The replacement of pirlo would have been the trequartista , the whole point of getting an AMF would have been to add a more defensive midfielder (khedira) and push the creative player a little higher on the pitch . Asamoah would have been the backup of evra , or just buy someone for a small price as backup . Imho as a position a midfielder is always more important than a fullback/wingback for the overall game . Better have evra as a lb and isco as an AMF than sandro as a LB and hernanes as an AMF . Midfielders are more central to the game .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
5 out of 10 for me.

Which, mind you, is a failing grade.

I think the surprise signing could be Cuadrado or Hernanes though, especially the former, as long as we make sensical tactical decisions (which is obviously up in the air). Hernanes under the right guidance could find form again. As for the disappointments, I can't help but think Mandzukic will be a failure -- not because he's a poor player, but because he won't receive a lot of chances.

If we didn't get Cuadrado this would have been like a 2 or 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)